Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wembley on the train  (Read 42872 times)
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 15:57:53 »

What a bunch of cunts. How much is a group saver from Gloucester or Cheltenham per person? You could just get on at Swindon anyway as you would have to change there if you were coming from one of the above.

You can actually do that with a normal anytime or off peak ticket including if they are in a group save. It's only a problem stopping short or starting short if it's an advanced ticket. 
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 16:27:32 »

One thing to watch out for those travelling on London Transport, some lines are occasionally shut for the whole weekend for engineering works, don't know whether anybody will be affected by this if LT decide to do major works on the lines.

The metropolitan line is shut through Wembley park that weekend but you can still use the Jubilee line to get there.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 16:30:44 »

Anyone know of any coaches going from Chippenham ?

From the Dark Side
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 16:48:11 »

The metropolitan line is shut through Wembley park that weekend but you can still use the Jubilee line to get there.
 Where did you get this info from according to the London Uderground official site they have no work planned on the Metropoltan line on the 25th march. I am planning to use this line from liverpool street

ome on you reds
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 16:50:09 »

Where did you get this info from according to the London Uderground official site they have no work planned on the Metropoltan line on the 25th march. I am planning to use this line from liverpool street

Very true! I was looking at the wrong date, sorry!
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 16:52:33 »

Megabus Outwards. Leaves at 9am Sainsburys Stratton and arrives at Victoria 11.
Megabus Returning. Leaves London Victoria at 8pm and returns back to Sainsburys at 10.
Quite a few of us on this. Only a fiver each way. Cheap as chips in light of FGW.

Now, ain't that just like me?
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 16:59:20 »

to the people that went from Hillindon, did you park at the underground or somewhere else?

anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 17:16:38 »

I have done some checking on the Trainline website for you folks traveling from swindon Off peak return from Swindon to Paddington £41.50 However if you buy  off peak return from swindon to Didcot parkway its £9.00 then Didcot to Paddington is £22.50 making a total of £31.50 return, also from Didcot you can purchase an off peak return to paddington plus an off peak day london travelcard( valid on train,bus or underground) from Didcot for £26,50 ,so you so you can get from Swindon to Wembleyfor £35.50 return. Just make sure the train you use stops at didcot both ways

ome on you reds
fatbasher

« Reply #83 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 19:59:21 »

I knew those thieving bastards at FGW would hike up the ticket prices as soon as people started to book after we confirmed out place at Wembley. Car, Uxbridge town centre and walk through to the tube station straight on to Wembley Park with no changes. After the last trip to Wembley we were home just after 7pm.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 20:23:44 »

Good job ill go from banbury then
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 20:30:29 »

I like train trips on footy days,but why anyone would go by train to this one seeing as the prices are shit,it is going to be rammed and police everywhere is beyond me.
Not into the coach trips on the whole but for this one it will be.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #86 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 20:31:22 »

Got my train tickets through the post this morning £30 B'mth-Waterloo
woolster

« Reply #87 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 20:33:24 »

I like train trips on footy days,but why anyone would go by train to this one seeing as the prices are shit,it is going to be rammed and police everywhere is beyond me.
Not into the coach trips on the whole but for this one it will be.
your 2 extra seats have been sorted next to the toilet Wink

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 20:34:57 »

I only ever travel to away games by train nowadays. I like it as I can do it how I want to. With coaches you have to go when and where is decided for you.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 20:37:21 »

Good job ill go from banbury then
Just check there's no engineering works on the day Tans.  Bicester North through to Banbury has been served by buses for the past few weekends!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: