Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Match Ratings  (Read 8456 times)
Doore

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 10:15:14 »

I'm with magig8ball on Vincent.  Most of you seem unimpressed by him, but to me he is a tidy full back.  Does the simple things, defends well, nothing fancy, and no mistakes.  I don't ask for any more than that.  Monkhouse showed flashes of a good touch, and can and hopefully will improve with games.  Corners were awful though.  Roberts and Peacock are combining well, working with each other and always looking for each other.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 10:32:39 »

ball boys were actually the youth team! Jon Stewart was ball boy down by the Town End/North Stand!

I did notice Nicho gesticulating to keep the line at times, but more often than not it was Jamie Vincent barking things out loud.

really bugs me not being able to assess the game tactically from the TE...but then I couldn't go to a game and not be on my feet singing.

Anybody else notice on corners how Brezovan had nobody on the posts?! Not a case of language...that has to be tactics...just banking on having more men go to the ball and win it before them. I'd rather see men on the posts
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 16:23:05 »

Its Vincents job as a full back to call the line....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 16:29:37 »

No not necessarily. It's whoever is organising the back lines job to call the line. Personnaly I think that should be whoever plays deepest, usually one of the centre backs.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 16:31:56 »

Quote from: "Batch"
No not necessarily. It's whoever is organising the back lines job to call the line. Personnaly I think that should be whoever plays deepest, usually one of the centre backs.

Nope, its the full backs job to call the line, as they can see the other three defenders, and therefore the defensive line

A center back would have to look both ways and then would miss the game in front of him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 16:36:07 »

Sorry DV I don't agree.  If you aren't last man you have to check around anyway. If you are last man you can see what is ahead of you and make the call.

Full back is up field too much to do it.

Full back can see across the line and has to make sure not to drop too deep when the call comes (or doesn't).
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 16:39:00 »

Also full back is too far away from other full back to shout at, centre back looks one way then the other calls whoever is out of position back in to place, a la Tony Adams for the Arse and england.

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 17:37:13 »

Quote from: "DV85"

no it aint, it is a collective resposibility.and usually a cb will call the line up.having said that a left or right back has the least excuse for leaving a player onside due to having the best view across the line.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 20:23:22 »

you utter spaz it's not. full backs should be overlapping and supporting midfield so should never be relied on to call the line.

should be the most naturally deep (or slowest) of the centre halves. that is factomundo.

officially blacker than the night.
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 21:13:46 »

P. Brezovan - 7
J. Smith - 6
J. Vincent - 7
J. Ifil - 6
A. Nicholas - 7
R. Shakes - 7
A. Monkhouse - 6
M. Pook - 5
C. Weston 6
C. Roberts - 8*
L. Peacock - 7

R. Brownlie - 8
F. Onibuje - 7
P. Evans - 6

"Great save, Digby."
Dazzza

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 23:22:47 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Also full back is too far away from other full back to shout at, centre back looks one way then the other calls whoever is out of position back in to place, a la Tony Adams for the Arse and england.

a la Full Monty.  Cool

PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 11:15:38 »

Quote from: "Batch"

Nope, its the full backs job to call the line, as they can see the other three defenders, and therefore the defensive line

A center back would have to look both ways and then would miss the game in front of him.

Whenever i've played for teams, it's always one of the centre backs to call the line  :?  I play at left back and have never called the line before...

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 11:16:51 »

Quote from: "Mark Hanrahan"
P. Brezovan - 7
J. Smith - 6
J. Vincent - 7
J. Ifil - 6
A. Nicholas - 7
R. Shakes - 7
A. Monkhouse - 6
M. Pook - 5
C. Weston 6
C. Roberts - 8*
L. Peacock - 7

R. Brownlie - 8
F. Onibuje - 7
P. Evans - 6

Would have given Ifil and Evans higher marks there.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 11:47:38 »

Quote from: "Doore"
Does the simple things, defends well, nothing fancy, and no mistakes.  I don't ask for any more than that.

That's almost word for word the description of Vincent a Palce fan I know gave me of him.  

That's good enough for this level.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 19:10:12 »

To draw a line under the defence debate, john barnes said it was the center backs duty to look after the shape of the defence.

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: