Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Orient official matchday Fred  (Read 35946 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #270 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 19:55:49 »

Is that Morrison getting in the background? He could have stood somewhere else.
santasdead

« Reply #271 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 19:59:52 »

When are we going to BUY a front player to help Austin.

Can't spoute shit like this in the middle of October. And, we can't have a player to help austin if we only play with 1 up top.

ps - hopefully January. but ball could probably be alright if he was allowed to play upfront.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 20:04:23 »

When are we going to BUY a front player to help Austin.

I think the bigger question is what the fuck are we going to do when Austin is sold, which will only be a matter of time. He was our best player today by some distance and did an incredible job given the service he was getting.

He's on 26 goals in 48 appearances now, which is an incredible record especially when you take in to account all the times he hasn't played the full 90 minutes. I still find it hard to believe just how good he is.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 20:09:07 »

Picture of the tackle.

Looks bad from the picture, but its not very conclusive as his foot is still a mile from the player and ball. If it makes contact with the player at that hight then fair enough, but I don't think it does.

I just remembered another twatish ref decision. Free kick against Ferry for presumably dangerous play. Even though their man was 4ft away.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 20:20:04 »

Straight red from that photo.

Of course I didn't see the incident in motion, but if I was the ref and saw that snapshot of the event then it ain't rocket science.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 20:21:20 »

Studs up always gets the ref a little excited with the cards.  I'll reserve judgement 'til i see the replays.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #276 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 20:28:32 »

I I still find it hard to believe just how good he is.

I don't jonny but let's hope he don't get sold anytime soon

I can't comment too much as I wasn't there. I always try to look at the positives, a draw while playing the greater proportion of the second half with ten men isn't too bad. I'm still pretty sure we'll be up there challenging come the second half of the season. Fingers crossed
stfc1969

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 20:49:57 »

understand what everyone is saying about the ref BUT if swindon turned up for the first half nobody would of noticed the ref because it would have all been over
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #278 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 22:21:23 »

the game was poo
the ref was poo
ours goals were shit hot
it was a deserved red card
flammableBen

« Reply #279 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 22:23:07 »

but was it?
deltaincline

« Reply #280 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 23:26:02 »

Picking up on a few points raised tonight;

JPM has largely been shite this season. Granted, he's been played out of his preferred position a lot of the time, but he's experienced enough to be able to at least compete in other positions without suffering such a dramatic dip in form, surely? His return to mediocrity is fucking worrying.

Watching Austin today, he's now added something extra to his game that wasn't there last season. He led the line very competently today, worked his knackers off and was very tidy with his passing and closing down. A well rounded display which wont of gone unnoticed by our management, let alone the scouts in the stands.

If a decent offer comes in for him while he's playing like that, I can't see us keeping him in January - unless we're pushing near to the playoffs or the top of the table. Even then we'd be pushing our luck as he's going to want to test himself at a higher level and grab himself a high paying contract for his future one day soon.

If we're playing like we have done so far come January, he'll be off withouit a second thought, and I wouldnt blame him.

I can not understand why we set up at home against Leyton Orient with only 1 up top. I appreciate that we'd miss Prutton and Douglas' combative style and passing in the middle, but Charlie on his own was never going to work as a serious plan for us to win the game unless he got adequate support from the midfield players as well, got lucky, or both - which he didn't until Rose came on - and he finally made things happen for us.

The set up today looked like an excersise designed to keep things as tight as possible at the back, while hoping that Austin would put a chance away. Off the back of last weeks defeat I can kind of see why Wilson would do that, but the resulting display was extremely fucking boring and, against better opposition, we'd have got dicked out of sight.

Aside from our league position and lack of points, I cant put my finger on what it is that I dont like about us this season. Like others, I rate Wilson highly, but he has been backed by the board to the extent that we have a very capable squad that is close, if not equal to, the standards of last seasons, yet he seems to be completely devoid of anything resembling a credible plan B, C or D when we're struggling to impose ourselves on opponents at home.

I didn't have that feeling last season, even when we were playing shite and struggling to get results.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 23:54:13 by deltaincline » Logged
Robins Nest

« Reply #281 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 00:32:12 »

One of the worse games ever..  Game shite, formation all over the place. Danny was well known at Hartlepool for playing players out of position. Feel sorry for JP McGovern and Caddis as they look as if they are going to be the fallguys for the bad run. McGovern showed us what he could do last year so somethings not right... Maybe we should play Lucas as a striker!!! Oh and it was never a red..but it worked for us.. so thanks ref.
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 00:39:39 »

That was pap. No it wasn't good enough to be pap. DW was lucky that the refs poor performance detracted from our short Cummings.  We've been blessed with decent crowds so far this season but I think we'll lose 2,000 for the next home game in the league.
1 point against such a poor team is a nonsense.
I'm not looking forward to the next game and it'll have to be a great FA cup draw to drag me down to the County Ground.  What a waste of my time that was.  Hell I'm angry and pissed.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #283 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 02:13:34 »

Sort it out Wilson.  Crash
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 05:20:04 »

Not a good game, but nowhere near as bad as some people are making out.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: