Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -V- Brighton & Hove Albion Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35358 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #270 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 21:24:35 »

What is he supposed to do?!

He could try jumping from time to time. I'm fed up of waiting for him to do something, change his career, save his future at this club. He has to do something soon
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 21:42:35 »

The last time I saw us win was Hereford at home in March 2009.

I went today. Sorry.
MelkshamRED

« Reply #272 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 21:44:52 »

I went today. Sorry.
All in favour to ban sonic youth  Wink sorry mate but your a bad omen now
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 21:51:11 »

I'm late joining this conversation but they played 451 and we failed to deal with the extra man in midfield. Especially since he was Alan Navaro and a bit shit. But they kicked us and outnumbered us and we failed to deal with it. I don't know the answer to that - I'm not Jonathon Wilson or Danny Wilson but we will need to as we are no longer the surprise package.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 21:59:22 »

Only thing you can do after an opening day loss is to wait and see what happens in the coming weeks.

For me, today's result was neither massively surprising (not because I'm a pessimist but we were playing a team we've had decent tussles with in the past) nor was it the end of the world. Over to you Danny Wilson and company.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 22:02:31 »

I went today. Sorry.

My husband borrowed a friend's season ticket today, because he couldn't go.  The last game he saw us win was also Hereford at home in 2009.  He won't be attending again soon!
glos_robin

« Reply #276 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 22:09:40 »

My husband borrowed a friend's season ticket today, because he couldn't go.  The last game he saw us win was also Hereford at home in 2009.  He won't be attending again soon!
Oh well I'm sure the club will survive
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 22:20:23 »

Dossevi looks class. In the first half he showed pace, skill, strength, vision, athleticism and tracked back on a number of occasions - in the fact the only thing he didn't display was anything in front of the goal but you can excuse him for that. Considering he got elbowed in the face, presumably isn't fully fit and has only been training with the team for a little over a week, he's going to be one hell of an asset. Charlie played well off Paynter last season and I can see the pair of them forming a good partnership.

Otherwise the game and performance was a big letdown. I wasn't impressed with Prutton or Rose and the majority of the team looked out of sorts as well. As has already been stated, it was slightly reminiscent of the play-off final insofar as some players didn't show what they're capable of. LJF looked calm, composed and solid. I think we need someone experienced at the back as well but I certainly don't think any new signing in that position would dislodge LJF and Cuthbert.

Was it O'Brien's header put Charlie through on goal for the free-kick we scored from, am I mistaken?

Rose and JPM are clearly bezzie mates and probably shave each others heads.
seagull

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 22:31:19 »

Ref was shit, match was uninspiring.  Brighton Im sure will be crowing about how fantastic they are.  They really weren't much good.  For a team the fans claim will pass everyone in the league off the park, they really need to pass better.  Mind you so do we at times.

Never mind.  Better than last years opener.  Marathon not a sprint etc etc etc.  

Not at all. We weren't very good today. We worked hard and defended reasonably well but there wasn't much to get excited about other than the goals. No one thinks we're gonna pass everyone off the park, although Wilson did say we passed it a lot better than you. It wasn't really and easy game to get it down and play really as it was quite physical and high tempo.

Obviously you're a very good side, we're away from home and it's the first game of the season so it's never going to be easy to play decent football on the deck although we had our moments. I thnk the most encouraging thing to take from it is that we were hard to beat, organised and defended well. That's agood base to work from.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 22:33:54 »

That's a fair and realistic assessment seagull. Not one for the purists, today, but both sides will kick on from that. But we'll still finish above you (I have no evidence for this, I just have to say it Smiley)
glos_robin

« Reply #280 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 22:36:16 »

Not at all. We weren't very good today. We worked hard and defended reasonably well but there wasn't much to get excited about other than the goals. No one thinks we're gonna pass everyone off the park, although Wilson did say we passed it a lot better than you. It wasn't really and easy game to get it down and play really as it was quite physical and high tempo.

Obviously you're a very good side, we're away from home and it's the first game of the season so it's never going to be easy to play decent football on the deck although we had our moments. I thnk the most encouraging thing to take from it is that we were hard to beat, organised and defended well. That's agood base to work from.
Well at least Brighton seem to have one reasonable supporter then ......... not like the rest who seem to think Stadium = god given right to promotion, champions league football, world domination etc etc etc
seagull

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 22:40:03 »

That's a fair and realistic assessment seagull. Not one for the purists, today, but both sides will kick on from that. But we'll still finish above you (I have no evidence for this, I just have to say it Smiley)

We need a decent left winger and a bit more up front to do better than you this season. You looked more dangerous going forward than us. Although you did have home advantage so it'll be interesting to see how we attack at Withdean. We seem to score a lot of goals from outside the box.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 22:44:26 »

Although you did have home advantage so it'll be interesting to see how we attack at Withdean.
If only we could see at the Withdean - being roughly 438 miles from the pitch, only those blessed with supersonic vision and a need to wear their pants outside their trousers can see what's happening
seagull

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 22:45:46 »

If only we could see at the Withdean - being roughly 438 miles from the pitch, only those blessed with supersonic vision and a need to wear their pants outside their trousers can see what's happening

Yeah it's shit. Only one more year thankfully.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #284 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 22:56:13 »

Few things from today.

Must just be me who thought our right hand side was non existent today i personally thought Amankawaah was pretty piss poor tbh.McGovern needs to stick out wide more

Ball i think was a bit shocked at just how physical it is in this league but towards the end of the first half got stuck in a bit more and at times looked ok cutting inside. Very simalar to Ward when you look back at it.

Dossevi for the last 10 mins was clearly fucked he was basically playing right wing and right back.

Also suprised no one has mentioned Pericard seemed to be injured again for the last 20 mins.

Very dissapointed in Prutton.

The plus side is we looked alot more solid at the back than i thought we would  and Charlie seems half a yard quicker and sharper and was his normal pain in the ass for defenders.

Oh Douglas was far from happy he was sarcasticly clapping Pericard for not chasing back then just fucking flipped and went mad at him.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: