Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: your second-favourite sport?  (Read 7310 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 15:06:18 »

Seen the Leafs couple of years back, was a brilliant experience, great venue and the atmosphere was good, definitely worth doing.

Jealous Sad

I'm hoping to go to Canada soon and hope to see them... The waiting list is massive! I just love the NHL really, wouldn't mind watching any of them.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 15:11:58 »

Clay shooting
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 15:54:37 »

To play my second favourite sport would be Badminton when I was young and fit.
Now probably Golf.

I hate watching tennis especially mens tennis.

Golf is a game...he said sport Dell! What the fuck?

Clems Army!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 16:16:18 »

NFL aka American Football.

A very very close second as it happens.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 17:37:26 »

MLB and NFL
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 17:54:51 »

Quite surprised/interested by the number of people in to US sports.  I don't know anyone who really follows them.

I'd always been quite surprised at how isolationist the US appeared when it came to sport - and how a nation that had been so successful at exporting other elements of its culture had, to my mind, failed when it came to sport.  Maybe I was wrong.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 17:58:48 »

American Football for me.

I'm a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, and have been to Dallas a couple of times to see them.
Looking forward to going back either this year or next, once they move into their new stadium.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 17:59:28 »

Indeed, Americans are considered isolationists by many when it comes to sport but their games are popular elsewhere but nowhere near the same as the impact of football has experienced.

NFL want to break the U.K. just the same as Manchester United and Chelsea want to sell their product abroad.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 18:41:14 »

Egg chasing (union) and speedway.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 19:03:27 »

Ice Hockey my 2nd favourite. Never have time to go see the Wildcats as much as I'd like, but I knew their best player last season so he used to sort me out a bit. Like the Maple Leafs in the NHL and hope to go and watch them one day.

Didn't know you were a Wildcats fan Leggett, might give me someone to talk to if I went because no one else I know likes it!

Oi I like Ice Hockey. Just don't go to Wildcats games. Well haven't been for ages anyway.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 19:06:55 »

I like all sports really except Horse Racing which I totally detest. My 2nd fav would probably be Cricket although I don't really follow that as much as I used to. I like Rugby Union but don't really follow the domestic stuff just England. Golf is OK but again I only really take an interest at the majors like The Open and The Ryder Cup. Darts, Snooker, Ice Hockey, F1, Tennis, i'll sit and watch them if i'm in the mood.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 19:15:05 »

Rugby Union (I think that this has a lot to do with the free flowing alcohol) and Cricket (see Union).  I'm getting into Golf playing wise, but other than the Ryder Cup can't stand watching it.
nochee

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 20:02:46 »

Yep, and the former legend that is Grant Bailey

He was in my year at Greendown. Whats he up to now?

Not knowing too much about the hockey, how did he do?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 20:39:38 »

Quite surprised/interested by the number of people in to US sports.  I don't know anyone who really follows them.

I'd always been quite surprised at how isolationist the US appeared when it came to sport - and how a nation that had been so successful at exporting other elements of its culture had, to my mind, failed when it came to sport.  Maybe I was wrong.

NHL is a Canadian Sport really.. And I only follow it because it's shite over here!

And Rich, you can come with me then! Sunday 1st Feb at 6PM.

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 20:52:59 »

i like the ice hockey and have seen the wildcats quite a few times.i went to greendown and know a few of the ex players-players.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: