Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -V- Brighton & Hove Albion Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35361 times)
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:51:52 »

Ankergem gobbed off at the TE afterwards too..cunt

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Barry Scott

« Reply #241 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:57:42 »

As for the Ankergren incident, Austin was going to score. He'd knocked it slightly to the side but one more touch and it was in.

I was level and can confirm Austin went down very, very easily. He was looking for it and could have very easily avoided Ankergren. I think that's why the ref didn't give more - although I'm not sure the ref was that good to be honest. I was as annoyed with Austin for going down as I was angry with the ref for not giving a red card! (I know it makes no sense and I'm a twat.)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:05:30 »

I was level and can confirm Austin went down very, very easily. He was looking for it and could have very easily avoided Ankergren. I think that's why the ref didn't give more - although I'm not sure the ref was that good to be honest. I was as annoyed with Austin for going down as I was angry with the ref for not giving a red card! (I know it makes no sense and I'm a twat.)

But Barry, if the ref thinks Austin has gone down too easily, he gives him a yellow card. That should have no bearing on the colour of the card he gives the keeper.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:06:34 »

I seldom rant about the referee, but he was beyond shit today. One moment he gives a free kick for a player backing in when going for a header, exactly the same challenge 30 seconds later and it goes the other way for climbing. Two obvious yellow cards he didn't give even a free kick for, then he gives the first yellow for a little tap and trip.

We should have had a penalty a few minutes before they scored their first, Austin had won the ball in the air and turned the defender inside out and just as he was going to pull the trigger there was a push or a pull which put him off balance and the chance was gone. Blatant penalty for me, though admittedly they are seldom given by refs.

The challenge on Pericard looked like a straight red - foot high with studs showing on his knee and nowhere near the ball. Not sure if he was trying to play the advantage or not but he didn't blow straight away either. Not so sure about the Austin foul, but he was only six yards wide of the goal when he was fouled so I'd say that has to be a straight red as well.

But all in all, the ref was completely and utterly shit. I don't expect PL quality refs in League One but his performance was totally unacceptable and you can't help but wonder how the fuck he ended up in charge of a professional game of football.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #244 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:08:38 »

Well I normally talk Bollocks but here we go

SMITH - Had bugger all to do. Not sure Smith is a L1 level number 1 though? Smith is quiet and whilst we may have missed the leadership of Greer I think that Lucas was a key player getting the team gelled togehter and working together, You always hear Lucas bellowing instructions where as Smith is very reserved. Think to be a good No 1 he needs to be able to read the game and advise the back 4.

AMANKWAAH - Not bad but seemed to stand in one place once too often, him and Prutton (who was shite) had words

ROSE - Looked ok, just needs to learn to put the ball in the box really. He certainly did look to have something about him though.

JEAN-FRANCOIS - MOTM by a country mile IMO. Only player who actually really looks dedicated

CUTHBERT - Thought he did ok

JPM - Did put the effort in but looked frustrated at times by lack of options,

DOUGLAS - Bad day a the office?

PRUTTON - Just looked pretty rubbish IMO. Him and Douglas are perhaps too similar a player and we missed the spark that Ferry would have brought earlier on, Although the 2 played together at Leeds?? hmmmm

BALL - Ran like hell but seemed to panic when they closed him down, he didn't really know what to do. i put this down to inexperience really. Not sure he is comfortable on the wing?

AUSTIN - Sussed out really, Didnt think he was really bad. I think given Pericard or Dossevi's record the key was to close down the bigger threat Austin.

DOSSEVI - Sheer class, Not really sure why he was taken off apart from maybe he was playing out of position far too often or a slight knock?

FERRY - Changed the complexity of the game and we seemed the Swindon of last season more so when he was on, Needs to start next game.

O'BRIEN - Something about him really, Looked lively when he came on.

PERICARD - Not his biggest fan but he did as well as he could really. He is never going to be a prolific goal scorer but he will get the ball down for Austin.

Anyone notice Cuthbert having a go at the ref after the game? Now yes the ref was a cunt but we were far from being at the races but that said we started off bad last year. No need to panic yet but Prutton for Ferry and if Lucas started I think we would have done better. Our players seemed a bit scared to get forward for some bizarre reason and ran in the same place for far too long! Did we miss Greer? DOnt think so but we certainly lacked leadership on the pitch today.

« Last Edit: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:12:30 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
glos_robin

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:09:32 »

Not to forget the refs inteception when we were on the attack near the end. He was constantly getting in the way of Douglas and positioning is quite a fundamental part of his job.
Morgan Freeman

People enjoy the sound of my voice

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:10:07 »

Will Lucas still be out for tuesday? I'd much prefer him, for me Smith had only two major incidents to deal with and failed to stop them both. I don't think he could of done anything about the second but thought he could of done a bit more for the second, being beaten on the inside post like that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:10:34 »

But Barry, if the ref thinks Austin has gone down too easily, he gives him a yellow card. That should have no bearing on the colour of the card he gives the keeper.

Definite red card....keeper charges out of area scythes down Austin whose nicked it passed him with the chance of a shot on an unattended goal...hence denying him a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Ref further blotted his copybook, with a timely interception, when JPM looked to play in O'Brien for a run in on goal.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:11:57 »

Ref further blotted his copybook, with a timely interception, when JPM looked to play in O'Brien for a run in on goal.

That was a bit of a highlight- unless I'm very much mistaken JPM stuck two fingers up at him as well, which would have been comic if it wasn't so bloody annoying.
Barry Scott

« Reply #249 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:17:38 »

You're completely right. But do you remember the world cup in which Lucas Neil "fouled" Grosso for the pen? Many said it was a penalty because Neil's leg was in the way, despite the fact Grosso used it as a convenient excuse to go down. This was similar, so it should be given. I just wonder whether it entered the ref's thinking at all? To be honest, the ref was a total cunt and shouldn't be officiating football matches.

I remember at one point Pericard (I think) was about 2 metres, at most, in front of him and he wanted to speak with Vince. He then got rather infuriated with Pericard, as he couldn't see why the ref wanted him closer. The ref kept pointing in front of himself as in, "come here." Then Pericard walked a couple of strides, the ref said few words, then Pericard walked back to where he was. This took quite a while and had a fair few blows of the whistle. Why couldn't he walk to Pericard? Clear Napoleon Complex I reckon.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:21:40 »

I don't expect PL quality refs in League One
Good job too - when we do get Premiership refs they're fucking terrible. Yes, I'm looking at you Messrs D'Urso, Danson etc etc
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:24:04 »

Good job too - when we do get Premiership refs they're fucking terrible. Yes, I'm looking at you Messrs D'Urso, Danson etc etc

Maybe, but with a PL ref there is no way Brighton would have finished the game with 11 players on the pitch.
Spud

« Reply #252 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:27:40 »

I still can't believe the bloke behind me though that a Yellow for Ankergren was the correct decision as there were two men covering behind him! Utter shite IMO.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:28:33 »

Ref was the cunt who gave us fuck all at Colchester last season, and happily missed an blatant push on Sheehan, and a blatant offside which led to Colchester's first goal.

He seemed to have a complex with Charlie. He kept on giving free kicks against Charlie for absolutely nothing, and he booked Charlie, when everybody around me was expecting a free kick to us.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 19:29:35 »

Yes, as far as I could tell from the DRS. Charlie got booked for dribbling the ball past a Brighton player?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: