Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Leicester Matchday Thread.  (Read 17114 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #195 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 17:05:00 »

I thought Paynter did ok. The lack of width meant that he had to keep going out to the right though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 17:09:03 »

Paynter did ok but his link up play with Cox is pretty good we lost that with Paynter wide right.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #197 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 17:23:16 »

It was certainly the most enjoyable game of the season for me. Oldham was a better performance but yesterday was a good match to watch. I felt Leicester were the best side down here this season and we got a point I wasn't expecting. The players ( apart from MacNamee ) gave their all and the fans got behind the team. I hope MacNamee's form picks up. l've not seen a more skillful winger for us since Walters and I really enjoy watching him play. We didn't play brilliantly but we battled and if we'd have lost 2-0 or 2-1 then I would have still left the match reasonably happy because the players put a decent shift in.
Good to see Ifill on the bench and getting a good reception.
I was also pleased to see a team without Aljofree and JPM. If I was in the trenches I wouldn't want them 2 by my side - I'd rather have Jack Smith. Technically inferior but a real battler. He's been there thruoghout this crap season and hasn't hidden. In fact, he's got to be my player of the season so far because of the bottle he's shown - a propoer bloke.
The CG was a happy place on Saturday and long may it continue.
The Curry Garden really does a very good vindaloo.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #198 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 17:39:12 »

In regards to macca be interesting to see what happens with him if bothroyde did take over
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 17:43:58 »

not alot at a guess

HOOF!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 17:49:14 »

Hoofroyd will probably get rid of Macca.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 18:29:17 »

People who say we wouldn't have come back like that if Malpas was in charge are talking bollocks in my opinion-that point of view says more about the attitude of the players than the ability of Malpas as a manager.Players should not need motivating by a manager-if they'd have shown that attitude a bit more often when Malpas was in charge we might not be 2 points off relegation.Pook s  now flavour of the month-but who brought him back?Who had the notion of putting Timlin at full back-a masterstroke in my opinion?Its total bollocks to say that result yesterday was down to the fact that Malpas has gone.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 18:34:24 »

Who told Pook he wasnt good enough after seeing him play twice in the first place....and even put him on the subs bench for the reserves....and Timlin at left back because the guys he baught for that position were not good enough.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 18:35:24 »

People who say we wouldn't have come back like that if Malpas was in charge are talking bollocks in my opinion-that point of view says more about the attitude of the players than the ability of Malpas as a manager.Players should not need motivating by a manager-if they'd have shown that attitude a bit more often when Malpas was in charge we might not be 2 points off relegation.Pook s  now flavour of the month-but who brought him back?Who had the notion of putting Timlin at full back-a masterstroke in my opinion?Its total bollocks to say that result yesterday was down to the fact that Malpas has gone.

100% agree.

Though Malpas wouldnt have brought Pook back if he hadnt frozen him out in the 1st place.

/
W56196272
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 18:50:31 »

Hoofroyd will probably get rid of Macca.

Nah! He'll play him but on stilts.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 18:51:29 »

Who told Pook he wasnt good enough after seeing him play twice in the first place....and even put him on the subs bench for the reserves....and Timlin at left back because the guys he baught for that position were not good enough.

Doesn't matter-he was right to leave Pook out.Its a testament to Pook that he knuckled down and got his place back.No one would have said at the start of the season that Pook should have been in the side(except Fatbury).Also he made a mistake with Casal fair enough but he had the bollocks to do something about it.There aint a manager in the country who hasn't made a bad signing
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 18:53:30 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 18:53:24 »

Also, we've showed that sort of spirit and fight in our last 4 league games not just yesterday!

I know I wasnt at either Histon or Brighton but that performance yesterday was no better than Oldham the previous home game
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 18:55:08 by DV » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, November 17, 2008, 01:22:24 »

Also, we've showed that sort of spirit and fight in our last 4 league games not just yesterday!

I know I wasnt at either Histon or Brighton but that performance yesterday was no better than Oldham the previous home game
Don't know whether not being at the two cup games gives you more perspective or less - certainly for me the abject surrender at Histon was so embarrassing, I'd have sold my right arse cheek (for purely medical, rather than pleasure-related, purposes I hasten to add) to have seen a Town side prepared to go out and fight for the shirt which is what we got yesterday. For technical purists, Oldham was probably the better game, for those of us who just in the name of Jesus Christ and all that's holy wanted to see a blood and guts battle for a result, you'll go a long way to better yesterday's peformance.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, November 17, 2008, 08:47:10 »

I went to Brighton but wasnt there on Saturday as it was my visit weekend for my daughter.
I sat and watched the results come through and i must admit i thought it was curtains when Fryatt scored.
I was elated at the end.
My mate called at the final whistle telling me i missed a great match and a real battling perfromance from the town.
After the last two disasters i would of taken a draw pre match so i think this is a great result.
Roll on Rovers and a new manager.

Clems Army!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, November 17, 2008, 11:14:03 »

God no, it was aimed, if at all, at all of us collectively, and probably not even so much at many folks on here. FWIW, I think throughout a fairly negative season, you've been one of the happier clappers if anything Smiley

Sorry for reading that the wrong way there Paul!  As Batch says me being a paranoid android there methinks.

As for me being catagorised a happy clapper!!  Not sure my mates who I go to games with would agree with that!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: