Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry City FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 51495 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 22:58:28 »

Touché

Although I think Wes has been doing it for about 18 months now Smiley
I reckon through Fraser's coaching, he just managed to stretch that extra millimeter that made all the difference. It can't be proven either way of course but I think we all know who should get the credit for that Yes
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 23:00:15 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 23:31:01 »

Anyway back on topic, fantastic day all round today. Nice pint and bite to eat in the Greyhound beforehand which is a real hidden gem, then 20 minute walk along the canal to the ground.

That was ace Yes
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #362 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 23:51:36 »

First the negatives. What a souless fucking shitbowl to watch your football at. Like the club itself their mascot had seen better days. Also, the pitch was shite.
Thats the third game on the tro we have played a truly woeful side. Unlike PNE or Bury thuogh, we won and did it after being behind. Psychologically that won;t do any harm.
The line up was interesting but I could see the logic as we had been truly shit in midfield on the last 2. Miller had a cracking 2nd half and macca wasn't far off MOM. I'm not a fan of Roberts but thought he did OK today. Awful fuck up by Nate Dog but he had a good game and we look a lot better team wth him at RB. Collins tried hard but Williams bottled out of so much. He looks like a player than needs a rest. He's got it all there to be great player but its just not working. Adam Rooney, who i thought was a useless cunt,really made a difference as did his namesake.
The save from Wes was superb. He had to palm that ball a long way and did so. The guy is pure quality.
A well desreved victoy and great support from Town. the stewards were like rabbits caught in the headlights and Town were still piling in 15 minutes after the start.
As for trouble, we parked about 25 mniutes from the ground and on the way there and on the way back both groups of suuporters walked side by side quite happy. I thuoght it was quite a fiendly trip
MOM for me was Flint.

cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 01:02:06 »

I'd only done the occasional away day before last season but that has to be about as good as it can get.
I also went to the Greyhound; nice pub with good beer and decent food.  A pleasant 20 mins walk along the canal towpath in the sun and then the superb atmosphere inside the ground.
This would have made it a great day regardless of the result but the way we played, the constant singing and support from the Town fans and then the finale made it a brilliant day.
I don't think I could have written a script for a much better match day than this.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 02:25:08 »

I hope most of you cunts are either still up drinking or have just got in.
What a day!
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 03:32:26 »

I hope most of you cunts are either still up drinking or have just got in.
What a day!

I didn't listen to the game, had a few phone calls from my dad who went and it sounded amazing, credit to all that went.

I played football as we played, so came off thinking it was still 1-1 and found out we'd won! happy days!

i've jus got in, life is good!

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 03:34:58 »

It's still early Suggs, hope you've got a bottle or two in the fridge.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 04:01:26 »

I have exactly two tinnies left in the house, however I think I may save them for tomorrow...

Freddies Ferret

« Reply #368 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 08:15:12 »

Anyone else wake up this morning thinking this might just be our season! Smiley
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 08:31:30 »

who needs pasta when we have a big mac

I come from a land down-under
china red

« Reply #370 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 08:35:34 »

Think its the best chance we've had in years but our run in will be tough
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 08:46:06 »

Think its the best chance we've had in years but our run in will be tough

I had to check this season against 2009/10 under Wilson.

Two league tables:

From today
  - after 35 games

From 13/03/2010
  - after 35 games in 2009/10

I think you're right.  We're definitely better placed at this stage than we were then.  Norwich were well away by that point 3 years ago...but no one is pulling away this year.  Yet.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #372 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 08:48:48 »

Yep, purely because I'm on a year abroad next year so sod's law will dictate that I miss our first season back in the championship for 13 years. I was 6 last time we were in the championship...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 08:54:01 »

Went to bed thinking it, woke up thinking it, will probably think of little else all week Cool

If we go on a similar run to what we went on prior to Bury, that will leave us undefeated through to the end of the season. In spite of having some particularly tough games on the run in, I believe this team is capable of that. If we can achieve that, it should be enough to get us up.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #374 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 09:03:03 »

I want us to lose in the playoffs, and get promoted next season instead.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: