Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New mobile phone  (Read 52636 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 15:18:56 »

The Legend is doing less with half the power, the smaller size doesn't compensate IMO. It's neither fish nor fowl. I'd recommend you try them out in store so you get an idea of how big they actually are, how easy they are to . You seem a little bit vague as to what you want tbh.

Oh, and you'll pretty much always get a better deal by ringing up and threatening to leave than you will going in the shop
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 15:42:23 »

To be fair I don't know what I want - but if I can get one of these type of phones then it will be new to me and probably be interesting finding out how to use it, what it does etc etc, would I use all it's features ? I really don't know but they do seem to be the way to go for the future so I see it as why not give it a go
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, June 4, 2010, 13:07:44 »

I know this is dragging on but I'm, sorting this tonight so new phone the weekend....a question for those in the know with HTC's

The Desire is the powerful one with the larger screen etc I'm aware of that what are the main differences between the Desire and the Legend other than screen size, are the differences noticable once using it ?

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #168 on: Friday, June 4, 2010, 13:18:07 »

Apparently, but I haven't used the Legend to confirm.

The Legend has that awful little 'chin' bit, some like it, others don't.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, June 4, 2010, 13:20:07 »

Cant honestly say about the difference between the 2 - but my son has a Desire, and I have to admit it's a bloody brilliant bit of kit !

I am a Blackberry boy myself - but using the Desire is just dead easy, it's quick and the amount of "apps" you can put on is phenomenal !

The "only" slight issue he has (and he uses it a lot - all day) is the battery does work its way down fairly quickly if you are using all the features.....

Wise men say........
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, June 4, 2010, 15:57:07 »

I know this is dragging on but I'm, sorting this tonight so new phone the weekend....a question for those in the know with HTC's

The Desire is the powerful one with the larger screen etc I'm aware of that what are the main differences between the Desire and the Legend other than screen size, are the differences noticable once using it ?
I'd have thought the twice as powerful processor would make a considerable difference given that, as Si says, it's essentially a mini portable computing device with phone capabilities rather than a phone with some twiddly bits. Assuming you're going to get tied into a 2 year contract like most people seem to be these days, what may not seem that much of a constraint now may become really frustrating over the next year or so. On that basis alone, I'd go for the Desire.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Friday, June 4, 2010, 17:15:29 »

Spoke to vodafone and apparently there is a shorttage of the Desire from the manufacturers at the moment due to a component issue.....prepared to do me a good deal though when they get them in
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #172 on: Friday, June 4, 2010, 17:29:12 »

I heard its because they are selling out due to demand!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Friday, June 4, 2010, 17:33:00 »

They say they cap the internet usage at 0.5GB and you can't go over I'm assuming that is plenty ?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #174 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 17:02:10 »

They say they cap the internet usage at 0.5GB and you can't go over I'm assuming that is plenty ?

0.5gb makes me shudder
TownLoyal

« Reply #175 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 17:56:43 »

Thats what i've got on my phone and never gone over, always checking TEF, adver site, facebook and other things
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #176 on: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 17:59:17 »

Anyone on Android check our AppBrain

http://www.appbrain.com/

It's basically the apps market but on a pc. All you need to do is download the appbrain application to your phone through the market (browsing on your phone) and sign in with your google account on the website.

If you login on the website it makes it easier to browse the market, and can choose on the website what to install/uninstall. Then you just open the appbrain application in the phone and select sync with account and it automatically does the rest.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 02:52:27 »

Took the kids to the fair last night and cracked the screen on my Blackberry Storm.

Can these be fixed easily enough or is there somewhere in Swindon i can get it fixed?

Clems Army!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 09:43:11 »

I have to say, i've only had my Desire for about 12 hours, but it is brilliant... getting used to it still compared to the iPhone, but it's excellent. Facebook hasn't worked all day today, but i'm not overly bothered about that, as i'm sure it's just a glitch.

How are you finding the change from i phone to desire.

I was set on getting the i phone 4 but reading some of the posts on here is making me think twice.

I don't fancy spending forever getting used to a new smartphone as I just want to hit the ground running as use it mainly for e mail, internet, texts and calls.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 10:17:46 »

How are you finding the change from i phone to desire.

I was set on getting the i phone 4 but reading some of the posts on here is making me think twice.

I don't fancy spending forever getting used to a new smartphone as I just want to hit the ground running as use it mainly for e mail, internet, texts and calls.
the iphone 4 tarrifs are disgusting also
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: