Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Southend - Official Match day Thread  (Read 32596 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 16:51:11 »

What the fuck is Di Canio on about?  Huh?

this is how I translated it.

Flint was injured with some bone problem - that apparently is long term and has always been there but its the first Di Canio has heard of it? or its been bugging Flint but he's been playing through it for a month.

So, Flint has spent the last 5 days in bed resting, or not at training anyway but said he was good to play today.

Di Canio wont play players who dont work for 5 days then declare themselves fit.

Even if you've got a broken leg you turn up to training, you dont train your legs obviously but you do something else - you keep going. That not his opinion but that of experts.

I think...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 16:53:52 »

So is he pissed off with Flit for not turning up to training , or just explaining why Flint didn't play?

Please not anther spat Paolo
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 16:55:25 »

I was listening to the radio but had no idea what Paolo was on about for most of the interview.

Never knowingly overstated.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 16:55:51 »

All I really got was the fact that it wasn't Flint's fault  Hmmm

I think Di Canio has quite a flamboyant way of talking (as do most Italians) which makes it sound like he's having a go at someone when that may not nescessarily be the case...or something. Who the fuck knows?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 16:56:24 »

Anyone else still got the radio on?

is Flint done then? Paolo doesnt seem happy with him right now.
I listened to that - couldn't work out what Paolo's point was, whether he was unhappy with Flint, or with the injury situation, or if he was just making a point about training (badly)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 16:57:53 »

Just in, poor side Southend.  Thought we coped well in defence and they only had two chances, one of which hit the bar (we had one as well).   Very impressed with McCormack today, thought he played a stormer at centre back.  Caddis was good as well, overall impressed today.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 16:59:01 »

.  Caddis was good as well, overall impressed today.

Good to see him constantly talking to players too.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:00:20 »

I was also confused with what he said about Flint. Was he unhappy that he was lying in bed instead of working his non-injured parts of his body? Seemed that way.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:04:54 »

I was also confused with what he said about Flint. Was he unhappy that he was lying in bed instead of working his non-injured parts of his body? Seemed that way.

Yes.  He said he should work on other parts of his body.

He apparently could have played but Paolo said no as he hadn't done enough work this week!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:22:40 »

I think he was more unhappy with whoever advised Flint? But he stressed it wasn't Flints fault.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:23:34 »

I think he was more unhappy with whoever advised Flint? But he stressed it wasn't Flints fault.

But who advised him to lay in bed? Must have been his missus  Cheesy

Cats are better than dogs FACT
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:25:48 »

I thought it was an entertaining game today; we played good football for most of the match and dominated far more than the scoreline might suggest.  However, we did have a few dodgy moments where accurate shooting from Sarfend would have seen us concede and also one where Lanzano pulled off a top save.

The defence wasn't too greatly troubled and like others I was very impressed with McCormack, though Risser had looked dodgy in his 15 mins cameo.  Devera looked a lot more confident today.

Ferry showed he's too good for league 2 and Ritchie was excellent for most of the match.  Smith looks like he'll be a good back-up to McCormack and hit a cracking strike for the first goal.  Was again impressed with Caddis; some his final balls were a bit wayward but I think he contributes so much to the team.

I thought DeVita looked a bit out of it and for someone who should have been playing wide drifted into the centre too much I think.

Connell put himself about well and looked good.  Kerrouche is a bundle of energy and put himself in some great positions but must improve his finishing.  He must have missed about 5 good opportunities before finally putting one away.

If we play like this every week we should soar up the league but I guess consistency is the key to success.  I still think we need to convert more good chances.

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:29:15 »

Came in on the end of the interview and wasn't even sure who Di Canio was talking about.  Thought he mentioned the word 'bump' a few times, but could have been 'bone'.  

On to the game,  which considering we ended up with a fairly makeshift defence, I thought was a pretty good performance.  Although Southend weren't particularly good, at times we played some really neat passing football, which was nice to see.

As mentioned, McCormack probably just shaded man of the match, but there were a number of others not far behind.  Ferry looked more the player of old and would have been nice to see him finish the 90 minutes.  Considering, Devera has been out of the picture, I thought he did well and even De Vita looked better.  Caddis and Ritchie really are too good for League 2 and we'll do well to hold onto them both until the end of the season.

All in all, we seem to be playing with renewed confidence and as more of a unit.  Just need to start picking up points on the road now.

As an aside, the level of injuries this early on in the season is a worry.  Is it because players weren't fully fit when they got here and can't cope with the training regime?

Also, why has that flaming board not been sorted?  It was a farce everytime a substitution took place because nobody could read the numbers.  It was like it last week as well.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:30:03 »

McCormack was excellent at the back, Devera his best yet (although as Jayo pointed out, he was only playing against "No Goals" Blair). Decent performance but some work to do still (Southend were rubbish). Step in the right direction.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #164 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:30:52 »

Please not anther spat Paolo

Apparently worse goes on at B'mth. Their scummy chairman got on the PA half cut at the the end of the game and offered the North Stand out. I'm only hearing this 3rd hand by the way
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: