Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rochdale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 56096 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #405 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:10:56 »

A good campaign in L2, will see gates rise, Wilson has got good experience of getting out of that division...
I'd like to think that if we were in L2 next season that Wilson wouldn't get the chance to leads us out of it. As it stands thuogh he has every chance to lead us into it. Walsall are picking up a fair few points now that they've changed managers. Thankfully it hasn't worked for the Gasheads who could only beat a pile of shit like us.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:13:07 »

samdy,update the prediction league.i wanna gloat.... Wink

Gloat away.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:13:54 »

As proved more often than not when a manager is sacked because the team is hovering around the relegation zone, a new manager seems able to come in and provide the momentum to string enough results together to pull them free of trouble.

Actually a study in the late 90's/early 2000's proved the opposite. Damned if I can find it now.

edit:

Actually it said that there is a short term gain but 12-18 games later the "honeymoon period" is negated and in fact you end up getting fewer point per game than you were with the old manager. i.e. you are better off sticking with the old one.

http://www.wbs.ac.uk/downloads/news/2009/10/what-is-the-impact-of-changing-football-manag.pdf
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:24:14 by Batch » Logged
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:19:05 »

He hooked it in for our goal Smiley
Yes, but he's not a creative player.

I don't really known what he is, he isn't a defensive midfielder really either. He's just shit.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:21:03 »

Aside from that being utter garbage, I'd like to single out Michael Rose for being a pathetic excuse of a footballer. Utter shit! Still haven't forgiven him for that red card the other week.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:22:12 »

Hmmm the league situation is certainly getting worrying now. In the last 7 games we've had some good performances and no one has played us off the park but no wins and just 3 points is clearly insufficient.

Hopefully we can get back to winning ways on Tuesday against Orient, and maybe now Danny can let Ferry out of the naughty corner? Surely whatever he's done can't be that bad and I really think we look a better side with him in the team.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:32:38 »

Yes, but he's not a creative player.

Gets into the box and is more attacking than Timlin for me. Ah well, we'll have to disagree.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:34:28 »

He can create but I wouldnt call him creative if that makes sense.

I dont think he was anymore creative than Caddis was down the right.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:43:43 »

Fucking hell, tranmere have 3 games in hand
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:44:32 »

Suprised Ritchie made the bench today as i was told he's been trying to shake off the flu this week. Our options up front are really threadbare and the sooner we get a couple of strikers the better.

Benyon did alright for his 1st game. The service he had was poor and he definitely needs a stronger player to work off of to hold the ball up for him.  Obika is a good player with pace but he isn't a player that can hold the ball up like Pericard.

I thought the weakest 3 players on the pitch today by far were Dossevi, Rose & Frampton the latter being robbed on the edge of the box was just poor sloppy defending imo. His distribution seemed to find the opposition everytime too as did Dossevi's passing, i just don't get how a player like Dossevi just doesn't read the game properly, he's either offside, can't time his runs or just doesn't watch where the ball is being passed.

It was never going to be a classic today the wind was bad but if i'm honest we didn't take advantage of that in the 1st half.

Overall Rochdale were just as poor as we were but they seemed to want it more & quite easily could have because our lack of creativity.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:45:41 »

Just plucking some vague opinion out of the air, doesn't make it a fact. Evidence please.
Danny Wilson 2009 Smiley

That's the way forward then, sack our useless manager (you know the one that saved us from relegation two years ago & got us to the play-off final last year), and replace him with that Danny Wilson bloke.    SORTED  
stfcinbmth

« Reply #416 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:46:39 »

Worrying times, and I think I'm glad I didn't make it up
lambourn red

« Reply #417 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:48:51 »

one word for that today Depressing
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:01:15 »

He can create but I wouldnt call him creative if that makes sense.

Agreed, I'll rephrase.

I think he brought on players more likely to win us the game. We lost a bit of shape/robustness but did look like scoring for a short spell in that second half. Personally I'd rather that than try nothing and settle for 0-0, we need to be winning our home games. Sadly it didn't work.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 20:11:50 »

Wilsons subtle tactical changes when brining on prutton left me gobsmacked.
At one point we seemed to be playing the christmas tree formation with dossevi and ritchie playing of our 5'9 target man up front

As previously mentioned Rose looked awful, he seems magically able to run himself into a cul de sac where he's got fuck all of an option but to hoof it.

I'm sure I'm not alone in being bored of having their saturday afternoons ruined by our shitly performing loads of players but when you add fucking idiotic refs into the mix it's just turning into a "well i've got a season ticket, i guess i'd better go" mentality. today's one wasn't horrendous for either us or rochdale, he just came out with some utterly baffling decisions

still, only a few wins and we're back up in the play off places

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: