Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Armchair or Turnstile? You decide.  (Read 4855 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 11:06:34 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
When I was at uni, I used to either get the train back or drive back from London for home games. Well, isnt that what Student loans are for?

I thought they were for sex, drugs and rock and roll....times change I suppose.
sex, drugs, rock n roll AND FOOTBALL.

Keep with the times dude!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 11:40:43 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
When I was at uni, I used to either get the train back or drive back from London for home games. Well, isnt that what Student loans are for?

Mine went on rent and bills  Sad
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 11:49:20 »

maybe they should install an armchair stand, with sofa's for families.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 11:51:34 »

The user "Red Len" keeps reminding me of that song "Steal my Sunshine"  Oops
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:42:58 »

Quote from: "Red Len"
a bunch of highly paid, over-rated tossers strutting their sizeable ego's in super high definition, fills me with more than a little loathing. Give me an Ifil punt to the heavens over another stuttering shimmy from Ronaldo any day. Give me a strong tackle from behind that dosn't immediately require the showing of a red card. Give me a team that saves two penalties one Saturday, only to miss two penalties the next. Give me real football with honest endeavour over anything else.

Make this man Prime Minister. Now.
Red Len

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:46:20 »

Quote from: "RobertT"

Yeah, like that idea RobertT. If the club can find a way of supplying the sex, drugs & rock'n'roll whilst there at it, put me down for a season ticket!

Lady, not sure can I remember the words to 'steal my sunshine', but if you care to join me on my arm rest, i'll gladly give it a go.... Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 13:21:51 »

interesting post red len and some great sentiments but,surely lower league teams like stfc and its fans are still hoping to get back up to the lofty hights of the prem one day.
the best league in the world,i want that above basement league football myself.but only if stfc are in it of course
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 14:16:49 »

Quote from: "arriba"
interesting post red len and some great sentiments but,surely lower league teams like stfc and its fans are still hoping to get back up to the lofty hights of the prem one day.
the best league in the world,i want that above basement league football myself.but only if stfc are in it of course
The problem with the Premiership is the big clubs who have just had people come in and give them money to survive.
Sure i want to see Swindon up there but I want them to make their own way there through hard work and loyal unshakable support from the club and its fans.

I would feel like a twat supporting a team who worked their way up through the leagues from nothing to being big because some guy bought us success *COUGH* Reading *COUGH*
The fans and the connection between them and the club is what the Football League is (generally) all about, rather than super high profits

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 14:26:19 »

all clubs want mega rich investors.if someone wants to plough loads of cash into stfc and we buy our way to success i wouldn't care at all.though its highly unlikely
fair play to reading i say.though matey simply didn't chuck silly money at the club, it was a gradual build up to where they are now
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 14:48:18 »

Quote from: "arriba"
all clubs want mega rich investors.if someone wants to plough loads of cash into stfc and we buy our way to success i wouldn't care at all.though its highly unlikely
fair play to reading i say.though matey simply didn't chuck silly money at the club, it was a gradual build up to where they are now
Started off by chucking money at the club though...

I am very happy with the way Mr Devlin is running this club, effectively following Reading's example without a Madjeski involved.

If SBC would pull their collective fingers out we could be partly on our way to being a bigger club
sonic youth

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 15:46:57 »

does anyone else here think we'll NEVER get to the premiership again?

the way football is, i really can't see us ever being better than a mid/low table championship club at best.
Red Len

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 15:54:46 »

Some fair points there Arriba, I too would dearly love to see STFC back up there, but I have to echo what R4E is saying here...would we be prepared to sell the soul of the club for the 'holy grail' ?
I'm not so sure myself. A very good friend of mine has supported chelsea all his life. He admits to feeling like he's watching some kind of travelling circus these days, and although back to back titles means he dosn't feel too bad about it all (!), he does also pine for those 'good old days'.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 16:17:59 »

Quote from: "Red Len"
Quote from: "RobertT"

Yeah, like that idea RobertT. If the club can find a way of supplying the sex, drugs & rock'n'roll whilst there at it, put me down for a season ticket!

Lady, not sure can I remember the words to 'steal my sunshine', but if you care to join me on my arm rest, i'll gladly give it a go.... Cheesy

They do that for the rugby in South Africa. Big fuck off sofa right next to the pitch, think they are given free food and beer.

Granted it is for the winner of a competition but it would be cool as fuck! Beers

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 16:23:58 »

Maybe an idea for the temporary conversion of the Bank then.  Lazy Boy chairs for a premium up at the back.
Red Len

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 19:09:17 »

Genius. Why haven't the club thought of this? If they can bracket on one of those massive pub garden brollies to the back of the chair its a winner as far as I'm concerned  Clap
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: