Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -V- Brighton & Hove Albion Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35366 times)
Caridina

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:17:30 »

For a season opener particularly that was poor.  Ref was pretty crappy to be fair, but there was just too little energy, not enough physicality or flair.  Shame on the few dozen who left 10 minutes before the end too.  No doubt though that Town are good enough to at least press for the top 6, but they'll need to toughen up and create a lot more chances. 

I also sat near an oddly polite bloke who couldn't quite master swearing - at one point he called the referee a "ruddy cunt".

Oh - and does my guess of 10,401 win?  I was only 9 off.....

woolster

« Reply #226 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:20:04 »

For a season opener particularly that was poor.  Ref was pretty crappy to be fair, but there was just too little energy, not enough physicality or flair.  Shame on the few dozen who left 10 minutes before the end too.  No doubt though that Town are good enough to at least press for the top 6, but they'll need to toughen up and create a lot more chances. 

I also sat near an oddly polite bloke who couldn't quite master swearing - at one point he called the referee a "ruddy cunt".

yes you win Zzz

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:21:33 »

oooh, that reminds

what clown was doing the radio show? he was talking complete shite as I was driving home.

Talking about the year we signed Cureton and Thorpe and it raised our expectation levels, then we lost to Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 the opening day and ended up in the play offs.

Then the following season we lost opening day to Barnsley.

Someone needs to check the fact before he says them out loud!
Barry Scott

« Reply #228 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:22:43 »

Oh, what was that song about Greer that the word cunt came out of the townend with a nice volume? That's the only time I've heard a football song with the word cunt in it. Hearing it that loudly made me want to go and suck myself off. Brilliant.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:24:04 »

no idea, but the whole darren fergusons old man chant had cunt in ever line
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #230 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:29:37 »

oooh, that reminds

what clown was doing the radio show? he was talking complete shite as I was driving home.

Talking about the year we signed Cureton and Thorpe and it raised our expectation levels, then we lost to Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 the opening day and ended up in the play offs.

Then the following season we lost opening day to Barnsley.

Someone needs to check the fact before he says them out loud!

ian longdon
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:31:24 »

I quite liked "We can see you holding hands" but had to pretend I hadn't heard the follow-up when my lad asked me what I was laughing at
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:41:07 »

I think people have summed up the performance today, but I'm amazed that nobody has mentioned the fact we played the whole game without a right midfielder. I presume JPM was supposed to be playing there but I only remember him appearing on the right wing once in the whole match. People behind me were moaning at Amankwaah for not being able to deal with Brighton's left side, but when he's constantly left 2-on-1 what is he supposed to do?!

As for the Ankergren incident, Austin was going to score. He'd knocked it slightly to the side but one more touch and it was in.

I don't think we deserved anything today as we didn't turn up until 4.30pm. Brighton didn't create many chances but the defeat was our own doing. I'd start with Caddis and Ferry on Tuesday, and perhaps give Dossevi and Austin another go together to see how Dossevi copes when he's not being assaulted.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:41:38 »

Heh! heh!

ruddy Cool

I'm going to do my utmost to bring that back into every day use. I reckon the last person to use that word was one of these crazy mofos....although I doubt very much they would have used the 'C' word..that's an interesting fusion of mid 20th/early 21st Century swearing Hmmm

[url width=400 height=322]http://timesonline.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451586c69e20120a50c1eae970b-400wi[/url]

Now that is a Firm Yes
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:47:31 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:45:10 »

oooh, that reminds

AND HE MUST HAVE SAID ABOUT 20 TIMES THAT PAUL RIDEOUT IS FROM MARLBOROUGH....HE TWATTING WELL IS NOT!!!

Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:46:48 »

AND HE MUST HAVE SAID ABOUT 20 TIMES THAT PAUL RIDEOUT IS FROM MARLBOROUGH....HE TWATTING WELL IS NOT!!!

Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash

Bournemouth me thinks?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:48:12 »

Can't understand why BBC Wilts would want to ruin the best match day footy show they have had in years. Looks like its back to listen to the commentary only for the away games. Even then you have to suffer Vic Morgan Sad
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:48:23 »

Football is a simple game...if Wilson had followed Smeeton's Rule and not had more than one player wearing a headband we'd have been alright.  Trying to rectify this later in the game was closing the stable door after the horse had bolted.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:49:29 »

Bournemouth me thinks?

Yes, born there but brought up in Swindon. Wroughton I think. BUT NOT SODDING MARLBOROUGH!!!!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #239 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 18:49:56 »

Bournemouth me thinks?

Correct, pretty sure I played against him when I was at school and we lost 2-0
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: