Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nicho off to Chester  (Read 9689 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 11:56:56 »

Sacking a manager is always expensive. Even if it was free it wouldn't be worth it anyway, it's not like he's done a bad job.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 11:59:52 »

hahaha! so with one of the best sides in the league not making the play offs is a good job?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:12:39 »

Well you make it sound like he's been given a great side and has fucked it up but did we have one of the best sides in the league when King arrived? Hardly, we had a shite side, one of the worst in the league. Was he given any money to spend? Barely any.

The only reason we have now got a good side is 'cos King has built it.

So basically you're saying he should go as he's built one of the best sides in the league at little cost and on one of the lowest wage budgets in the league but they haven't quite reached their potential.

I think that's a ridiculous reason to sack a manager, surely you should sack a manager if they build a shit team that does shit or spend loads of money and still achieve nothing, not for building one of the best sides in the league.

:roll:
Elvis Presley

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:19:23 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

The only reason we have now got a good side is 'cos The King has built it.

Thank you for your support Sir.  The King is here to stay.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:21:22 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Well you make it sound like he's been given a great side and has fucked it up but did we have one of the best sides in the league when King arrived? Hardly, we had a shite side, one of the worst in the league. Was he given any money to spend? Barely any.

The only reason we have now got a good side is 'cos King has built it.

So basically you're saying he should go as he's built one of the best sides in the league at little cost and on one of the lowest wage budgets in the league but they haven't quite reached their potential.

I think that's a ridiculous reason to sack a manager, surely you should sack a manager if they build a shit team that does shit or spend loads of money and still achieve nothing, not for building one of the best sides in the league.

:roll:

yes your right he did a good job to build a good team but he cant manage it! if he cant get this team to win matches then something is terribly wrong!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:27:50 »

But building the team is a huge part of managing it.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:32:02 »

yeah but the motivation isnt there! what use is that? you have two key stages in doing well as a manager
1. Build a decent team - king has passed that with flying colours
2. Make success happen on the pitch - that just hasnt happened this season

what use is it building a team and then not movitating them to play well?
players end up not caring and not putting in the effort (howard being an example) and that means poor results im afraid
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:32:27 »

I don't like King, he's a cock as far as I'm concerned but without lining up a decent replacement I don't think it's worth the gamble of sacking the bloke.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:33:26 »

thats true jan. the replacement will have to be a good one!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:35:44 »

Which we probably couldn't afford, which is why I think it's better the devil you know.  What's the point of getting rid of King and ending up with a Russell Osman, Alan Reeves or some other bloke who would be worse than AK.  We need a proven good manager, and that isn't gonna happen.
BigStan

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 13:38:16 »

makes me despair for a number of reasons.

Firstly, I really cannot believe how people with absolutely no knowledge of the situation are only too willing to fabricate libellous, scandalous and generally distasteful nonsense about a player who has done absolutely nothing to warrant any aggravation (Other than inadvertantly crossing King).

Secondly, you have to remember that King actually first bombed Nicho last season before the playoff games. After a sustained spell in the starting lineup in the second half of the season Nicho had demonstrated that he was a more than competent Second Division left back. For the playoffs King, without telling Nicho why, brought Grant Smith in and played him out of position at left back.

Just as perversely King then decided during the summmer that he didn't like Smith after all.

So even though Nicho had only just had his knee op (so missing a fair chunk of pre-season) he was back in favour.

4 or 5 games in 8 days then buggered Nicho's knee again and King turns his back on him again.

From the tail end of last season to now King has not given one word of coherent explanation to Nicho as to why he is no longer part of King's band of preferred players.

Irrespective of whether Nicho is brilliant or rubbish it really isn't good enough that he's been dumped without explanation. I don't mean to us, but to the player himself.

On a personal note I do believe that his talents would be wasted in League 2, but if if a move to Chester is what it takes to get him back into full competitive games then he's better off there than here.
Piemonte

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 14:31:34 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I don't like King, he's a cock as far as I'm concerned but without lining up a decent replacement I don't think it's worth the gamble of sacking the bloke.

for the first time in weeks I agree with Jan Cheesy

Also bear in mind that if we did sack king the new manager would have to be one that is currently unemployed. We aint got the money to be playing compo to other clubs
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 14:41:53 »

Quote from: "BigStan"
makes me despair for a number of reasons.

Firstly, I really cannot believe how people with absolutely no knowledge of the situation are only too willing to fabricate libellous, scandalous and generally distasteful nonsense about a player who has done absolutely nothing to warrant any aggravation (Other than inadvertantly crossing King).

Secondly, you have to remember that King actually first bombed Nicho last season before the playoff games. After a sustained spell in the starting lineup in the second half of the season Nicho had demonstrated that he was a more than competent Second Division left back. For the playoffs King, without telling Nicho why, brought Grant Smith in and played him out of position at left back.

Just as perversely King then decided during the summmer that he didn't like Smith after all.

So even though Nicho had only just had his knee op (so missing a fair chunk of pre-season) he was back in favour.

4 or 5 games in 8 days then buggered Nicho's knee again and King turns his back on him again.

From the tail end of last season to now King has not given one word of coherent explanation to Nicho as to why he is no longer part of King's band of preferred players.

Irrespective of whether Nicho is brilliant or rubbish it really isn't good enough that he's been dumped without explanation. I don't mean to us, but to the player himself.

On a personal note I do believe that his talents would be wasted in League 2, but if if a move to Chester is what it takes to get him back into full competitive games then he's better off there than here.

Bigstan if what you say is true why has Nicho never gone to the manager to find out where he stands?Why hasnt he tried to sort himself another club,didnt he refuse to go on loan somewhere earlier in the season?

This whole affair is just odd.

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 15:00:53 »

As Big Les would often say I'm not one for gossip but a chap who seems straight up enough claims to have spoken to Nicho's old man at one of the games over Christmas.

Said he liked the club a lot but again couldn't quite understand just why he was being overlooked all of the time and was getting  bit fed up with it all.  

As I said earlier a big part of the problem this season for Nicholas has been Calamity constantly faffing around with formations.  A lot of the time he has tried playing with wingbacks, not that we have any regardless but it has certainly limited the chances for a fullback.  Then there was the Duke situation where King decided regardless of performances because of the stick he was getting at the time he would play Duke to the bitter end.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 17:01:02 »

Big Stan are you the same Big Stan that Nicho said hello to in the Players Q&A section in the Huddersfield Town programme?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: