Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42753 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 17:56:58 »

First half fairly average and was a sucker punch to concede right after scoring but that second half was a joke. Totally ineffective and no real chance of note.

The 'strength' of our bench today was fucking abysmal. The sooner Ranger is back in the mix the better because we really do look lost without his presence upfront.

Impressed with Orient - reminded me of a Di Canio away performance. Strong at the back, well organised, niggling fouls to disrupt the match and wind up the home support and they took the piss overall. Good side.

McEveley had a tough time but was up against their best player.

Anyone else think the Orient 2nd was a Kasim own goal? He looked dis-interested today for me and his range of passing was really lacking.

Wasn't impressed with some of Cooper's pre match comments, we are in League 1 ffs not the top flight.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #136 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 17:59:36 »

I thought we were shit. There was no width and Orient looked as though they would score every time they attacked. I'd struggle to pick a MOM. Our defence really is a total fucking shambles. Orient were fitter, stronger, wanted it more and a bigger bunch of cheating cunts than we were.
We got what we deserved. We missed Ranger as we had no focal point in attack. N'Guessan was dogshit today. Pritchard was wank. Ward and Hall were the Chuckle Brothers ably assisted by Nathan.
Now for some beer. Oh what for a Foley type character.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:05:46 »

Very worrying for me today,lot of our better players like Pritchard and Kasim were awfull.
Our fitness looks poor to me all Orient players looked faster and more up for it than our lot today.
Was really disapointed by that showing today to be frank.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:06:04 »

Ummmmmmm
Garbage
Thats all I can manage for now
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:09:33 »

Orient really didn't have to play well to beat us today - they were helped by the ref to a certain extent, he blew for a foul every time they went down, rolling around yet we hardly got anything.  But take nothing away from them they were bigger, fitter and stronger than us and showed us up as not really being good enough.  No pattern to our play, no hold-up, no driving into the box, we were poor.  Their no. 4 ran the game and - sadly for us - ran the ref as well.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:12:09 »

Forgot to say that Cuthbert today was outstanding for them,and no billy big bollox either....lot of credit to him in my opinion.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:12:52 »

What a waste of money. Only made better by meeting the London Reds in The Great Western pre-match. Shame I couldn't join them for the Froch bout later. enjoy the night lads
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:15:40 »

For the first 20 minutes it looked like we were in for a good match. Ajose missed a sitter, then we took the lead. As a team what we did next was criminal but not unheard of. We switch off and straight from the kickoff it was over Thompsons head, Wes was in no-mans-land and it was 1-1.

From that point on we were on the back foot against a better team, and even though the Orient goals were crap - they earned them. In contrast our back four get a lot of criticism, but in truth having a soft centre isn't just a back four issue. The midfield is skillful but is not offering the same level of protection that we had last year.

Continuing in the second half we lost the midfield battle and while we probed and huffed and puffed the truth is Orient could have had a couple more had Fods not made a couple pf good saves and had the Orient attack not turned a bit Laurel and Hardey in front of goal.

So no complaints, we got what we deserved. If I were to summarise I don't think Orient fully showed why they are where they are, yet we did show why we won't go up if we don't sort it out.
------
Now for two special (Olympics) mentions:

1. Their #10 was the biggest moaning twat I've seen for a while. Spent half his time on his arse, half his time moaning about it.

2. The ref - I've never seen the play stopped (head injury) with us in possession midway in their half, only for play to be restarted with an uncontested drop ball at their keepers feet. And I swear yoGabbaGabba was brought down in the box too. Looked a pen to me.

3. McEveley was getting a lot of stick from some fans, and praise from others. But I think it sums up his game. Lots of good things and the odd not so good. IMHO he was our best defender. Shame he lost it and went on a mission to get a red - why other with the blatant second yellow when so near the end of the match and 3-1 down.

4. Based on what I've seen. Pritchard, championship. You're having a laugh. Undoubted skill is masking his shortcomings (no pun intended). Oh for a wide man that can actually beat a player. Or can spot a pass without having to run 40 yards with the ball at his feet first. I think he can come good, now is the time that he needs to do it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:23:54 »

Absolute shite today.

That is all.

Nothing more to say.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:26:30 »

Thought el gabas looked lively. Never a penalty though.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:27:55 »

Thought el gabas looked lively. Never a penalty though.

Looked tripped from behind to me. Would like to see a decent replay of it, which we'll never get.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:40:01 »

What a waste of money. Only made better by meeting the London Reds in The Great Western pre-match. Shame I couldn't join them for the Froch bout later. enjoy the night lads

In the great western? most normally head for the gluey. must have been Mark for one desperate for a strongbow would be my first guess?
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:47:32 »

I don't think it happened.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:50:51 »

I tend to head there first when on the train, but didn't go today and now and again a couple of the others pop in, but normally its the gluey or the tap.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 18:52:26 »

I don't think it happened.

Fair assumption, they were the voices in Dosser's head
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: