Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 52203 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:30:49 »

So basicly the manager cant win can he...if we had braught no subs on and lost one nil we would all be saying....why didnt he make any substitutions.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #316 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:39:33 »

i dont think the subs made any real impact at all.none of the withdrawn players should have been imo.
austin looked as sharp as i've seen him.easton had a very good game and always was always available.and nouble scared the shit out of norwich's back line.
we drew inspite of the changes, not because of them.

Easton got booked and the game was threatening to turn nasty, I think Wilson hauled him off just in case. Timlin didn't really have a huge impact but I thought he kept the ball alive well enough which is what you need when you're pressing for a goal. Not so much of an impact though.

Austin was getting frustrated and starting to lose his rag, you could tell by his body language - as Wilson said on the radio the defenders had got the better of him (I thought he did well today but we needed a different tactic in the end).

The defenders were big bastards and having the big unit up front was a good tactic to combat that. As the defenders got tied up trying to foul the shit out of Pericard, Marshall and Ward had more freedom. Something Wilson said was the plan on the radio and in my opinion it did lead to the goal as we were able to craft out chances in the final third.

We don't normally get anything out of games when we go behind, it impressed me.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:40:05 »

Pericard had more of an impact than Nouble.

Nouble wanted too many touches and too much time on the ball. Although, I do think the main change was the formation change and finally playing with wingers.

not sure what game you was watching but Pericard was awful. Ok Nouble wasn't much better and his first touch was dire but his power and chasing down was what we needed.
Pericard just seemed uninterested and i so wish he wasn't on a perminant contract. waste of money.

Couldn't believe the booing tbh but Charlie was fucked. you could see that. Shame that all we had to replace him was Pericard.

As for the result i thought it was a fair one. Norwich were a very good side but we matched them.

And Dougies strike. Excellent save from their keeper before the corner.

pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:40:23 »

Ref was very poor missed lots of fouls by Norwich Nelson-Doherty duo. Foul on Nousbie in 1st half was a certain penalty. Disappointing to hear fans booing the substitution of Austin for Pericard (yes he hasnt set the world alight, but give him some time & it wont help him score his first goal if the fans are on his back)
Good to see Easton & Lesc come in & do top jobs for Ferry / Cuthbert. Finally STFC scoring a late goal brillant after all the late goals we scored up to xmas.

ewsham Robin
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:46:32 »

Ok Nouble wasn't much better and his first touch was dire but his power and chasing down was what we needed.
I didn't think Nouble was chasing down much at all, for most of the first half he was stood on the halfway line looking fucked.

RJack

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:47:12 »

not sure what game you was watching but Pericard was awful. Ok Nouble wasn't much better and his first touch was dire but his power and chasing down was what we needed.
Pericard just seemed uninterested and i so wish he wasn't on a perminant contract. waste of money.

Completely disagree.  Pericard was bought on to do a job on there defence he held the ball up well and that left Ward & Marshall free.  As for him being a completely lazy and uninterested i didn't notice that at all although he desperately needs a goal

Harsh to say he's a waste of money when he hadsn't even been given a fair chance
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:47:38 »

So basicly the manager cant win can he...if we had braught no subs on and lost one nil we would all be saying....why didnt he make any substitutions.
Yep, i agree with this.

For what it's worth, i thought Nouble looked lively. For an 18 year old, he's bloody strong! He battled well when he had too and showed a nice turn of pace on many occassions. I still can't believe the referee missed the foul on him mid way through the first half.....It was just outside of the box, but the bloke totally wiped him out! Free kick and a yellow card.

I thought Wilson got the formation spot on in terms of matching Norwich. It would seem a few on here do not realise how good Hoolahan is when given time and space.....Sticking someone like Douglas on him in a diamond midfield, was a masterstroke.
The subs were spot on imo. Easton, despite having a good game, was rightly subbed off as he was on a yellow card, and we can't afford to lose any more players to suspension. Austin was knackered, as was Nouble.

Greer MOTM for me, with Ward and LJF a close 2nd.

All in all, a good game of football! And how nice it is to finally score a late winner of our own!!!

Lots of alcohol will be consumed tonight  Beers

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #322 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:49:33 »

Pericard did look interested, his job was to drop into the right areas, offer himself for the ball, hold it up and distribute it to the supporting players. He did that from the moment he came on.

Sure, his touch didn't always work, in fact awful at times, but he had defenders clambering all over him and he still carried on. He can't have a perfect touch every single time.

I thought Nouble did a decent job. Certainly a rough diamond but he caused problems.

Look lads, there's no need to be over-critical is there? We've just got a point against the league's runaway leaders after going a goal down. Not to mention we have a depleted squad with injuries nd a suspension. Enjoy it you sad sad fuckers.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:50:01 »

I didn't think Nouble was chasing down much at all, for most of the first half he was stood on the halfway line looking fucked.

i counted at least 4 times in the first half when wayward balls were played to the corners and he got there to win a throw or the chance when we should of had a penalty

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:50:55 »

I didn't hear anyone booing Austin or Pericard, just Wilson for taking Austin off again. Week in, week out, no matter what, Wilson takes Austin off even when there is no good reason to. People are pissed off by seeing what they think is the best chance of scoring being taken off and they reacted today - for the first time I've heard.

I thought we looked better towards the end as we were attacking down the wings a lot more. If Wilson hadn't started with a diamond in midfield then we'd have probably been doing it from the start of the game instead. I don't see why we should applaud Wilson for the substitutions when he was just correcting his own mistake.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:51:15 »

I thought Nouble was allright.  Gave them a bit to worry about.  I was talking about young premiership strikers with someone the other day.  It seems to me that they are often quick and skillful but have no brains and dont have a clue what to do with it once they've beaten 7 players.  Odabeyi was the same.

Never knowingly overstated.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:51:41 »

Pericard did look interested, his job was to drop into the right areas, offer himself for the ball, hold it up and distribute it to the supporting players. He did that from the moment he came on.

Sure, his touch didn't always work, in fact awful at times, but he had defenders clambering all over him and he still carried on. He can't have a perfect touch every single time.

I thought Nouble did a decent job. Certainly a rough diamond but he caused problems.

Look lads, there's no need to be over-critical is there? We've just got a point against the league's runaway leaders after going a goal down. Not to mention we have a depleted squad with injuries nd a suspension. Enjoy it you sad sad fuckers.

Well said

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:53:51 »

in fairness i think the the big problem was not having wingers in the first half and most of the second. Ward needed to be out wide and Marshell on the right. JPM and Douglas in the middle. Easton is showing lack of game time and was out of position a couple of times

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:55:21 »

I didn't hear anyone booing Austin or Pericard, just Wilson for taking Austin off again. Week in, week out, no matter what, Wilson takes Austin off even when there is no good reason to. People are pissed off by seeing what they think is the best chance of scoring being taken off and they reacted today - for the first time I've heard.
He was clearly fucked though. He wasn't getting a look in and too be fair to the two at the back for Norwich they did a very good job on him. Maybe he should have stayed on for a little longer and Pericard put on for a midfielder but he didn't look like he was going to score.

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:56:12 »

this thread just shows how people see things differently.
i think we all can agree that it felt like a win leaving the ground this evening.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: