Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Douglas to stay?  (Read 40808 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 17:05:22 »

He's not signed yet. Need to take the armband off him too if he does. Cracking player to have in this division though

Next season all the players are getting an armband

[url width=761 height=483]http://onesixthscaleking.com/shop/images/Italian%20Fascist%20Arm%20Band.jpg[/url]
stfcinbmth

« Reply #31 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 17:14:13 »

Something to do with Real Ale Reg?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 17:15:12 »

He needs to start chiping in with some goals. His lacking in that department was a major pain in the arse last season.
If we are going to have a go at getting out of the league we need goals from all over the park.

Its a good point and if he played in front of a holding player in midfield i reckon he would score more regular,fact is most of last season he was playing miles to deep and almost like a defender most of the time,does a lot of donkey work like blocking and generally just trying to disrupt the opposition.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 17:18:23 »

Something to do with Real Ale Reg?

Yep Old Fasces....the Roman birch bundle and axe symbol of authority.
Barry Scott

« Reply #34 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 17:34:56 »

Its a good point and if he played in front of a holding player in midfield i reckon he would score more regular,fact is most of last season he was playing miles to deep and almost like a defender most of the time,does a lot of donkey work like blocking and generally just trying to disrupt the opposition.

Why would we want to play a defensive/holding midfielder in front of a defensive/holding midfielder so he can chip in with some goals?

Dougie is the best only defensive/holding midfielder we've had at the club for over a decade, so why would we try to find another seemingly rare player, so he can play out of position? Personally, I couldn't care less if Dougie didn't score again. He's there to sit in front of defence, break up play and be a disruption. That's something he does, with the exception of portions of last season, with aplomb.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 17:45:26 »

Why would we want to play a defensive/holding midfielder in front of a defensive/holding midfielder so he can chip in with some goals?

Dougie is the best only defensive/holding midfielder we've had at the club for over a decade, so why would we try to find another seemingly rare player, so he can play out of position? Personally, I couldn't care less if Dougie didn't score again. He's there to sit in front of defence, break up play and be a disruption. That's something he does, with the exception of portions of last season, with aplomb.

Wasn't saying we SHOULD play him there,just making the point that if he played in a more forward role he would score more.........he hardly got over the halfway line last season,that said he was my player of the season by miles.
Would like him do that role with our defence pushed forward..........not camped in our own box,we need him doing the donkey work on the halfway line not on the edge of our18 yard line all match.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 17:46:46 »

Would be almost like a new signing if we can keep JD here. He's very good at this level. If PDC can get the team playing with passion and belief again then he's going to be a big asset.
Barry Scott

« Reply #37 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 17:59:09 »

Wasn't saying we SHOULD play him there,just making the point that if he played in a more forward role he would score more.........he hardly got over the halfway line last season,that said he was my player of the season by miles.
Would like him do that role with our defence pushed forward..........not camped in our own box,we need him doing the donkey work on the halfway line not on the edge of our18 yard line all match.

I know what you mean and don't think I was getting at you, I was merely saying I don't want him getting forward and trying to score. I want him somewhere in the first third to disrupt anything coming at us.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 18:04:53 »

I'm thinking if he his with ferry in middle then we can afford him to be play maker and let si go on his mazy runs. Agree about being like a new signing with the re-building of the squad. Really looking forward to this season now the fixtures are out.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 18:11:39 »

I know what you mean and don't think I was getting at you, I was merely saying I don't want him getting forward and trying to score. I want him somewhere in the first third to disrupt anything coming at us.

Well Barry that is where i slightly disagree,personally would love to get two centre halfs to do that in our third,fact is last year he was busy breaking up the play of attackers most of the time along with the defence,i want to see him camped in midfield breaking up the oppositions midfield.
Know you wasn't having a go :)just feel in his first season with us he was more influential upfield a tad more.
All being said what great news if he stays Yes
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #40 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 18:14:39 »

Another thing we need is the normal 4-4-2 we did play and no silly shit like last year. He is better when he had wide men to switch it to.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #41 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 18:19:01 »

What formation does Harry Redknapp prefer?

Just asking because Di Canio is likely to be heavily influenced by him.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #42 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 18:50:00 »

To be fair i think he plays a few different formations but on the whole he has always liked his wingers.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #43 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 18:50:59 »

I like wingers
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 19:01:27 »

To be fair i think he plays a few different formations but on the whole he has always liked his wingers.

I suspect that di Canio's formation might favour right wingers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: