Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bournemouth Away  (Read 35236 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:25:24 »

Fucking hell and I thought Torquay was the only place down here for newly weds and nearly deads.
Can't make B'muff, too late to get a ticket and after Dostoyevskys glowing reports I'm even more gutted I'm not going.  

Like Spike Milligan called it, "God's waiting room", full of blurry headed individuals, who you have to book a vacation for trying to sustain your energy before they finish their sentence. Never known a place so full of dullards, all the energy sapped right out of them.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:27:01 by Dostoyevsky » Logged
Talk Talk

« Reply #106 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:35:02 »

It's a bit short notice but I have two seats going spare on my minibus down to Muff tomorrow. Good company, good music and bring your own booze.

10:00 am at the CG, fifteen smackers all in.

You will obviously already need to have a match ticket.

PM me if interested, first come first served. Hey - if you decide you don't want to drive and have a few beers instead...
« Last Edit: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:03:30 by Talk Talk » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:01:59 »

Like Spike Milligan called it, "God's waiting room", full of blurry headed individuals, who you have to book a vacation for trying to sustain your energy before they finish their sentence. Never known a place so full of dullards, all the energy sapped right out of them.
have you been up all night drinking?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:04:42 »

He seems to have got Bournemouth confused with Eastbourne.

Bournemouth is a cracking night out
stfcinbmth

« Reply #109 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:05:15 »

Wow, really glad I don't go into Bournemouth that often now
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:05:44 »

Sonic Youth, you want to bring a war? I am Frankie Dettori, you are John Mccririck, your acerbic vitriol for my apathetic savvy? Bring it on Cool
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:06:52 »

have you been up all night drinking?

Either that or he's an early starter.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:08:25 »

Sonic Youth, you want to bring a war? I am Frankie Dettori, you are John Mccririck, your acerbic vitriol for my apathetic savvy? Bring it on Cool

Drug cheat.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:10:51 »

i only asked a question.

[url width=304 height=171]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/65187000/jpg/_65187910_mccririck1_bodygetty.jpg[/url]
ChinaWhitenRed

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:12:53 »

Thanks Reg for confirming. It was a very hot August day for sure and Swindon had a very large following. I think the OB had to draft in re-inforcements due to the number of day-trippers that day Smiley

I remember the pitch invasion but it was caused by some 50 or so Town fans already in the home end. Then the "others" on the open terrace ran the pitch to join them. Maybe they were sun burnt and wanted to get under the roof Smiley
So many Town fans were worse for wear that day for sure.
I remember that day well! A few of us were in the BM end and the rest of the Swindon lot came over the pitch and joined us before kick-off. The funniest thing of the day was a friend who was too pissed to do anything so he slept it off in the back of the Mark 1 Cortina in the carpark outside the ground. He awoke just before the end of the match and was set on by a load of BM fans in the carpark. We found him running around ranting about what a shit day it had been and then noticed the perfect Doc Martin impression on the front of his white T-shirt ! Oh Happy Days!!

Change must come through the barrel of a gun
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:14:54 »

I respect every Swindon fan, it's been in my blood since nine years old, have you any recognition of what it's like to be in a Midland town declaring yourself a Town fan? These are good times, not times to be falling out. I went behind the scenes of the Glenn Hoddle era. Mess with me at your peril
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:17:55 »

He seems to have got Bournemouth confused with Eastbourne.

Bournemouth is a cracking night out

It is, spent many a night driving down from Witney on a Saturday night after work, pub, club and then sleep on the beach - ah happy days!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:18:27 »

I went behind the scenes of the Glenn Hoddle era. Mess with me at your peril

I am sorry I really don't understand?
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:27:32 »

I know every place along that seafront, they do a nice line in toilet paper down Canford Cliifs
Flashheart

« Reply #119 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 13:32:00 »

Does this collection of words have a meaning?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: