Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 30845 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 11:49:46 »

Yaay!

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 12:11:28 »

has no one told him he's going to Leeds yet?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #107 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 12:13:13 »

Ssshh it's a suprise.
dell boy

« Reply #108 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 13:20:35 »

Cox is not leaving in January - from the horses mouth - not the teenagers Christmas party night.

As quoted on December 21st, responding to TCP ...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 13:23:38 »

I think TCP knows we believe him alot of the time so every now and again he'll throw in a fake one just to see who believes it.

Like when he said Iain Dowie was going to be our new manager and Arriba bet on it!
DMR

« Reply #110 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 13:29:44 »

I think TCP knows we believe him alot of the time so every now and again he'll throw in a fake one just to see who believes it.

Like when he said Iain Dowie was going to be our new manager and Arriba bet on it!

Or, when it comes to first team issues, he knows the same as the rest of us, i.e. shit all?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 13:33:31 »

He gets his info from the youth team who get their info from what they think they know and considering half of them are thick as fuck some of it is bound to be wrong.

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 13:44:02 »

i didn't bet on it dv.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 13:53:20 »

Did he lord it over the opposition in his "baron" spell?

We had a Barron once-and a noble and a king.Ialways kind of hoped we'd sign Steve Earle and Frankie Prince to make an "aristocrat X1"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 13:55:58 »

We had a Barron once-and a noble and a king.Ialways kind of hoped we'd sign Steve Earle and Frankie Prince to make an "aristocrat X1"

We had a Duke as well.   Reg. - any players named Lord in the past ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 13:58:13 »

any players named Lord in the past ?

According to swindon-town-fc.co.uk, no.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 14:10:59 »

All eat Viscount biccys at halftime...........

Clems Army!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 14:27:46 »

It amazes me that when Cox sounds off about a move away some fans are quick to jump on his back......there not so quick to sing his praises when he releases a statement like this....lets hope the club give him a good contract with big clauses to our benefit.

FROM WESTERN DAILY PRESS

Striker Simon Cox is ready to discuss a new deal to stay at Swindon Town.

Cox, who is the club's top scorer this season with 16 goals, will tell new manager Danny Wilson that he is happy to pledge his future to him at the County Ground, despite the club's recent struggles on the pitch.

Cox also refuted speculation linking him to Premiership club Bolton Wanderers – and stressed he will not be seduced by the glamour of a move to the top-flight if it means he is left sitting on the bench and playing in the reserves.

"I don't think anyone has come in with any bids for me and I'm happy where I am," said Cox.

"I am just waiting for the transfer window to close and we will see where I am at the end of it, but I still expect to be here.

"I have already said that when a new manager came in I would be prepared to talk about new deals and all sorts."

Cox has another season under contract and made it clear he is enjoying being a regular in the team after his previous experience at Reading.

"I don't want to go back to my Reading days," added Cox. "If I do leave – and I cannot express enough that I am not – it won't be to sit around anywhere.

"I'm not going to your top-flight Premier League clubs to just sit and wait, come on for five minutes here and there and not play the next week because I have done that.

"That is rubbish and undoes all the hard work I have done here. I want to be in the team earning the best money I can. I don't want to be sat on my backside all the time.

"Playing well in the reserves gets you nowhere. I have done it and don't want to do it again."

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 14:31:24 »

it appears to me that if a bigger club came in and offered him a place in the team, and more money he'd be off.yes he's happy here, but he'd be happier playing at a bigger club on more dosh.i wouldn't blame him either
dell boy

« Reply #119 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 14:35:01 »

it appears to me that if a bigger club came in and offered him a place in the team, and more money he'd be off.yes he's happy here, but he'd be happier playing at a bigger club on more dosh.i wouldn't blame him either
Not 100% sure, he wants first team football and at Swindon this is guaranteed.
He is not good enough for the Premier as yet, he's young and still learning and theres loads more improvement in him I'm sure, another season in Division One will do him no harm at all.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: