Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ticket problem - have i been fucked over?  (Read 14246 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 14:00:36 »

Block 529. Would have liked to have been behind the goal but getting enough seats together there was a total nightmare. Hopefully we'll have a decent view as we're not right up the top. I'm just glad it's all sorted!
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #151 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 14:23:58 »

I ordered 4 online successfully on tuesday, phoned up yesterday to order another 1 (as couldn't use my S/T number again on line) the bloke informs me I've bought 8 tickets!!

Luckily was able to cancel and refund one block of 4 but only ever recieved 1 confirmation email yet 2 blocks of tickets were booked and taken off my card (3 days later)

Sorted now anyway, just got all week next week to panic until they actually bloody arrive through the post. not sure if this has been mentioned yet but they're all sent recorded delivery ie someone has to sign for them, so if you're not in, they get sent to the local sorting office.

Never straightforward following the town eh!
Panda Paws

« Reply #152 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 14:24:59 »

So does this mean we've only sold 10,000 ish, but two tickets to everyone!
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 14:27:16 »

So does this mean we've only sold 10,000 ish, but two tickets to everyone!
  Yes
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 14:31:34 »

Sorted now anyway, just got all week next week to panic until they actually bloody arrive through the post. not sure if this has been mentioned yet but they're all sent recorded delivery ie someone has to sign for them, so if you're not in, they get sent to the local sorting office.

If I miss something that needs to be signed for it goes to Hawskworth, which is only open until 2pm!  Not sure what time they open in the morning?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 14:38:09 »

If I miss something that needs to be signed for it goes to Hawskworth, which is only open until 2pm!  Not sure what time they open in the morning?

6am.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 14:40:32 »

Luckily I work next door to our sorting office - phew!
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 14:44:35 »

I ordered 4 online successfully on tuesday, phoned up yesterday to order another 1 (as couldn't use my S/T number again on line) the bloke informs me I've bought 8 tickets!!

Luckily was able to cancel and refund one block of 4 but only ever recieved 1 confirmation email yet 2 blocks of tickets were booked and taken off my card (3 days later)

Was just emailing Ticket Zone to ask whether they had me down for two bookings, one this morning on-line which let me through and then stopped me when it noticed my Oxford post code; the second booking I did over the phone later.

Before I finished the email they actually rang me to say that they were ringing on behalf of STFC and did I still need a ticket (I emailed the club early to try and register).

I said no I was ok, but just asked whether they could check how many bookings were on my credit card. She said there were two, one by internet and the other by phone!

Great that they rang me and it is now sorted but would suggest that you check that you haven't been charged twice as I think there were others like me and Terry T who had the same problems first thing this morning......

wildwildwild

« Reply #158 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 14:51:44 »

managed somehow to book 16 tickets without a confirmation email... yet my credit card has been debited £1100... only wanted two tickets...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 14:55:04 »

managed somehow to book 16 tickets without a confirmation email... yet my credit card has been debited £1100... only wanted two tickets...
Hmmm Oh dear, there has been a cock up somwhere along the line.

My credit card has finally been charged for my tickets, which is a good 62 hours after I bought them - PHEW!!
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:11:26 »

Very true. As a professional software developer, I can say this is the worst commercial internet website I've ever seen. The programmers have not taken any account of multiple simultaneuous bookings. You can have several people choosing the same ticket and it doesn't detect that so only the first person will get that ticket and then it wastes everyone else's time.

It seems to release tickets in a certain category a few at a time, so sometimes it looks like there are no tickets at a certain price. Sometimes you select a ticket price and it doesn't give any seats. This will be because someone bought the last seat in that block just as you selected the category. It's like amateur night out.

It consistently fails to recognise valid logins, then accepts them for no apparent reason, and people seem to have reported random error messages, invalid postcodes and so on.

Add in all the doubts about whether people's cards have been processed the ambiguities in account numbers and you get a total shambles.

Disgraceful.

Really, really poor. This needs to be communicated to STFC.

Reassuring that the thing with the *****P in the credit card isn't me typing the number in wrong.  You are right though, its a barely fit for purpose website - don't think it has anything to do with STFC, this is the FA, so i'm sure there was a valid tendering process, and not a hint of corruption in getting it built
nochee

« Reply #161 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:13:17 »

Very true. As a professional software developer, I can say this is the worst commercial internet website I've ever seen. The programmers have not taken any account of multiple simultaneuous bookings. You can have several people choosing the same ticket and it doesn't detect that so only the first person will get that ticket and then it wastes everyone else's time.

It seems to release tickets in a certain category a few at a time, so sometimes it looks like there are no tickets at a certain price. Sometimes you select a ticket price and it doesn't give any seats. This will be because someone bought the last seat in that block just as you selected the category. It's like amateur night out.

It consistently fails to recognise valid logins, then accepts them for no apparent reason, and people seem to have reported random error messages, invalid postcodes and so on.

Add in all the doubts about whether people's cards have been processed the ambiguities in account numbers and you get a total shambles.

Disgraceful.

Really, really poor. This needs to be communicated to STFC.

Ra ra ra ra ra Dear points of view ra ra ra ra ra

Made me laugh anyway Smiley
gasha2

« Reply #162 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 16:14:48 »

Reassuring that the thing with the *****P in the credit card isn't me typing the number in wrong.  You are right though, its a barely fit for purpose website - don't think it has anything to do with STFC, this is the FA, so i'm sure there was a valid tendering process, and not a hint of corruption in getting it built

Not blaming STFC but ultimately they would want to know if the company responsible for selling tickets on their behalf is goofing up.
medwayred

Up the Reds

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 17:26:20 »

We got ours this morning. Hit redial 134 times in total then got through and put on hold for another 25 min ouch my mobile bill is gonna be a bastard this month. we live out in Kent but are on the database as we do lots of aways so yes we are going to Wembley...

One Davie Bamber.......................
glos_robin

« Reply #164 on: Friday, May 21, 2010, 18:31:43 »

I've been charged twice for tickets, has this happened to anyone else? Ticketzone seem a bunch of clowns to be honest
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: