Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nicho off to Chester  (Read 9528 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 17:53:30 »

bollocks. I wanted to keep him.
http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10341~640249,00.html

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 18:06:47 »

I think this is part of  what King means when he talks about major changes for next season.....I'd imagine more or less anyone who can find a new club will be encouraged to, those out of contract will be offered less and the squad will be much reduced with a number of kids being used in the first team.

There may be trouble ahead.....of the kids you saw today Blink, are there any beyond Caton who look remotely up to League !
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 18:36:19 »

I guess we can view this in two ways.  With this squad, and King in charge, I doubt we'll go up next season either, with playoff chances seemingly growing smaller by the matchday.  It will be exciting to see King ringing the changes, and he did do this prior to last season which was on the whole, largely successful.

Nicholas was a highlight of last season, and I can only assume King feels his injury has seriously affected him as Duke as not performed to a level whereby he would keep an aspiring youngster out the team for less crucial games.

Pook, Caton and Garrard are the only youngsters which spring to mind who may be remotely ready for the first team, although Holgate and Lewis seemingly have bright futures ahead of them.  Brian Howard is quite young too....   Cheesy
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 18:39:37 »

Not sure what to make of all this!!  Just seems same old swindon, we have made good progress over the past couple of years in general and now it looks like we may be going back to square one again!

I suppose only time will tell but it is a touch depressing although as Walrus says it could be exciting at the same time!!!! :?

y wings are like a shield of steel!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 18:40:28 »

If you read the article concerned it seems that Nicho is not training well and is playing crap for the resereves.I cant comment as I dont watch training sessions or reserve matches but perhaps if he felt he had half a chance of getting in the first team he may try harder.Its a bit of a chicken and egg situation really.

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 19:04:31 »

Shame to see him go but to be honest last season I would have said more than anything his performances where encouraging rather than outstanding.

That's not to say he didn't have his share of blinders because he did but he was a way off the finished article.

Not really been given much of a chance this season to show what he can do in the first team.   A lot of that I would put down to Calamity constantly faffing about with formations, most of which didn’t require fullbacks.

Given a few seasons under the right guidance and playing regularly I think he could develop into a good pro at this level.  If I where him though Chester would the last place on earth I would consider at the moving to at the moment.  Said it before Ian Rush, with or without the tache is not management material.

DMR

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 20:58:23 »

Shame to lose him but his attitude and confidence were long gone.

Hope we pick up a fee of sorts for him.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 21:17:51 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Shame to lose him but his attitude and confidence were long gone.

Hope we pick up a fee of sorts for him.

You really are a knobber.  
What do you really know DMR
'attitude gone' - what do you mean?
'confidence gone' - comes from playing.

King for some perverse reason prefers to jettison 'last years young player of the year', 'under 21 material' for no reason thats apparent to anyone.  Bigstan said last week that no-one at the club understands - so your nonsensical rumours (fighting (literally) with King) are ridiculous.

Just understand that some of the comments attributed to King on the official site were news to Andy.

King - management.  Contradiction in terms.  The man is a plank!

So you mention a fee - delusion.  Last year maybe - now - you are having a laugh!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 21:20:19 »

the fee we get is the one from not paying his wages (if that makes sense)

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
jim

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 21:22:55 »

Quote from: "Whits"
the fee we get is the one from not paying his wages (if that makes sense)

erm no!

Last year you would have said that he and a few others would be the golden eggs for the club - cost nothing and proving their worth and could be sold for real return.

Now......
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 21:24:16 »

hes not playing for the first team so hes costing us money without any benifit. if he leaves he one less person off the wage bill, thats what i meant. not saying its alot but every bit counts

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
jim

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 21:25:51 »

Quote from: "Whits"
hes not playing for the first team so hes costing us money without any benifit. if he leaves he one less person off the wage bill, thats what i meant. not saying its alot but every bit counts

'Should have gone to specsavers'

King-like myopia raises its head again.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 21:31:53 »

i think we are making two different points. these days teams in the lower leagues very rarely get a fee for there players.

i was making the point about the player now being off our wage bill therefore saving the club money in the future.

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
DMR

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 21:39:14 »

Jim hates Dave post number 327475  Cool
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 22:39:10 »

jim, are you capable of making a post to put a point across without being ridiculously condescending to everybody who dares disagree with you?

Nobody knows why Nicho isn't in the team, not you, not Dave, probably not even King. Chill.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: