Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Douglas to stay?  (Read 40820 times)

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 09:36:04 »

Having a deep holding midfielder like the top players mentioned above does depend on how the team is set up.Look how those sides set up.

You dont need one in a 4,4,2. Infact you can't afford one in that formation.
If we go 1 up front,4,3,3, 4,5,1 diamond-whatever, then fine it fits in there.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 09:39:04 »

If we go 1 up front,4,3,3, 4,5,1 diamond-whatever, then fine it fits in there.

4,3,3,4,5,1 - I don't think we have a big enough squad to play that formation

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 09:47:03 »

could have done with that line up last season.

in all seriousness,douglas didn't play as deep during the play off season as last year.
dunno how di canio will set us up. the 4,3,3- 4,5,1 is very popular at the moment.
i'd prefer us to go 4,4,2 and just win the individual battles in games.thta should be good enough(if our personel are better,which i think they will be)
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 09:50:30 by arriba » Logged
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 09:48:59 »

But in a 442 the 2 central mids can play different roles. Douglas and Ferry are both good at breaking up play, but Dougie is more likely to look for a pass and Ferry is more likely to go on a run. They are almost a perfect match in many ways.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 09:50:45 »

But in a 442 the 2 central mids can play different roles. Douglas and Ferry are both good at breaking up play, but Dougie is more likely to look for a pass and Ferry is more likely to go on a run. They are almost a perfect match in many ways.

Lets face it - without that big fucking gypsy anyhting looks good. Ferry and Dougie sounds a good match
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 11:04:08 »

Lets face it - without that big fucking gypsy anyhting looks good. Ferry and Dougie sounds a good match
Sounds a good match? We know for a fact it's a good match.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 11:24:15 »

With Di Canio having done his badges in Italy he might lean towards 4-1-3-2 which is pretty dominant in Italy at the moment - bar Udinese. So he might well go narrow and not really use the wings.
Panda Paws

« Reply #67 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 11:25:15 »

I think Di Canio will go with a 4231 possibly. with Ferry/Dougie/Smith as the 2 and Ritchie/Caddis/Bodin plus new faces battling for the 3, although it all depends on the striking options bought in as it wouldn't suit Benyon at all (although I'm starting to think nothing suits Benyon).

On a unrelated point, would like to see us bring in Zebroski from Torquay if we're going with wingers in a 451 or 4231. Swindon lad, and him one side and Ritchie t'other would be mint.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 11:39:56 »

"its in its actually in"

True Gritt, I liked it.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 11:47:27 »

On a unrelated point, would like to see us bring in Zebroski from Torquay if we're going with wingers in a 451 or 4231. Swindon lad, and him one side and Ritchie t'other would be mint.

Swindon lad....he used to play for Poxford but he's alright now? 

tbf he did miss a penalty for them in the Play Off semi final shoot out in their first season back where they belonged, so he has contributed to in his way.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 11:52:13 »

A lot of Italians do favour the narrow formations, it worked well for Norwich with a diamond midfield and Wilson tried it but didnt have the right players. I guess next week we'll see a few faces come in and based on their positions we'll know what sort of way he is going to go.

I remember Ferry had a great game as the holding player away at charlton last year, maybe him and dougie in front of the back four with attacking full backs is the way to go, then have three more creative midfielders further forward behind the one forward
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 11:55:57 »

I don't like to see Ferry too deep, as his runs with the ball towards the opposition box cause a lot of problems. He uses the ball very intelligently higher up the pitch, just can't shoot.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Coca Fola

« Reply #72 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 11:57:24 »

Fantastic news! (If he signs it)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 13:12:16 »

Its scary how good Dougie could be in the league if this is true.

The fact that he is settled in the area and is clearly happy to sacrifice more money in a higher standard league shows a great deal of commitment to our cause.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 22:21:45 »

Its scary how good Dougie could be in the league if this is true.

The fact that he is settled in the area and is clearly happy to sacrifice more money in a higher standard league shows a great deal of commitment to our cause.

More like a lack of ambition by the player
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: