Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rights Issue  (Read 9868 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 17:09:19 »

We could even get those bontempi organ type things that they have in America to play little jingles for us to sing along to during the match. Fuck yeah.

You jest, but we already get songs after goals. Not that I tend to notice them much.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 17:13:14 »

You jest, but we already get songs after goals. Not that I tend to notice them much.

The songs or the goals?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 17:18:07 »

So anyway is it right that we lost between 2 and 3 million pounds last season?

How on earth did that happen?

Malpas and Christian Roberts weren't on that much were they?

Questions need to be answered.
iffy

« Reply #78 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 22:33:44 »

I agree with all of that. But I just think all the extra players at Premier League clubs that seldom play could be put to good use by lower division clubs and everyone would benefit. Sure there are a lot more loans happening now than ever but there is scope for it to be done even more.

But that model screws the small clubs even more. All the talent is hoovered up by the big clubs and there's no downside for the player, because they have an Arsenal contract AND first team football. The big clubs have all the talent they want under contract and poach all the kids. As a club outside the prem, you're say there with a begging bowl and told to be grateful. No thanks.

And it's sort of irrelevant to ask what would happen if our rich board get bored, because that's the case at Man City, Chelsea, Birmingham, Villa, all the way down.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, October 30, 2009, 18:30:47 »

When are the accounts being published?

I still don't understand how we managed to lose 3 million quid last year.
Doore

« Reply #80 on: Friday, October 30, 2009, 18:38:30 »

Probably got drunk, got cashback and accidentally threw it away.  I lost twenty quid this way, so I know how its done.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #81 on: Friday, October 30, 2009, 18:39:56 »

Probably becuase there was still stuff to pay off, I seem to remember Fitton stating that a few more skeletons had come out of the STFC closets.

Plus we had a big squad last season and I can't remember selling anyone during the accounting year.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: