Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rochdale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 56092 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:17:16 »

If Thomas Dossevi is so much of a waste of space and still playing, I can't believe DW can play Billy Bodin up front in stead.

The only criteria to play of front for Swindon now seems to be the same criteria that Mexican Red has for women: pulse

Soapy Tit Wank

So, are you saying Billy Bodin is dead?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:17:34 »

Who is?

The side that played today.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:18:09 »

The way I see it is that we have potentially got a very good squad and a manager who appears to be unable to pick a team and when he does is incapable of managing them.

I am firmly in the Wilson out camp. Sorry if that upsets some but I'd prefer to be a league one side next season.

Agree with this 100% and anyone who still 'has faith' in Wilson turning it round is either a blind optimist or severely deluded. All I can see him doing is taking us into League 2.  

I feel too dejected to go into the game in any detail, but the words woeful and poor spring to mind.  Too many changes to the team yet again and the substitions (AOB aside as he was obviously injured) beggared belief.  

I can't see where a win is going to come from. 7 points out of the last available 30, 4 points out of the last 18 at home tells it's own story.  Elliot Benyon has probably kept Wilson in a job with that goal.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:20:49 »

I'm sticking with Wilson... So there.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:21:35 »

Dont think we have much choice in that respect. I think if he was going to go it would have been early January at the latest.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:22:29 »

The only criteria to play of front for Swindon now seems to be the same criteria that Mexican Red has for women: pulse
Didn't think Mex was that fussy tbh
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:22:31 »

Just back.

This was not as bad as people make out. We were reasonably solid but were lacking any real cutting edge. Rochdale offered no threat whatsoever, other than their goal.

We got what we deserved, a point. Is that enough at home, probably not,. But clearly Rochdale were not just going to come and roll over.

Of the new boys Benyon looks like a goalscorer but just that. He isn't going to offer a lot oter than in the box. Not that this is a bad thing.

Flint we'll have to wait and see. Not a bad debut given the level he has come from, nearly made a couple of fatal mistakes but got away with them. He'll get better.

This is in no way related to his performance by why the hell was Cuthbert dropped? I know we have a few games this month but why?!
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:23:52 »

Didn't think Mex was that fussy tbh

Clap

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:24:14 »

So, are you saying Billy Bodin is dead?

To DW he probably is

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:24:41 »

Agree with this 100% and anyone who still 'has faith' in Wilson turning it round is either a blind optimist or severely deluded. All I can see him doing is taking us into League 2.

Never been called a blind optimist before so presumably I'm severely deluded.

I think this season was a write-off from the start, losing Greer and Paynter - arguably not Wilson's fault - and the constant rumours about Austin meant we would never go anywhere. Not saying I'm satisfied with a relegation battle but I'm not sure what some people were expecting when we effectively weakened the side instead of strengthening it. Wilson has attempted to replace Greer and Paynter but seems influenced by Fitton's desire to buy potential and sell for profit instead of expensive and experienced hence the signings of players like Flint and Misun, the departures of Morrison and Austin.

But then again, he's persevered with Pericard and Dossevi so perhaps he does deserve the boot.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:25:03 »

This is in no way related to his performance by why the hell was Cuthbert dropped? I know we have a few games this month but why?!
Wilson had to change something, we're conceding too many. Maybe he thought we'd be under pressure quite a lot in the air so put a big lad in?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:25:35 »

Dont think we have much choice in that respect. I think if he was going to go it would have been early January at the latest.
Much though it pains me to say this, you are right about that. Although I did say this earlier in the week so I'm counting this not so much as you being right as catching up with me late Smiley
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:26:53 »

I'm sticking with Wilson... So there.

Each to their own, but a genuine question for you - what makes you think that a) he's going to turn it around and b) somebody else couldn't come in and get the players we've got working as a team?
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:29:56 »

Just back.

This was not as bad as people make out. We were reasonably solid but were lacking any real cutting edge. Rochdale offered no threat whatsoever, other than their goal.

We got what we deserved, a point. Is that enough at home, probably not,. But clearly Rochdale were not just going to come and roll over.

Of the new boys Benyon looks like a goalscorer but just that. He isn't going to offer a lot oter than in the box. Not that this is a bad thing.

Flint we'll have to wait and see. Not a bad debut given the level he has come from, nearly made a couple of fatal mistakes but got away with them. He'll get better.

Jesus Christ we must have watched different games
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:30:00 »

Much though it pains me to say this, you are right about that. Although I did say this earlier in the week so I'm counting this not so much as you being right as catching up with me late Smiley

I first said it in 2002, so there!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: