Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Orient official matchday Fred  (Read 35945 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:46:10 »

From what I've seen of Caddis he is quite clearly a right winger - that we've played in about 4 other positions, none of which have been right wing.

Its all a bit Andy King/David Duke at the mo...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #241 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:46:33 »

I believe Paul Caddis will come good.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:49:45 »

We seem to repeatedly get Ref's who don't know the rules properly. You can't stop the game just because a player fancys sitting down and holding his calf for a bit, only for a head injury, and he did it at least twice today. Two corners for us when Charlie had blatantly headed the ball out and repeatedly getting the most basic decisions wrong.  I wasn't surprised that he gave Sheehan a red and at least it seemed to wake us up.

In general though we were crap. Kev seems to be carrying an injury and I wasn't expecting him to come back out for the second half, but when he did he'd changed boots. Is this a new approach to physiotherapy?  

Charlie was superb and needed someone to play off him, he was constantly winning headers to absolutely no avail because the wingers were nowhere near him. Ritchie and Ball offered very little, and JP seems lost.

I don't think we're far away from a good side, but we aren't going to find the missing pieces of the jigsaw from the players currently at the club. Wilson and Fitton need to find someone that fits the bill and get them in quickly or we're looking at a long, dull season. Whether the right players are out there remains to be seen and I'm sure Danny isn't sitting around with his thumb up his arse, but things need to change soon.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:51:41 by Barnard » Logged
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:54:43 »

To be fair in the 2nd half we only had 10 men so we were hardly going to dominate. Orient went forward a lot more because of that as well. If Sheehan stayed on it would have been 0-0.

You say the formation was awful but it's the same one that served us well in the last few games. I agree that it didn't work today and Wilson should have changed it but we played it at home against Rovers and won so why is it a no go?
Of course we weren't going to dominate but it would have been nice to see us throw a few players forward and have some shots.

Against Rovers it was turned into a 4-3-3 very well, today it was a flat 5 across the middle which left Austin far too isolated and no one was near his flick ons.

Has it served us well?  3 of the last 4 games before today were defeats.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:58:33 »

From what I've seen of Caddis he is quite clearly a right winger - that we've played in about 4 other positions, none of which have been right wing.

Its all a bit Andy King/David Duke at the mo...

So how do you know he's a right winger? Just wondering like.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 18:00:55 »

Thats where he played for Celtic, in his interview thats where he said he played. The other week when in a middle 3, he kept coming wide right and taking players on and did a good job of it.

He's quick, nippy, has decent feet and a decent cross. Plus, I'm not blind or stupid Smiley
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 18:01:11 »

Not a bad day. Steward took my lighter and wouldn't give it back. First half was dead, but Rose's free kick and Charlies header were pure class. Best part of the day? I got Jean-Francois Tee-shirt!! JEANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN FRACOISSSSSSSSSS!

Ps. It wasn't me chanting EDL in the town end today.

Ps, Again. I just found myself in your sig CHRIS_STFC!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 18:02:59 »

Ps, Again. I just found myself in your sig CHRIS_STFC!
Superb picture, after Ward had scored at Charlton.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 18:05:07 »

Plus, I'm not blind or stupid Smiley

Result Yes

You'll never be a referee though.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 18:08:57 »

Heres my take...apologies in advance.
What a woefull perfornance....................bar Austin who i have to say was immense.
Now chaps i am not happy to accept that kind of performance.......not good enough by a long long way...to many players not in the right positions.
I applauded Ritchie a few weeks back and ate humble pie.....he was shocking...as was Ball as was...
When are we going to BUY a front player to help Austin.

Big Wilson fan but he has to do more........today was pathetic.
Anyone who blames the ref.....get a grip we should be beating Orient with 9 men not ten.
Granted the ref was poor.............but Swindon Town FC on that pitch todat was a lot poorer in my eyes.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 18:10:31 »

Result Yes

You'll never be a referee though.

I'm working on the superiority complex!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 18:11:19 »

The first half was one of the worst halves of football I've seen in my life. It looked like two Sunday league teams playing a meaningless end of season match after a few pints and a heavy lunch. It was truly appalling and the only reason the second half was any better was the Sheehan sending off.

I can't say for certain whether it was a red card offence or not, but from where I was sitting it looked like he went in with his foot well off the ground and his studs showing. Everyone, unless you've lived in a closet for the last 5 years, knows that if you do that there is a good chance the ref will show a red whether contact is made or not.

Whilst our players were generally crap today, the blame for the performance lies firmly with Wilson for his team selection, formation and tactics. Anyone who says we played a 4-3-3 is talking shit, it was 4-5-1 whether we had the ball or not. As a result Austin was isolated up front for most of the game, so when he got the ball there was no other red shirt within 20 yards.

Once again we sat far too deep when we didn't have the ball, allowing them to come at us. Our midfield were all over the place leaving massive gaps that were easily exploited. Fortunately, Orient are pretty poor - most teams would have ripped us to shreds and been a few up by half time.

Why was Rose dropped? He was terrible at the start of the season but has been excellent over the last few games. So Wilson decides to drop him as he thought the game was made for Sheehan (or some similar bollocks he was spouting on the radio).

McGovern is great playing wide midfield but is useless playing in the middle. Caddis has been hot and cold but again, he is a wide player and so why play him in the middle? Of course, part of the problem is that we only had one central midfielder due to injuries and having allowed Timlin to go out on loan. Why the fuck hasn't Timlin been recalled? Evans did well in the JPT when he came on for Douglas, so why not give him a run out?

Amankwaah was being torn a new one by their winger, who thankfully went off quite early with an injury. Something is up with him, either injury or in a bad spell, so why hasn't he been dropped for Thompson or Caddis? The same goes for Lucas, he's been poor this season and looked at fault for their second so why hasn't Smith been given a run?

Once again today, Wilson showed he doesn't have a fucking clue when it comes to substitutions. Prior to the sending off he was going to put Dossevi and O'Brien on, not putting Dossevi on I can understand but I don't get why it affected O'Brien going on. Anyway, he then decided to put Lescinel on at left back and then changed his mind after he'd had him strip off and put Rose on.

I don't see how any of the other options available to Wilson could have been worse than what he went with. And if players like Thompson and Evans aren't ready for the first team (despite performing well when given the chance) why the fuck are they on the bench?

I reckon our squad is as strong if not stronger than last season and the performances and results so far this season just aren't acceptable.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 18:14:36 by jonny72 » Logged
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 18:18:21 »

I reckon our squad is as strong if not stronger than last season and the performances and results so far this season just aren't acceptable.
Stronger than the one at this stage last season but certainly not as strong as the one that finished last season?

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 18:20:07 »

am i the only one who thinks wilson has taken us as far as he ever will?
downwards doesn't count...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 18:23:59 »

I don't think you can say Wilson has taken us as far as he can. The season has been dissapointing, and I'm not convinced on the formation, but to write the man off is well premature. Maybe in a couple of seasons I'd agree. But repeating last years exploits this season was always going to be hard.

In Wilson I trust.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: