Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 52197 times)
dell boy

« Reply #390 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 10:11:15 »

Not read all the posts, but those I have the majority think it was a good game, well I didn't.

I thought we were negative and scared not to lose. Even though the BBC have us with 58% possesion to 42% for Norwich that does not reflect the game. Hotlips in midfield for Norwich ran the show, there defence were slow (why didn't we expose that on the flanks) but very solid.
Our passing yesterday especially in the first 80 minutes was very disappointing. I thought Douglas had a shocker, he is allowed one bad game it is a rarity.

Was impressed with Darby had a decent enough game (he must have the thinest legs I've ever seen on a footballer).

The referee was a total prick - Marshall in a headlock and gives the freekick the other way. Pericard was pullled down at least three times, twice in the area. Ward was thrown to the ground, even I was out of my seat and using words I would not normally use at a game.

On reflection yesterday was a great point for our play-off push but we missed a chance to put real pressure on Leeds, why oh why didn't we go for them from the off, Norwich are good, but they are not that good, opportunity lost by negative tactics. All I can say is thank god for Captain Greer.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 10:14:13 »

I've never celebrated a goal like that before, it was amazing. Bodies went flying everywhere, my shins are bloodied and bruised, there was jumping, hugging and all sorts involved. The rush of euphoria was incredible.

One of my top football moments and one that I think speaks volumes about the season we're having.
As it settled down, I see sombody being frogmarched out of the town end, did he try to get on the pitch.  I notice it was that cunt who claimed to be an serving soldier in Iraq who was leading the march, along with the tall cunt who is always looking for trouble, the one that where's a 7 on his stewards coat.  He will surely get a smacking one day with his attitude.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 10:19:01 »

I reckon he's watching last week's episode!

Yes, they aren't the brightest old fellas are they? My old man drove down from wales to the rovers game. Got there at 14.50 for 3pm kick off....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 10:24:29 »

Yes, they aren't the brightest old fellas are they? My old man drove down from wales to the rovers game. Got there at 14.50 for 3pm kick off....

Was he upset with himself or delighted he missed the game given the result?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 10:33:33 »

I reckon he's watching last week's episode!

No he was watching it on BBC red button!
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 11:07:24 »

Missing first choice centre back, first choice right back, first choice centre mid and top scorer.  Half a team out and a draw with the runaway and very much richer leaders.  Great result.  Going to bed happy.

WE ARE GOING UP.........

Funnily enough I thought our defensive performance yesterday was the most solid i've seen all season. LJF was strong and pacey and Darby was keeping the line well and didn't get caught of position. If the performances continue at the back like that, I wouldn't bring immediately bring Amankwaah or Cuthbert straight back in the team.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #396 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 11:21:47 »

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2044160/ShowPost.aspx

Norwich fans even said the ref was pants as well.

I think they should rename the Merlin boozer 'The Sweaty Pore Pit'....
Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Spencer_White

« Reply #397 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 11:27:46 »

I agree with Dell, think it was quite a poor game. Two very well organised sides, both battle hardened. Cancelled each other out really.

Physically they are one of the biggest sides I have ever seen, a team of giants. I think a lot of the crowds frustration with the ref was that they were just so strong in the tackle. Even Douglas found the going tough yesterday. But it was a blatent penalty first half.

Shame we couldnt have had our full team out. Lescinel was fantastic again and Smith did OK, so we didnt miss Lukas and Cuthbert too bady. But we did miss Amankwaah, Ferry and Paynter. Both Darby and Nouble look like players who havnt had enough first team football, they are reluctant to play a first time ball. Easton did OK, but his booking was well deserved and he was a bit out muscled at times.

Weve got to sort ourselves out regarding the reaction of the crowd to the substitution of Charlie Austin. Yes the crowd love him, but Danny Wilson is the architect of everything that is going right for us. It was perhaps an overly physical game for Austin, the ref let a lot of niggly fouls go and it just wasnt his day. We desperately need Pericard to score to get the crowd off his back.

It was a decent crowd, an improvement. There wasnt much action around the goal from either team, with both teams cancelling each other out it was bound to fall a bit flat. There were a few passes from Swindon players that drew applause from all 3 stands in the ground. At times this season players like Sheehan and Greer have played 40 yard cross field balls and the crowd have barely registered it.

Norwich fans are the gayest Ive ever seen, please dont let us end up like them. Very annoying. Their cheeky chappy happy fammily persona was wearing a bit thin in the Tap. Much prefer to be playing sides like Sheffield Wednesday or Forest who do have quality supporters.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 11:30:38 by Spencer_White » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 11:28:55 »

Funnily enough I thought our defensive performance yesterday was the most solid i've seen all season. LJF was strong and pacey and Darby was keeping the line well and didn't get caught of position. If the performances continue at the back like that, I wouldn't bring immediately bring Amankwaah or Cuthbert straight back in the team.

Cuthbert will have to come back in against Leeds, as Sheehan wont be able to play.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 11:31:51 »

Norwich fans are the gayest Ive ever seen, please dont let us end up like them. Very annoying. Their cheeky chappy happy fammily persona was wearing a bit thin in the Tap. Much prefer to be playing sides like Sheffield Wednesday or Forest who do have quality supporters.

You mean you didn't like the yellow foam hands and inflatable canaries?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 11:35:23 »

Agree completely. Inflatable canaries, fancy dress and an obese kid with his shirt off is a big no no.

They don't have any songs either apart from 'On The Ball City' or whatever it's called.

Everyone hates them but Leeds do have proper fans.
Spencer_White

« Reply #401 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 11:37:22 »

You mean you didn't like the yellow foam hands and inflatable canaries?

I saw the boy in the flourescent yellow tiara and couldnt take anymore.

Sickening!

Would have liked to have seen the Town End empty onto the pitch and charge at them.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 11:40:13 »

No he was watching it on BBC red button!
I thought he was watching it on his PC?

Oh well, no worries. It sounds like we only had 10 seconds of coverage any way - the same as we had on SSN Roll Eyes
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 12:26:10 »

I didn't see which defender was covering their scorer but I reckon they should have done better...

...Darby and LJF were excellent throughout, maybe a couple of minor mistakes.

Sorry to bump this from a few pages ago, but just wanted to let you know Jonny that it was yer man LJF who lost Holt for the goal Smiley
Spencer_White

« Reply #404 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 12:27:00 »

One point about Leeds arrogance. To be honest I wished we had some more of that earlier this season.

We were signing some good players but Swindon fans seemed to be scared of ambition. Because of some rediculous debate about whether Malpas 'talked of the play offs' two years ago it seemed anyone who showed any optimism on here was shouted down because we obviously werent good enough.

Swindon fans need to puff their chests out a bit more (Leeds a bit less!).
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: