Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry City FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 51476 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:11:29 »

countless brawls never make the news.
no doubt but in Tesco?

frankly I'd hope that would be newsworthy because that's the kind of news I'd enjoy

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:14:07 »

no doubt but in Tesco?
frankly I'd hope that would be newsworthy because that's the kind of news I'd enjoy
fair point. Rumour doing the rounds just wondered if anyone got caught up in it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:14:28 »

I went to Greggs before the match (which is in tesco) hoping for some pre match grub, and none of the sandwiches had any filling. I can only assume thats what the fracas was about.

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:15:49 »

fair point. Rumour doing the rounds just wondered if anyone got caught up in it.
I really hope it is true because I know that Tesco and as such it makes for a brilliant mental image.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:24:03 »

We took pizza hut after the game. The stuffed crust put up a bit of resistance mind.

Parked near tesco and didn't see any trouble. Probably all over by the time we left.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:24:46 »

Don't intend to spoil this thread but fook me, you changed your tune a tad swift. Which is good to hear.

I've warmed to him over the last few days as well, mainly due to the handling of the KMac appointment and the appointment itself, but also ST prices. It's been mentioned that the old lot would have done the projections etc, which is probably right, but Jed and Co could easily have stuck 5% on top if they'd have wanted to. Hopefully the fact they didn't is a sign of their intentions.

Anyway back on topic, fantastic day all round today. Nice pint and bite to eat in the Greyhound beforehand which is a real hidden gem, then 20 minute walk along the canal to the ground.

Not sure whether its already been mentioned but the organisation was dire. Got there at 2:45 and didn't get through the turnstiles until 3:05 with a queue still behind us. 5 turnstiles for 3000 people??!! Took them a long time to open up another section as well and it was all a bit chaotic for a while, reminded me of Millwall in 2010. Not sure why the numbers were so unexpected when we'd sold nearly 2500 in advance, but hey ho.

Not much to say that's not already been said on the game itself. Should have been at least 2-1 up at half time, Williams I think was unlucky more than anything especially with the first chance, but really needs to start putting some of those sorts of chances away. Wes' save was a turning point, had a feeling we were going to get something from it after that. Macca MOM for me, won everything and made a general nuisance of himself in the middle of the park. He seems much more comfortable there than he has at the back recently. Agree that McEvely's form is a concern. Can't really remember the last time he had a good game, Notts away maybe.

Fans were a credit to the club today. Phenomenal atmosphere in the second half, will remember this one for a long time.

Oh and Clarke's still a lazy fat cunt.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:29:32 by manc_red » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:27:10 »

Don't intend to spoil this thread but fook me, you changed your tune a tad swift. Which is good to hear.

What do you mean.
Today was getting back to football without PDC. All I can say is Jed is not your typical football Chairman more like a mate down the pub. Passion for football though is up with lots of Town fans I know.
I needed that today after the shite of the past weeks. I just hope we are backed and don't end up having to sell players etc.
He is watching Banbury Tuesday night if you wanted to know.
Flashheart

« Reply #337 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:27:14 »

I imagine much of the bovver was more a case of people noticing larger crowds of people than normal.

Of course though I wasn't there and may be speaking out of my arse.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:29:57 »

So today you spoke to the Chairman, the Manager, the players and gave an interview to local radio.  Blimey!  You really do pack it all in, I'll give you that.

Yes a great day. My poor Mrs and kids were there today as well and there I was jumping up and down like I was on the terracing, but I was a guest in their box.......I can't help it. I was upsetting the locals though....Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:31:04 »

Fifty man brawl at tescos after apparantly

Someone found a horse hair in their pie.

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:33:09 »

Someone found a horse hair in their pie.
justified then.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:33:20 »

Great day, after being on top for so long I thought we won't even going to get a draw, let alone a win. Fans were great today. Wards header was so hard not even the keepers hand couldn't keep it from going in. The players reaction at the end was brilliant as well.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:56:34 by Swindon Please Win » Logged
fatbasher

« Reply #342 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:36:15 »

Yes a great day. My poor Mrs and kids were there today as well and there I was jumping up and down like I was on the terracing, but I was a guest in their box.......I can't help it. I was upsetting the locals though....Smiley

Me and my mate did the same at Brentford when Wilson was in charge, well i did and was admonished by their chairman. Mind you Greg Dyke and John Stapleton who were sat in front of us we're ok about our enthusiasm. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:59:36 by fatbasher » Logged
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:41:05 »

Dropped the missus in Birmingham for her usual shopping trip, then a 25 minute trip to the ground. Went in the Longford Engine but couldn't be arsed to wait to be served so walked to the ground. Lovely stadium and excellent facilites (another bog wouldn't go amiss though). Amazing support by us. I so pleased to hear we took 3000. The rest of the ground resembled a reserve game attendance though - their ground really is too big for them.

To the game - I felt sorry for Thompson but it was a real howler. Thankfully he didn't put a foot wrong for the rest of the game. Awful miss from Williams but worked hard(ish). Our packed midfield were superb, but we seemed to be playing with one winger, with no one out on the right. There were a number of occasions when we couldn't pass it out from the back because of the lack of width. The game finally turned our way when we replaced the out of position Ferry for Rooney L. and the tiring Collins with Rooney A. It's a shame Roberts didn't come off earlier as De Vita did more in 5 minutes than Roberts did all game. I couldn't see the first goal but it looked very scrappy on the big screen replay. Brilliant header by Ward for the second.

So we've finally put to bed the 'can't win when we fall behind' hoodoo. We can bury it with Di Canio.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 21:46:15 »

I imagine much of the bovver was more a case of people noticing larger crowds of people than normal.

Of course though I wasn't there and may be speaking out of my arse.

There was a large kerfuffle outside the ground but the police intervened pretty quickly and were hitting people with batons and stuff.

We were waiting for a bus to go to the town centre and a group of Coventry cunts were having a pop at a few Town fans in the bus queue, but nothing happened there.

Great result, thoroughly deserved. We played some really nice stuff, knocking around really well, little triangles of passing even though the pitch was awful.
They were one of the worst sides i've seen this season. Their defending, especially first half was laughable and Williams missed two one-on-ones.
How we didn't go into half time atleast 3 in front I don't know.
Having said that, if it hadn't been for a great save from Foderingham with about 20 mins to go from a Clarke header it could've been game over.

On the whole, convincing performance, deserved victory and to score two goals in the last five minutes is a great way to win a game of football Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: