Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barry Hunter to assist Williams  (Read 6382 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:25:45 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Id prefer Barry from Eastenders.

Barry from Eastenders is now Barry form Extras.....lets just get Darren Lamb in to run the club....thinking about it Gervais is a Reading fan

Darren Lamb's Army Barmy! As he'd probably say.

Barry Hunter was quite the bruiser if I remember... I believe he played (and possibly scored) in our 4-3 loss at Wrexham back in 95/96 season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:28:32 »

Ooh.. that would be so sweet to get the TE singing on Sat.

I can see the look on Hunter's face as Fallon bundled him into the net, when he played for R and D, he got quite cross, and received a load of stick from the TE
STFC Village

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:34:12 »

Was released by Rubbish & Dustbins in May, where i imagine he was interim manager.... anyone know how he got on (not too great by the look of things)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:36:01 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Well he is cheap!!

Oh really Bart? Well how much EXACTLY is he being paid? You so seem to be very well informed about these things!

(Waits for answer, expecting none)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:38:47 »

His record at R&D is pretty poor, but they were a club on a spectacular decline (having been funded way above their station for a few years), so it might be hard to judge.

He's Adi's mate, so I guess he just wants someone in who he knows for a bit to help him, do the arm waving in the dugout, keep showing the 4th official his watch and stuff like that.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:39:33 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Was released by Rubbish & Dustbins in May, where i imagine he was interim manager.... anyone know how he got on (not too great by the look of things)

Well with the help of Mikolanda (at one stage) they got comprehensively relegated.

His record as a manager is irrelevant as he's not our manager... He might be a very good coach.

Rushden 10/03/2004 - 22/04/2004 - 8 games 1 win 6 losses 1 draw
Rushden 18/01/2005 - ??/05/2006 - 87 games 21 wins 43 losses & 23 draws
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:42:10 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
His record at R&D is pretty poor, but they were a club on a spectacular decline (having been funded way above their station for a few years), so it might be hard to judge.

He's Adi's mate, so I guess he just wants someone in who he knows for a bit to help him, do the arm waving in the dugout, keep showing the 4th official his watch and stuff like that.

Would that decline be as spectacular as ours?

Gurney could have done dugout leaning and handbags....and he'd have been free.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:45:37 »

Gurns is injured, I'm note sure his rehabilitation is up to cone gathering just yet. That after all is the most important job of any #2.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:47:04 »

But someone might tickle his knee, causing him to bang his head on the plastic bucket seat.

Lets not forget the dugout can never have enough people shouting and screaming, or nodding in agreement with everything the Manager says.
STFC Village

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:50:29 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
His record as a manager is irrelevant as he's not our manager... He might be a very good coach.
He'll still be making plenty of decisions i imagine, being as Adi's a rookie boss
fatbury

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:51:50 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"
Quote from: "Ralphy"
Our club makes me cry.

Look at what we had, Wise, Poyet, Ince, Bill Power and Devlin.

Now we have Ady Williams, Barry Scott, a 3 foot chimp and Sandy Gray.

That's not nice, he has a name, his name is Fatbury  Cheesy

In that case we had a 3 foot chimp along with Wise, Poyet, Ince, Bill Power and Devlin - I was here before!  Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:53:10 »

But someone might tickle his knee, causing him to bang his head on the plastic bucket seat.

Lets not forget the dugout can never have enough people shouting and screaming, or nodding in agreement with everything the Manager says.

Gurns could have come armed with a crutch then....always a useful implement for technical area contretemps......did King have one when he had gout?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:53:31 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Quote from: "RichPullen"
He'll still be making plenty of decisions i imagine, being as Adi's a rookie boss

Yes true - But there is a big difference between a coach who provides input and the manager who picks the final XI.

John Gorman was a good example of that.

He'll see.... This partnership could last one game or it could last 100.

Lincoln's gonna be interesting.
Newburyroyal

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:56:20 »

You'll be playing in blue and white hoops next!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2006, 14:57:23 »

I woke up Monday morning with a side coached by Gustavo Poyet....2 days later its coached by Barry fucking Hunter.

I now release myself from any duty to take anything about STFC with even the slightest smidgeon of seriousness again.

Can L and P organise a red nose day for Saturday....clown face paint, that sort of thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: