Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rochdale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 56081 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:12:41 »

Actually a study in the late 90's/early 2000's proved the opposite. Damned if I can find it now.

edit:

Actually it said that there is a short term gain but 12-18 games later the "honeymoon period" is negated and in fact you end up getting fewer point per game than you were with the old manager. i.e. you are better off sticking with the old one.

http://www.wbs.ac.uk/downloads/news/2009/10/what-is-the-impact-of-changing-football-manag.pdf

Damned if I can find either of them now, but both the BBC and the Grauniad had articles on this around Christmas. They found that of the clubs that had sacked their manager over (I think) the past 2-3 seasons because they were trying to avoid relegation, around half went down anyway under the new guy. Which is kind of inconclusive but certainly doesn't suggest that bringing in a new manager automatically guarantees you stay up as per the commonly held myth among fans and pundits alike
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:13:15 »

Wilsons subtle tactical changes when brining on prutton left me gobsmacked.
At one point we seemed to be playing the christmas tree formation with dossevi and ritchie playing of our 5'9 target man up front
We had a formation?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:15:23 »

Aside from that being utter garbage, I'd like to single out Michael Rose for being a pathetic excuse of a footballer. Utter shit! Still haven't forgiven him for that red card the other week.

Glad he's still a fucking useless piece of shit, shows there is some consistency... worst fullback since Cobian

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:15:30 »

Out of the 11 starting, only 2 of them were regulars last season.

God knows what Ferry has to do, I would be feeling very pissed off if I was him. What has he done wrong?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:17:20 »

You came up with a couple of gems today bennett.

Keep it up Cheesy
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:19:12 »

We'll I'm clearly going to be a contrarian. I didn't think Timlin was that bad, especially in the opening 15 mins, trying to spread play, get us moving.

Flint actually worried me more and more - I think the reason Frampton got into trouble on the edge of the area was he was terrified of giving it to Flint with people closing him down about 20 yards out - he'd already given it away three times in dangerous positions when not under massive pressure. I might be being too harsh to someone thrown in stepping up three divisions, but he looks like some project and not a quick solution. Which we need.

Caddis was encouraging, and I thought Ritchie brought something extra when he came on though god knows why we tried that diamond formation for 10 mins.

The defending of set pieces cost us another goal, like Tuesday and I think we are on our way down unless:

1) Obika proves to be a strong striker who can keep hold of the thing and take some pressure of us.
2) We defend free kicks and corners properly.

Morecambe's a new ground though.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:19:39 »

Out of the 11 starting, only 2 of them were regulars last season.

God knows what Ferry has to do, I would be feeling very pissed off if I was him. What has he done wrong?

Quite. I think Ferry must have shagged Mrs Wilson or something.

Sheehan doesn't seem to get a per-longed run in the team either. Though he kind of divides opinion on whether he should play anyway.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:19:51 »

We had a formation?
i'm sure of it, you think it was coincedence smith in the keepers kit and gloves was near the goal all the time?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:20:53 »

You came up with a couple of gems today bennett.

Keep it up Cheesy
will do

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:22:16 »

Quite. I think Ferry must have shagged Mrs Wilson or something.

Sheehan doesn't seem to get a per-longed run in the team either. Though he kind of divides opinion on whether he should play anyway.
Sheehan has been very inconsistent but is still a better option than Rose. We were warned about him and fans of his past clubs were spot on.

If O'Brien is a pro footballer because of his pace, Rose is one because of his free kicks. Defensively inept and it says something that he stood out as shite in a title winning Norwich side.
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:30:33 »

Just home after a two hundred plus mile round journey....Never felt as deflated driving up the M5 in the 19 years I have lived here..what should and could have been a great display of new signings and three points we looked awful

Why is Ferry not playing? why was Amakwaah taken off?

The one thing which bought a smile to my face  was from a guy on the DRS.."come on, I can play better than that.....and I'm fat" !!! Clap
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #431 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:36:22 »

I wouldn't play Rose or Sheehan at LB. Rose is defensively as bad as I've ever seen. Sheehan is not much better particularly when he's up against pace. We would have been better off signing neither but signing both was fucking stupid. I'd rather give Kennedy a run with LJF as back up.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #432 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:42:28 »

Some good news Poole Town beat Fawley 3-1 today

Not such good news for Brock leefer

New Milton Town  2  -  1  Brockenhurst 
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:45:22 »

The defending of set pieces cost us another goal, like Tuesday and I think we are on our way down unless:

1) Obika proves to be a strong striker who can keep hold of the thing and take some pressure of us.
2) We defend free kicks and corners properly.

Morecambe's a new ground though.

Unfortunately Obika isn't that type of player, he's about 6 foot, plenty of pace but has the build of Jermaine Defoe. He does knows where the goal is though when given the opportunity.
Coca Fola

« Reply #434 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:46:19 »

Can't be bothered to read back. But a few points.

-Flint did well considering it was his debut.
-Apart from the goal I don't think Benyon offered much. But if he played shit and scored every week I wouldn't mind.
-Rose=shit.
-Dossevi was awful. But he did work hard.
-Smith was dodgy in goal.
-Douglas needs to stop doing the first time outside of the boot pass. As half the time it doesn't work.
-Prutton was very good when he came on.

Fair result. Should be winning games like that though. I was very impressed with their number 7, Gary Jones. He ran the show. We need a player like that.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: