Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38264 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 18:41:06 »

seriously? you can't see how it could damage the player? I'll stick by it being piss poor and add that Norris made no impact whatsoever. I'll also stick by the timing being absolutely pointless. get Norris up to speed my arse Flitcroft.

I had the same criticism of Di canio and Connell.

If Kaiyne, or any other player, is damaged by that they’re finished in professional football. It’s bollocks. Manager made a decision. Turned out to be right (this time) yet we’re all concerned about Kaiyne and how he might be damaged? Nonsense.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 18:42:28 »

waiting until half time would have made no difference whatsoever to the result.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 18:43:32 »

anyway, moving on, Great save from RCC at the end. thought they'd rescued a point
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 18:51:04 »

Two total shit sides fucking up at will. For the first 15 we looked totally in control until they realised we didn't have a midfield.All 3 goals conceded were very easily defended but we were too shit to do so. We got out of jail today. Crewe were shit.
I thought Woolery looked crap and disinterested today and was not surprised he was subbed but was at the timing.
Yet again, for the fuck knows how many times this season, our midfield was non existent. Surely its not that fucking difficult to put together a midfield that can play as a unit or at least resemble a fucking midfield.
Richards and Elsnik will get the plaudits but what a save at the end. Don;t forget they were down to 9 men yet they should have equalised. Thats as good a save as you will see this season. Nothing flashy but strong hands and agility to keep it out. 
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 19:00:13 »

I think Batch is a precious flower who must've been subbed before half-time in early life Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 19:16:42 »

Anyone who went today and didn't leave feeling thoroughly entertained shouldn't really bother coming back. Lacking in quality? Well yes, it's league fucking 2. 99.9% of games in this division lack quality.
We were losing 3.1 and came back to win 4.3, can't we just enjoy that?  I'd rather get 3 points seeing a game like that.
Completely agree. Heard some bloke text into the radio saying he was furious because we were awful. Jeez, if you can't enjoy that (and yes we were awful in places) you just don't enjoy watching football. As Jurgen Klopp would say "What the Fuck was that?" Brilliantly bonkers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 19:17:19 »

Quote from: Samdy Gray
I think Batch is a precious flower who must've been subbed before half-time in early life Smiley

Ha. you've seen me play.  As if I started games.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 19:19:12 »

Also I've injured my finger either celebrating the winner, or saving a shot from an u9.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 19:26:53 »

Delicate flower or not, he's right. Poor man management. On the up side, recruitment this Jan has been decent, now carry it on with a defender (or two)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 19:56:03 »

Anyone who went today and didn't leave feeling thoroughly entertained shouldn't really bother coming back. Lacking in quality? Well yes, it's league fucking 2. 99.9% of games in this division lack quality.
We were losing 3.1 and came back to win 4.3, can't we just enjoy that?  I'd rather get 3 points seeing a game like that.

I went. Left at 3 - 1. It was fucking shit and I don't really want to go back. Definitely not renewing my season ticket. I fucking hate football at the moment.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 19:58:17 »

First goal went in and I was thinking 4:0....how wrong.

Lads fucked off at 3:1 but I stayed....glad I did.

Last season we would of lost 5:1.

Knife edge season ....over if we had lost today..

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 19:58:41 »

I went. Left at 3 - 1. It was fucking shit and I don't really want to go back. Definitely not renewing my season ticket. I fucking hate football at the moment.
At 3-1 it was fucking shit. At 3-3, it was brilliant. At 4-3 it was insanely terrific and reminded me why I go to football, because most of this season I've felt like you did
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 20:02:42 »

ferret

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 20:04:14 »

Games like that are why most of us, love lower league football... bonkers.

Flitters is now going to have to put on his thinking cap for Tuesday. We've already been stuffed at Stevenage playing with a back 4, and we know we have lost every mid week league game this season. Stevenage will be right up for it as a chance to get themselves back in the PO hunt. 

As stated a while ago, playing 3 donkey central defenders isn't really what, 3-5-2 is about, its too easy to pick off especially with non defending wing backs... OK it can work for the odd game, if an element of surprise, and the opposition suit, so useful as an option.

I think he'll have to stick with it for Tuesday, given what happened in the cup game.

For the record, do you still see us as relegation candidates? You did last month. If there are any doubts, I'll trawl up a relevant post or two. Not a problem.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 20:09:22 »

Two goal down comeback wins should always be celebrated & enjoyed regardless of circumstance.

Normally in a promotion season there is one game that can act as a catalyst for a really good run to be put together, maybe that was it. Next six games will determine where we end up.

Certainly an 'interesting' decision to sub Woolery.
Hopefully a good manager would then take the time to explain his decision and the player takes any potential criticism on board and everyone moves on.

Thought their no 39 looked a decent player.

The ref certainly liked to play advantage, even allowing Crewe to play on after a foul on Anderson, before eventually giving us the free kick.  Eek

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: