Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wembley on the train  (Read 42238 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:19:56 »

Going to go from Bicester North direct into Wembley Stadium station (sadly 1 change on a Sunday), got ticket prices from Chiltern Railways and from the Trainline, National Rail enquiries indicate that with six of us travelling together we could get a group saver discount, how do I go about getting this as both the Trainline and Chiltern Railways do not mention it, but NRE claim I will save almost £50, but couldn't sell me tickets!!  Those of you who travel regularly by rail may well have the answer for me, I hope!! Hmmm
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:23:20 »

You need to add the Group Saver as a Railcard.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:23:33 »

From Crewkerne to Waterloo I have booked my ticket and it only cost me £23 not bad at all. Yes still have to get accross London but I am pretty pleased considering thats pretty much 150 miles each way.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:30:27 »

Swindon to Paddington with a travelcard is £18.20 each if bought as a Group Saver and split at Didcot.

Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 11:36:50 »

Going to go from Bicester North direct into Wembley Stadium station (sadly 1 change on a Sunday), got ticket prices from Chiltern Railways and from the Trainline, National Rail enquiries indicate that with six of us travelling together we could get a group saver discount, how do I go about getting this as both the Trainline and Chiltern Railways do not mention it, but NRE claim I will save almost £50, but couldn't sell me tickets!!  Those of you who travel regularly by rail may well have the answer for me, I hope!! Hmmm

You can use the First Great Westerns website to book the tickets. Like said before you just add the GroupSave as a railcard. Best to add GroupSave 3 twice so then you cover all six people. Although if you had 8 people going the total cost would be the same.

I'll be going via this route as well as i live in Bicester.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:41:12 »

Getting down from the north west on a Sunday is going to be an expensive nightmare, unless I push the boat out for an overnighter!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 12:44:32 »

Getting down from the north west on a Sunday is going to be an expensive nightmare, unless I push the boat out for an overnighter!

Train->Chesterfield, supporters coach to Wembley. Simple.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:11:31 »

You need to add the Group Saver as a Railcard.
Thanks Sam, that worked!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:14:12 »

You can use the First Great Westerns website to book the tickets. Like said before you just add the GroupSave as a railcard. Best to add GroupSave 3 twice so then you cover all six people. Although if you had 8 people going the total cost would be the same.

I'll be going via this route as well as i live in Bicester.
Cheers, I live in Swindon!!  Always find this is the best way to get to Wembley, no hassle, straight there, although there will be one change on the way there (Princes Risborough).
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:31:41 »

If you go to london get a return to didcot & then a 1 day travel pass then the cost goes down & the travel allows unlimited travel on the train tube & bus in London. A group 4 makes it £17.75 each
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:40:24 »

If you go to london get a return to didcot & then a 1 day travel pass then the cost goes down & the travel allows unlimited travel on the train tube & bus in London. A group 4 makes it £17.75 each

And make sure the train you get on actually stops at Didcot!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:41:36 »

Apart from the trains getting wrecked Smiley why isn't there specials laid on anymore. A special from Swindon would be ideal and I'm sure would be booked up quickly.?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:41:52 »

Any recommendations on good places to park on the outskirts and then jump on the tube?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:44:24 »

Any recommendations on good places to park on the outskirts and then jump on the tube?

By the Ace cafe has street parking nearby. You're then 2 tube stops from Wembley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 13:49:00 »

Depends how outskirts you are talking. Last time we parked at Hillingdon and got the Metropoliton line to Wembley Park (10 stations).

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: