Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The unofficial official Super Swindon Town v Preston North End Wembley Thread  (Read 49945 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 04:41:03 »

Parking at Wealdstone was a good move. Got a kick around in with the boys. Saw Sonic, Samdy, Fred and Si Pie. The boys had a good sing song to the tube station, and of course:

Fuck me Fred has aged!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 06:15:47 »

I think you are right Quagmire. It did look like a side of players already knowing they were off to another club.

I don't buy this Preston are a long ball side or dirty etc. Just look at the fouls our side have committed recently. Preston were just better. Better shape, discipline, and the best player on the park in beckford who was different class. They allowed us possession as they kept their shape and refused to be broken down. Good side,well drilled.
They did play long ball and they were dirty. No sour grapes, just a fact.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:01:47 »

Arribas is right. Some serious sour grapes on here about Prestons style. 2 of their goals were fucking lovely and we never once had a sniff.

Not sure how being neat, clinical, solid and committed is a bad thing. We certainly offered none of those qualities.

Near, clinical, solid and committed trumps fanny flicking football all day long.

Years ago - we (or any team) would dust off, regroup, sign a few more players and go again. Now a days, we'll have how many of today's first XI here next season 2 or 3? If that...

We've had a good season, come fourth, been within 90 minutes of the Championship and we have to rebuild practically from scratch again.....ridiculous really
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:17:04 »

Near, clinical, solid and committed trumps fanny flicking football all day long.

Years ago - we (or any team) would dust off, regroup, sign a few more players and go again. Now a days, we'll have how many of today's first XI here next season 2 or 3? If that...

We've had a good season, come fourth, been within 90 minutes of the Championship and we have to rebuild practically from scratch again.....ridiculous really
Yep. And it's too much to expect them to completely rebuild the side every single year and mount a promotion push or even finish in the top half of the table. It's happened the last couple of seasons but it can't happen every time.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:23:26 »

Yep. And it's too much to expect them to completely rebuild the side every single year and mount a promotion push or even finish in the top half of the table. It's happened the last couple of seasons but it can't happen every time.

Sam's mentioned a few times that they expect a promotion-push every 3 years - this one has come a bit early.
REDBUCK

« Reply #200 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:39:44 »

Trouble with a promotion push every three years is that loan players aren't allowed to stay in Div 1 for that long as they'll be moved onto the championship if they are any good.   We've had loads of examples over the last two years and there will be at least four moving on this year.

It means rebuilding the team every two years unless we can afford to buy or produce more of our own.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:40:10 »

You're right, it won't happen every season....and the season it does happen (like this one) it's a bit shit or bust because deep down we all know we will change our side every year.
This was this sides only chance to get promoted.

Too many short term contract (all usually 1 or 2 years, so always nearly expiring and giving the player/agent all the power) and the loan system. I completely understand why it is the way it is but I do miss 4 year contracts where you knew you had the core of your side for a few seasons and you had a foundation to build on.

I know it was forever and a day ago now but we had players that went first division to the Premier League back to the first division, down to the second and back to the first with us.

I can't imagine Wigan will have any of their old Premier League squad next season in L1.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:41:47 »

It was a good day until 17:32.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 08:22:17 »

I got very drunk yesterday, the only highlight of the day. I did get home and fall asleep Into a plate of Indian takeaway I have no memory of buying though.

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 08:32:16 »

Parking at Wealdstone was a good move. Got a kick around in with the boys. Saw Sonic, Samdy, Fred and Si Pie. The boys had a good sing song to the tube station, and of course:

Think I may have had a very brief chat with you on the tube, I was with my nephew, you were stood up with your lads sat down.

Nice to see some 'old' faces at Wealdstone, as per usual just a shame about the football.

Oh and the fact we were in row 16 of block 221 and had to put up with Preston fans directly behind us, as club wembley don't care about what fans are in front of them. One day it will kick off up there big time. Most of their fans were okay but a couple were proper dickheads.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:06:23 »

obika thompson n smith gladwin randall and hylton.cant see anyone else being here (maybe rodgers)

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:09:13 »

Think I may have had a very brief chat with you on the tube, I was with my nephew, you were stood up with your lads sat down.

Nice to see some 'old' faces at Wealdstone, as per usual just a shame about the football.

Oh and the fact we were in row 16 of block 221 and had to put up with Preston fans directly behind us, as club wembley don't care about what fans are in front of them. One day it will kick off up there big time. Most of their fans were okay but a couple were proper dickheads.

We were row 14.  Not impressed by it at all and Wembley's refusal to do anything.  It was lucky that it was mainly families in the Swindon seats otherwise it could have got really nasty.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #207 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:10:10 »

obika thompson n smith gladwin randall and hylton.cant see anyone else being here (maybe rodgers)
Gladwin may not be here but the rest you are right with.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:10:22 »

I think it's 50/50 with Byrne, Kassim and Gladwin. If any of them went I wouldn't be surprised but equally, one or two of the three could stay. I think Kassim is the most likley to go.

Maybe we sign Gruffalo?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:14:38 »

I noticed Luongo looked pretty disinterested after the game, wandering around looking at the floor when the other players were clapping the fans. In stark contrast, Nath was clearly struggling to get around on crutches and seeing him and Louis after the game was quite moving really.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: