Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Armchair or Turnstile? You decide.  (Read 4806 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 19:14:00 »

we could even attach a frame infront to mimic seeing a tv screen.
Dazzza

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 19:30:06 »

Bit off topic and all but this week I saw the club was mentioned as an example for broadcasting live streaming events on the Internet.

Similar to Bittorrent the viewers share their bandwidth thus cutting the costs to the supplier.

Not sure who owns the rights to broadcast league footy live on the Tinternet or even if it falls within Sky’s package but the Chumps league is set to be broadcast live this season.  In fact I think they are actually ‘obliged’ to do so under the new terms of their deal.

It’s probably purely coincidence that we were used as an example but with games already being filmed outside of the complexities of the licenses and rights the cost of actually streaming live games for clubs such as ourselves is now quite realistic.

Not sure what the take-up would actually be come the end of the day or what your armchair/desktop fan would be willing to pay but it’s certainly another option on the horizon for the armchair fan.  The only question it raises is would it have an adverse effect on attendances?

pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 23:26:41 »

Its possible, but I wouldn't expect it to make a big difference for the lower league teams. Depending on cost, I'd certainly be interested in taking a look while I'm overseas.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: