Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Douglas to stay?  (Read 40641 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 12:36:31 »

Set faces to stunned!

I'm not believing it until he signs Smiley
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 12:40:44 »

Set faces to stunned!

I'm not believing it until he signs Smiley

Ditto - let's hope it is next week
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 12:41:32 »

Adver speculating that it is a 2 year deal. It would be good to have someone like Douglas get a few hundred appearances under their belt for Swindon - become a proper legend, see his career out here and maybe move into coaching.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 13:13:40 »

this is excellent news. Dougie is the only player i would be gutted about losing of those that are out of contract.

as others have stated, Ferry, Dougie, Caddis and ritchie in midfiled next season. League 2 wont know whats hit them

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 13:26:48 »

Adver speculating that it is a 2 year deal. It would be good to have someone like Douglas get a few hundred appearances under their belt for Swindon - become a proper legend, see his career out here and maybe move into coaching.

Absolutely.  Was just thinking the same myself.  (Let's hope Dougie is thinking along the same lines himself.)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 13:43:17 »

Great news and fair play to him,got a lot of stick as captain last year and could easily have fucked off in a tantrum.
As good a midfielder as anyone out of the Championship in my opinion,lets hope he stays and helps take us up.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 13:46:50 »

Hope he does sign on next year, is a massive player for us and i struggle to see many better midfielders than him in the division. Got to play to his strengths and keep him as the holding player though and not try and get the goals from him like at the end of last season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 14:12:03 »

He aint signed yet
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 15:18:48 »

2 year deal then, finally we see some loyalty from someone.  Beers
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 15:44:47 »

Fantastic news, he will be ace in league 2.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 15:54:03 »

He needs to start chiping in with some goals. His lacking in that department was a major pain in the arse last season.
If we are going to have a go at getting out of the league we need goals from all over the park.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #26 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 16:04:44 »

2 year deal then, finally we see some loyalty from someone.  Beers

I like this
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 16:42:26 »

He's not signed yet. Need to take the armband off him too if he does. Cracking player to have in this division though

Things get better but they never get good
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #28 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 16:45:34 »

He needs to start chiping in with some goals. His lacking in that department was a major pain in the arse last season.
If we are going to have a go at getting out of the league we need goals from all over the park.
See this is where i disagree with you for once mate.He has never been much of a goalscorer and i think last season when he had a shit defence behind him he had to drop alot deeper to protect them but he was also being asked to score goals which took away alot of what we know he is best at.The season before it wasn't an issue and we saw the best out of him.I honestly think if we just ask him to play the role we know he is best at that we will see the old douglas back.

LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 16:50:55 »

See this is where i disagree with you for once mate.He has never been much of a goalscorer and i think last season when he had a shit defence behind him he had to drop alot deeper to protect them but he was also being asked to score goals which took away alot of what we know he is best at.The season before it wasn't an issue and we saw the best out of him.I honestly think if we just ask him to play the role we know he is best at that we will see the old douglas back.

this over and over and over again. spot on
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: