Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 52195 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:40:00 »

Well I think he's out for a few weeks but yes,however he's done his bit to get us 2 fabulous results
Wilson said Cuthbert would be available next week

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:40:27 »

Some of the Leeds fans are now saying they should recall Sheehan to "hinder us a bit"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

What are they going to do about the other 10 players!?

http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=177602

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere on here, but to continue with the 'what are Leeds thinking about us?' stance, I was pointed in the direction of this from a Leeds supporting mate. Its not arrogance, its ambition:

http://clarkeonenil.co.uk/front-page/leeds-united-darragh-mullen%E2%80%99s-teenage-kicks-in-when-the-red-red-robin-etc
cib

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:41:38 »

Oh and top result today, a 4 points from Soton and Norwich is more than expected
adje

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:45:00 »

I call it arrogance

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:46:49 »

Quote from: Mong
The thing then that differentiates Leeds fans and Swindon Town fans is quite simply ambition. A Leeds fan from Scotland but working in London once questioned where my ambition was and where all of our ambition was for that matter? He liked to say that it had packed up and gone with Ridsdale but I would very much disagree. What makes us potentially one of the biggest clubs in England is that we actually believe as fans that we are able to win the Premier League, even in the Oligopoly that is the current Premier League table where the league is dominated by a few big ‘Franchises’. By God it is looking nowhere near likely in the next decade or so but I would definitely like to think that in my lifetime anyway we will be successful again. I don’t think however the same could be said about the average Swindon fan. Money will come and go but ultimately its the ambition of the club that dictates its future. Although money definitely helps!

What a fucking twat!
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:48:26 by tans » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:49:53 »

Money will come and go but ultimately its the ambition of the club that dictates its future.
Not having Ken Bates in charge helps a lot as well. Especially if you'd like more money to come than go.

I don't know I'd call him arrogant so much as "utterly fucking deluded"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:51:20 »

we talk about Leeds way too much.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:53:02 »

I didn't have a fucking clue what formation our midfield was in, until someone posted on here explaining. The apparent diamond formation was a disaster, Douglas was too deep and couldn't push forward much whilst Easton and Mcgovern couldn't figure out if they were playing wide or in the centre and ended up doing neither. It left big holes all over the place and resulted in us never getting our passing game going and a lack of width.

Changing to a formation that we haven't played in god knows how long, with a number of first team regulars out, in an important home match coming off the back of two decent wins is just stupid. If we'd stuck to a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 I reckon we would have done Norwich down the wings and could easily have walked away with a win. Though to be fair I thought Ward was outstanding playing just behind the strikers and caused plenty of problems all game.

I didn't see which defender was covering their scorer but I reckon they should have done better. I don't want to bash Smith but it looked like he could and should have gone for the cross, it looked like he was going to then changed his mind. Which may or may not have affected the defender.

Sheehan was poor on the whole, making a number of mistakes and poor passing. Greer was average for me. Darby and LJF were excellent throughout, maybe a couple of minor mistakes, but I reckon both of them have played well enough to keep their places once Cuthbert and Amankwaah are fit again.

Still don't understand why Wilson insists on taking Austin off all the time. He is consistently our most dangerous striker and if a goal is going to come from somewhere, it will most likely be him. I don't see what the fuck the substitutions had to do with the goal either, we got a corner and we scored from it. It was more luck than judgement on Wilson's part.

Having said all of that, we more than matched Norwich over the 90 minutes and a draw was a fair result. Plus with other results going in our favour, we're still looking good in 4th so I really shouldn't be complaining.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #293 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:54:23 »

Arrogance. No doubt about it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:55:24 »

I would
Me too!  Embarrassed

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:56:38 »

At a guess, the whole point of the diamond was to stick Dougie on Hoolahan and not let him start pulling the strings for Norwich.

I cant remember if I mentioned here or else where before the game, but if we wanted to stick a man on Hoolahan then we should have started with a flat 5 man midfield and 1 upfront.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:56:59 »

Sheehan was poor on the whole, making a number of mistakes and poor passing. LJF was average for me. Darby and Greer were excellent throughout, maybe a couple of minor mistakes, but I reckon both of them have played well enough to keep their places once Cuthbert and Amankwaah are fit again.

Fixed it for you Smiley

Seriously though, you though LJF was better than Greer? Oh well, each to their own Smiley
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:57:12 »

I didn't have a fucking clue what formation our midfield was in, until someone posted on here explaining. The apparent diamond formation was a disaster, Douglas was too deep and couldn't push forward much whilst Easton and Mcgovern couldn't figure out if they were playing wide or in the centre and ended up doing neither. It left big holes all over the place and resulted in us never getting our passing game going and a lack of width.

Greer average?..dont agree with that johny..as for Austin he didnt get a sniff and was fucked.
Apart from that good post!

Changing to a formation that we haven't played in god knows how long, with a number of first team regulars out, in an important home match coming off the back of two decent wins is just stupid. If we'd stuck to a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 I reckon we would have done Norwich down the wings and could easily have walked away with a win. Though to be fair I thought Ward was outstanding playing just behind the strikers and caused plenty of problems all game.

I didn't see which defender was covering their scorer but I reckon they should have done better. I don't want to bash Smith but it looked like he could and should have gone for the cross, it looked like he was going to then changed his mind. Which may or may not have affected the defender.

Sheehan was poor on the whole, making a number of mistakes and poor passing. Greer was average for me. Darby and LJF were excellent throughout, maybe a couple of minor mistakes, but I reckon both of them have played well enough to keep their places once Cuthbert and Amankwaah are fit again.

Still don't understand why Wilson insists on taking Austin off all the time. He is consistently our most dangerous striker and if a goal is going to come from somewhere, it will most likely be him. I don't see what the fuck the substitutions had to do with the goal either, we got a corner and we scored from it. It was more luck than judgement on Wilson's part.

Having said all of that, we more than matched Norwich over the 90 minutes and a draw was a fair result. Plus with other results going in our favour, we're still looking good in 4th so I really shouldn't be complaining.

Greer was brilliant not average...and Austin was fucked,he didnt get a sniff.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #298 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:58:05 »

All our chances happened after the subs. They had an impact.

The people who booed Pericard before he'd even kicked a ball were wankers. I told them as much.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:59:29 »

we talk about Leeds way too much.
Well, maybe. Most of it is sparked off by how worried they seem to be by us. For "tinpot also-rans" they seem to spend a lot of their time explaining to themselves how they're not worried by us and how much bigger/better/ambitious/famous they are than us
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: