Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wembley on the train  (Read 42868 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 18:40:43 »

Just got my train tickets, worked out at £18.20 each. You need to ask to go via Oxford. Although the Oxford to Paddington train runs through Didcot so you change at Didcot and get on the Oxford-Paddington train. They are group saver open ended tickets and include underground.

That's the slow one presumably that stops everywhere? Takes ages...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 18:45:49 »

Just had a look myself on the Train Line Website (www.thetrainline.com)

Swindon - Didcot (4 people) - £39.60 (£9.90 each Off Peak Day Return, not Groupsave)
Didcot - Reading (4 people) - £22.40 (£5.60 each Off Peak Day Return, not Groupsave)
Reading - London with Travelcard - £43.40 (£10.85 each Off Peak Day Travelcard Groupsave)

The first two tickets are not Group Saver but the last from Reading with a travelcard is; and yes it's £26.35 each.

No reason why you can't do this just make sure the trains stop at Didcot and Reading (not a problem for the latter)

Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 18:48:11 »

That's the slow one presumably that stops everywhere? Takes ages...

Leave Swindon at 8.26, arrive at Paddington at 10am. Extra 30 mins, but happy to sit on a train with a tinny or 2 then in the pub at Wembley before 11am. Will suit me fine.
Spencer_White

« Reply #138 on: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 19:31:57 »

Leave Swindon at 8.26, arrive at Paddington at 10am. Extra 30 mins, but happy to sit on a train with a tinny or 2 then in the pub at Wembley before 11am. Will suit me fine.

Thats a good idea. You wont even need to change at Didcot if a ticket inspector doesnt check your ticket between Swindon and Didcot.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 19:36:31 »

Fair enough, they've hurried it up a bit then, used to take nearly 40 mins extra just from Didcot to Paddington on its own

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 18:42:12 »

I see our two wonderful mp's have been on the case regarding First Great Western - and seems like they got told to mind their own business - or just plain old fuck off!!  Now they are asking us to write or e-mail to FGW asking for a rethink!!!  Perhaps said mp's would like to raise the matter in parliament with the Transport Secretary.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 18:45:36 »

I see our two wonderful mp's have been on the case regarding First Great Western - and seems like they got told to mind their own business - or just plain old fuck off!!  Now they are asking us to write or e-mail to FGW asking for a rethink!!!  Perhaps said mp's would like to raise the matter in parliament with the Transport Secretary.

Link?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 19:22:59 »

Link?
Reported in Adver tonight!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #143 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 19:29:03 »

What about The Star?
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 19:58:46 »

For all the stick people use to give British Rail one thing is certain, in such instances they would be proactive.

Run a few extra services, increase capacity on existing trains, maybe run a football special; unfortunately these days ae long gone.

FGW like most of the companies just look for excuses not to do anything; and generally what they come up with is bullsh*t.

I recall a year or two coming back from football on the train from Swindon; my service had been replaced by a bus. I wrote to FGW to complain as my Service was advertised as a train; I had a pretty good idea what the problem was (my father use to work on the railway).

First response was to apologise about the conduct of the Bus Driver (had no problem with him that was not my complaint)

Second response blamed Engineering work (The engineering work that day was between Didcot and Reading, the train I was catching was shutting between Didcot and Cheltenham so was unaffected by Engineering work)

Third response admitted the train had broken down. Finally got the truth, knew this was the most likey scenario as when the coach arrived at Kemble there was a train in the station heading to Swindon.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 20:13:50 »

I've just sent a complaint in via email as don't fancy getting a coach but don't wanna pay over the odds...would love it if town fans boycotted those money grabbing c@nts
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 21:39:21 »

Sounds like FGW have to earn as much as they can from train tickets to afford to pay the admin staff to reply to pointless fucking emails/letters from the likes of Jimbob and Gazza.

Spencer_White

« Reply #147 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 21:50:10 »

The train drivers dont want to do the overtime on a sunday.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 22:15:23 »

The local MP's would be better off trying to get a special to run from Swindon.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 14:47:46 »

Apparently our Club are meeting today with FGW to discuss having a special put on for the 25th.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: