Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Orient official matchday Fred  (Read 35941 times)
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:02:42 »

Shit game, shit atmosphere, shit ref and 2 shit teams.

Oh, and it was fucking cold.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:03:31 »

My view:

First half was awful the 4-5-1 (or 4-3-3 if you prefer) formation was screaming out to be changed. It leaves Austin too isolated, he wins good flick ons to.... himself. Leyton Orient have already beaten us, so I don't mean this disrespectfully, but playing 4-5-1 at home against a struggling team is fucking bollocks.

Second half the cocknocker of a referee ruined. From my angle in the DRS, directly behind Sheehan it was debatable whether a foul was committed, let alone a red card offence. Fucking twat ref has clearly never played football, ,my 6 year old can see it better. And that was by no means his only moment of fuckwittedry.

Credit where credit is due. We came from behind twice and well played Rose, who I thought was unlucky not to be starting in the first place. Oh and Austin is BACK!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:04:53 »

the thing with the formation- it's worked ok recently so he's stuck with it, but the personnel we had out there could have gone to 442 prior to the ref's spasm to his top pocket

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:10:53 »

Wilson did say on the radio that before the red card they were looking to change the formation to a 4-4-2, but once Sheehan had been sent-off he had to change his plans.

Oh and one other thing, Alex Revell is a right fucking wanker
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:12:26 »

has he now scored past us more times than he scored for us?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:16:54 »

Wilson did say on the radio that before the red card they were looking to change the formation to a 4-4-2, but once Sheehan had been sent-off he had to change his plans.

Oh fair enough, missed it this week. Had my mother in tow as a special daycare treat. i say daycare because about 20 minutes after Sheehan had walked I was still shaking my head and said "never a sending off." . She said "what sending off". It happened right there, in front of us.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:22:50 »

Dave and Nemo have summed the game up as I saw it.

People can blame the absymal refeering, but there's no getting away from the fact that we were poor today.  The only positives I can take from the game is Charlie's performance and Rose's cracking free kick.  We missed Douglas and Prutton in midfield, Ferry and McGovern are shadows of the players they were last season.  Defence not much better and Lucas was again at fault for the second.  Amankwaah was clearly limping from about 5 minutes in and even before Sheehan was sent off, he didn't look great.

I really like Danny Wilson, but some of his team selections and formation decisions this season are starting to become slightly irritating.  If a player has done well ie Rose, for christ sake leave him in, don't drop him just because Sheehan is fit again.

Playing 4-5-1 at home against a team like Leyton Orient is just ridiculous and players of League 1 standard just aren't capable of it.  The bloody England team can't even do it! Charlie worked his socks off and on a number of occasions got to balls that looked like he had no chance of catching,  but inevitably there was then nobody for him to pass to.  Charlie said on the radio after the game that it's really hard work being up front on your own and that was clear from how knackered he was at the end.  Fully deserved the ovation he got from my area in the Arkells abut 5 mins from the end after yet another 'never giving up' run.  

It seems ridiculous that we're still only 4 points off the play off places, but we need to get on a decent run asap.  Unfortunately I just can't see it happening with the current set-up.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:23:19 »

Wasn't impressed today. At least in previous games I could draw some positived but today as a team we looked clueless going forward. The midfield just didn't work sadly. The formation for me needed to be changed to 4-4-2 as Austin had no support and Ball wasn't doing anything on the right.

I really don't know why it took going down to 10 men to make us actually look like we wanted to win the game either. We looked so much better with 10 men and at least looked to be more direct and positive going forward. Thought we could have won it with 10 men actually. The game opened up and I think Orient wouldn't have come at us if we weren't down to 10 and we wouldn't have kicked into life.

We need a replacement for Manks (loan signing) as he's way off the pace at the moment. We also need to drop JP. He was crap again today. It really is time for 4-4-2. Only mentions to our players today go to Austin who was superb and worked his socks off and won everything in the air and Rose who looked superb when he came on.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:23:48 »

i certainly don't think we can hide behind the ref but he really did have a bit influence in a game we didn't look like winning easily

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
flammableBen

« Reply #234 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:25:35 »

I've never really liked Wilson that much and will be joining the rest of you in getting on his back asap.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:37:36 »

Celtic must be laughing their heads off - they have well and truly shafted us with Caddis - absolute shite and I really am amazed that we have paid a fee for him, let alone 6 figures. Amankwaah was just as bad and right back is quickly becoming a problem area for us.

Formation was awful, 4-5-1 at home against any side is a no go. I thought in the second half that Orient were the only side who wanted to win it - can't remember any other shots in the second half for us bar the goals! Awful.

Shows how poor the League is this season if we can play as badly as we have done recently and still only be 4 points off the play off places.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:39:29 »

Quite right, that right back/winger we've just played in central midfield didn't perform, so he's absolutely shite! Maybe we should play Austin left back next week.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:40:30 »

I don't think we would have been any better with Douglas, he has been just as poor as the others this season. The midfield is stale, we need a proper ballwinner, and someone with a bit of energy. McGovern and Ferry are so one dimensional/static it's unbelievable. Change Amankwaah and a central defender (not that they did much wrong today, just miss the Greer factor) and we may move on.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:43:51 »

Quite right, that right back/winger we've just played in central midfield didn't perform, so he's absolutely shite! Maybe we should play Austin left back next week.
Have you seen anything at all from him to suggest he was worth a 6 figure fee?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 17:44:25 »

Celtic must be laughing their heads off - they have well and truly shafted us with Caddis - absolute shite and I really am amazed that we have paid a fee for him, let alone 6 figures. Amankwaah was just as bad and right back is quickly becoming a problem area for us.

Formation was awful, 4-5-1 at home against any side is a no go. I thought in the second half that Orient were the only side who wanted to win it - can't remember any other shots in the second half for us bar the goals! Awful.

Shows how poor the League is this season if we can play as badly as we have done recently and still only be 4 points off the play off places.

To be fair in the 2nd half we only had 10 men so we were hardly going to dominate. Orient went forward a lot more because of that as well. If Sheehan stayed on it would have been 0-0.

You say the formation was awful but it's the same one that served us well in the last few games. I agree that it didn't work today and Wilson should have changed it but we played it at home against Rovers and won so why is it a no go?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: