Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the good old days  (Read 7167 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 09:44:57 »

I will gladly convert anything you have to DVD for you if I can take a copy for myself - have swapped footage a few times and I've now got a collection of well over 200 STFC DVD's.  Contents are all listed here:  http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/TVFootageDisc.asp

Most of the stuff from the late eighties and early nineties is pretty well covered - particularly interested in anything that anyone has got from prior to that or mid-1990's through to 2007.... and especially the Oxford and Peterborough games from 2001!!
I will sort out what I have got and let you know mate, that would be good but I cannot guarentee all the tapes are still playable, will try and search them out of the loft in the next week or so.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 09:56:21 »

Could be right Wilf, I thought they were booing when Armstrong came on as a sub, if that was the case he went from zero to hero that night.
animalwilliams

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 11:00:30 »

In off the bar, bloody rocket of a shot. There was a strange atmosphere that evening - just a few days after Hillsborough, Brum in decline, the whole area reeked of menace. I went down to the front of the terrace when I saw the fencing was locked. I said to the steward in view of what happened at Sheffield, didn't he think it a good idea to unlock the gate? Two word answer, the 2nd was 'off'.

My memory of that is Armstrong was on from the start but was getting abuse from the crowd right through the game - the Spurs fans wanted him replaced at half-time. They were (are?) a terrible crowd if they didn't like a player. Lou took off Ian Miller, I think, for a more defensive Bryan Hamilton. Cue 2 goals from the now-superhero Armstrong.

If people want to know why we hate the Pikeys so much (apart from the CG ruckus), it was Hamilton who was elbowed by Brian Yeo on the half way line at Pikey Central. We had a corner at the time, so all the footy action was 50 yards away, but it was right in front of me and the linesman who chose to ignore the assault.
Bobby Smith was the Town Manager for this game.
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 11:28:55 »

Of course, I wasn't even close.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 12:55:57 »

I will sort out what I have got and let you know mate, that would be good but I cannot guarentee all the tapes are still playable, will try and search them out of the loft in the next week or so.
That's great - thanks very much
kaufman

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 13:33:31 »

Anyone else remember little Bambs (Roy Wegerle) playing for us.

Look up towards of this page, there's a video
kaufman

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 00:18:39 »

Amended the original post and thanks to the wonderful http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/
I've been able to put a few videos in there relating to the posts
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 15, 2012, 00:28:29 by kaufman » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: