Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aljofree  (Read 9145 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 22:29:43 »

Sorry Arriba, I don't agree.

He shirked his responsibility a number of times while playing alongside Ifil, when he was in a position to play a pas out of defence himself but instead played a short sideways pass to Jerel, even though he knew Jerel's confidence was shot and he can't pass that well at the best of times.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
adje

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 22:30:59 »

Well done Has, played well today and Tuesday, long may it continue Cheesy

Glad to see your interest has returned Luci

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 22:31:06 »

Also, he did clap the fans before the game. I actually (for some reason) watch him specifically.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 22:33:25 »

of course he gave 100% all along.fuck me you cannot hide on a football pitch.
a drop in form doesn't = lack of effort.

Totally disagree. When you are captain and you're not even organising your back 4 or even talking to the other players, then you're fucking hiding. When you've got a 18 year old next to you and you don't even encourage him then you're fucking hiding. When you see players going goalside of you and there are other Town players near you doing nothing and you don't tell them to mark then you're fucking hiding. if you make a complete fuck up and blame Ifill then you're fucking hiding.
Against Northmaton and today, he wasn't hiding but if I was in World War II and going out of the trenches I wouldn't want him along side me, I'd rather have Peacock , Cox, Paynter or just about any other player.
If we get out of this then Aljofree and JPM can count themselves fucking lucky.  
sharper

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 22:46:44 »

Thought he was quality today. 

Some people need to take off the blinkers.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 22:49:59 »

No one has said he wasn't sharper

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 22:53:36 »

Totally disagree. When you are captain and you're not even organising your back 4 or even talking to the other players, then you're fucking hiding. When you've got a 18 year old next to you and you don't even encourage him then you're fucking hiding. When you see players going goalside of you and there are other Town players near you doing nothing and you don't tell them to mark then you're fucking hiding. if you make a complete fuck up and blame Ifill then you're fucking hiding.
Against Northmaton and today, he wasn't hiding but if I was in World War II and going out of the trenches I wouldn't want him along side me, I'd rather have Peacock , Cox, Paynter or just about any other player.
If we get out of this then Aljofree and JPM can count themselves fucking lucky.  

if you can hear everything said between the players then i stand corrected.i sympathise with ifil but he has been dire.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 23:00:09 »

I agree he's not been very good but that is the nature of The Beast, he always bounces back. As for hearing everything between the players, come on Arriba you know I'm forming an opinion based on what I can see including body language.
Lets agree to disagree and enjoy the fact we've got 6 out of 6 points and probably had a few beers to celebrate.   

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 23:02:04 »

i'm well happy chalkies,debate is healthy.i see what you are saying and agree to a point.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 23:06:45 »

i'm well happy chalkies,debate is healthy.i see what you are saying and agree to a point.

My daughter who goes to games with me has noticed a difference in me this week - I'm nowhere near as pissy at home. Debate in indeed healthy and I'm just as much as a moron as the next man.
Arriba - enjoy your beer / wine / whisky / spliff / mushrooms / LSD or whatever and lets hope this run continues.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 10:35:17 »

I can't believe people are still writing the same old stuff about Aljofree when he's had two decent games in a row and the team has won two games in a row. Yeah, we know he's not a leader - didn't do us any harm though.

As long as we win I couldn't give a shit who our captain was. Also, Peacock and Timlin seem to be quite vocal on the pitch, but we don't know what Hasney does off it. A captain is just as much about of the field as it is on it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 10:58:39 »

There's two aspects to this, isn't there, there's Aljofree the player and Aljofree the captain. As a player, as others have said, I only care if he puts in a shift and plays well, which he palpably has done the past three games. My ego's not so fragile that I need the boost of having each individual player applauding my shouting abuse at opposition players, ill-founded criticism of match officials etc. However, as a captain there is an expectation that he should lead by example. And it's in this regard that you don't expect the captain to be getting involved in slanging matches with fans - he should be the one stopping other players doing it. And likewise when it comes to clapping the fans, like I say personally I don't give a monkeys if the players clap us or not, I get my jollies from them playing well, but if they are going to do it, it looks like a sulk when one player doesn't join in. When it's the captain, that "leading by example" thing comes in.

But it's a minor point imo - if Aljofree continues to play well for the rest of the season, he can moon the entire DRS as he leaves the pitch as far as I'm concerned. Erm, although I hope he doesn't
Spencer_White

« Reply #57 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:00:29 »

nor the twats at mk dongs.

That would be me then. I think you are out of order.

Ive said this again and again. All it was was he was kicking the ball out, gaining no ground, under no pressure, again and again.

He cant hack the fans shouting at him, because hes a sulky egotistical prick. He is a public sportsman and people will criticise his performance. He could have buried that hatchet there and then but he hasnt. Does he think he is above criticism?

I hope he puts in a transfer in january. Hes an average lump at the back. Big and strong, big deal, bring back Matty Heywood. We havnt conceeded 29 goals in a quarter of the season by accident.

Whats wrong with this team? Motivation? Team spirit? Accountability? Effort?

Lee Peacock - Swindon captain every time.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:03:44 by Spencer_White » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:03:05 »

of course he gave 100% all along.fuck me you cannot hide on a football pitch.

Rubbish. Kit lady must love Jon Paul McGovern, didnt put in one tackle yesterday, absolutely toothless. Wont slide, just gets a body in the way. Attacking he wasnt bad, but overrall he put in very little effort yesterday.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:03:31 »

He should have chinned that murdering bastard Lee Hughes

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: