Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 52202 times)
Jean-Francois is God

« Reply #375 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 00:33:11 »

I've never celebrated a goal like that before, it was amazing. Bodies went flying everywhere, my shins are bloodied and bruised, there was jumping, hugging and all sorts involved. The rush of euphoria was incredible.

One of my top football moments and one that I think speaks volumes about the season we're having.

It was an immense, a pure euphoric moment of pure elation.  Nothing can beat that feeling and I think some bloodied and bruised shins are a small price to pay.  I was just glad to see that no spectactles were broken.

He is the team captain - GORDON GREER!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 00:39:56 »

Missing first choice centre back, first choice right back, first choice centre mid and top scorer.  Half a team out and a draw with the runaway and very much richer leaders.  Great result.  Going to bed happy.

WE ARE GOING UP.........

Never knowingly overstated.
deltaincline

« Reply #377 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 01:04:18 »

Missing first choice centre back, first choice right back, first choice centre mid and top scorer.  Half a team out and a draw with the runaway and very much richer leaders.  Great result.  Going to bed happy.

What he said;-)

Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 01:27:58 »

I don't understand how anyone can grumble with Wilson's subs? He makes them when we're 1-0 down and we come back to draw 1-1 in the last minute. So surely the subs worked?

Beats me how anyone can grumble at Wilson about anything this season or last.  He turned Malpas's basket case of a team from relegation fodder into promotion contenders in a matter of months.  Any other season and we would be talking more about automatic than playoffs.  We are competing against massive for League One clubs like Leeds, Norwich and Charlton.  Just be grateful for A.F. and D.W. and enjoy the ride.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 01:40:18 »

Exactly Crozzer. In fact when you look at it we're the best of the rest when you consider Norwich, Leeds and Charlton are really the big hitters in this league (except Saints who obviously had a points deduction etc). I can't believe that anyone can criticise today's result and performance. If we were shite and scraped a lucky draw then fair enough but we didn't. In fact it was the opposite. Some people have raised the bar too high I think.
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 02:29:16 »

Those that boo'd when Austin went off need to have a look at why they bother turning up.

It's ridiculous. I know he's the home town boy and all that, but it shouldn't make him exempt from being substituted when he's being marked out of the game (something that is bound to happen a few times at his age and with blossoming reputation, especially against such experienced defenders)

We actually played better when Pericard came on. Wilson got his subs spot on.

Those who boo'd must either only turn out for the big games, or have no grasp on the game at all.

Nevermind anyway. 10 hours on and i'm still buzzing and re-living the moment Greer sent the Town End into raptures.

I don't wanna go to sleep!
One F In Fitton

« Reply #381 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 02:29:33 »

After seeing the goals on tv 2 things struck me; 1) Pleased to see that it was Doherty who GG escaped for the equaliser. That fucker got away with about 15 forearm smash's, ie every high ball Austin had an Irish elbow in his ear;, & 2) Vinnie does absolutely nothing when Greer's header hits the back of the net, no emotion whatsoever. I know that this happens with some players, but I just hope that he doesn't think the fans hate him. The way I read into the booing was "Fuck me we're losing & Austin's our best hope of a goal" - nothing to do with Vincenzo himself. I had a good view of DW & his glare at the Arkells was a strong one, & he mouthed "DON'T BOO!"

Both centre-backs today were fucking huge, in different ways, Greer with his reading of the game, timely interceptions & cool distribution, & LJF with his pace, strength & impressive aerial ability. What a massive compliment the best team in the league paid us today, in no way whatsoever did they bust their bollocks going for a win, they were cautious & were more than prepared to play square, keep the ball & stop us from getting a head of steam up. We didn't get Ward on the ball often enough for the bulk of the game when we had no wide players hence our overall attacking threat wasn't great, but when we made changes we looked more dangerous with the wide boys, and Vinny, making a difference. Vinny gave their defence a new type of problem and he did his job well, holding them off & bringing others into play. A good learning curve for Charlie today - not a problem there. JP, Easton & Dougie put in a great shift without being overly creative. Ward is a fucking star and will have a really good career wherever it takes him.

Whether we get promoted or not, whether we get to Wembley or not, that isn't the whole story, that isn't what it's all about. It's also about the journey and the moments along the way, and we are absolutely getting that. Anyone that's been going for a few years will say just enjoy it when it's like this, because it is rarely this good.
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 02:39:16 »

Brilliant final paragraph there, sums up my thoughts.

Whatever happens this year, we're guaranteed a football club next season which hasn't always been the case. On top of that we have a manager who gets the best out of players, and has created successful sides in the past, a boardroom of experienced and successful businessmen, and the best calibre of player we've seen for ages. The club as a whole is something we should all be proud of again.

We all want immediate glory, but lets not forget just how bad things have been, and how far we've come in two years.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 06:44:10 »

Booing substitutions is booing the manager.

Anyone who can boo Wilson, considering what he's done since he arrived here, must be a total wanker.

I thought the crowd yesterday was pretty decent tbh. If you took away the leeds fans in the home stands when they visited, plus the 500 tickets Norwich didn't sell, the amount of Town fans that turned up were probably about the same for both games.

Hartlepool next Saturday is huge.

It's All Good..............
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 07:33:47 »

Grrrr, why isn't the Football League show on iplayer yet?
trogladite

« Reply #385 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 09:05:54 »

We boo if we're loseing at half time, we boo substitutions, we get on the backs of selected players, usually the home grown sort.
Generally we are not the best of supporters.  Then again for the club it's all about bums on seats.  It's a shame a portion of them are real bums.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 09:24:18 »

Grrrr, why isn't the Football League show on iplayer yet?
I know..stil isn't...cuntsville
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 09:28:38 »

I know..stil isn't...cuntsville

The annoying thing is, my old man reckons he is sat watching it on his pc at home! Why can't I see it?!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 09:40:30 »

It's not been loaded on as far as I can see Huh?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 09:42:53 »

I reckon he's watching last week's episode!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: