Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37272 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 16:39:44 »

I think that people will take time to develop an affinity with the new team. I think most have felt somewhere between mildly detached and utterly disillusioned at some point in the last few months. The more we watch this group of players, the more we will identify with them and the more vocal I think you'll see the crowd become.

You've hit the nail on the head for me.  The majority are complete strangers and I'm still getting to grips with names and numbers.  I've always had a few players in a Town team that I particularly like and at the moment I'm not familiar enough with them.  I imagine others are the same?

I cheered when Ranger scored, but couldn't quite bring myself to cheer when his name was read out as goalscorer.  I don't know whether that might change? Also I think I'm in the minority, but I really don't rate Byrne at the moment.  He's too small and lightweight and just gets pushed off the ball too easily.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 16:48:24 »

without buying a program sometimes diifficult to know who is who at times I agree
Getting there after 4 games but we keep bringing new ones in 

Shit tannoy in DRS didnt help when came to substitutions on saturday - just a muffled mess
Only guessed Ajose by squad number
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 16:51:13 »

without buying a program sometimes diifficult to know who is who at times I agree
Getting there after 4 games but we keep bringing new ones in 

Shit tannoy in DRS didnt help when came to substitutions on saturday - just a muffled mess
Only guessed Ajose by squad number

The tannoy/PA system has got considerably worse....new advertising boards look sparkly though  Cool

Roaming the land while you sleep..
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 16:56:51 »

new advertising boards look sparkly though  Cool

Only seem to advertise club related stuff tho - myworld mostly still any extra income is usefull
Not sure about the vehicle backed screen corner of the arkells and bank
Seems a waste of space that
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 16:59:37 »

The tannoy/PA system has got considerably worse....new advertising boards look sparkly though  Cool

The bloke doing it now is awful, just seems to shout really loudly.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 17:22:41 »

TAKE THE MIC AWAY FROM YOUR MOUTH!!!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 17:34:52 »

Yesterday was Mark Issacs, Stadium Manager, who was on the mic before kick off and half time, have to agree he was a bit shouty.
kerry red

« Reply #247 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 17:48:03 »

There must have been a village missing its idiot yesterday with the inane comments shouted from behind me all afternoon.

The comic genius with gems such as:

'Great haircut, linesman'

and

'Those coloured boots must have cost a fortune'

Someone shoot me
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #248 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 17:52:00 »

I think that people will take time to develop an affinity with the new team. I think most have felt somewhere between mildly detached and utterly disillusioned at some point in the last few months. The more we watch this group of players, the more we will identify with them and the more vocal I think you'll see the crowd become.
That's a good point and sums me up. I was worried about being Spurs bitches and still am to an extent. What has impressed me about the 4 is their workrate. If they're her to put themselves in the shop window then they're going about it the right way. Pritchard has talent and he now seems to be working for the team. Mason is class. Hall is a young lad playing in a very difficult position where every fuck up is noticed and he's made a few but you can see he's a good player. Luongo I'm happy we've signed as at times he is a league above.
Kasim is just bloody brilliant. I'm not a fan of Jeds or Powers but I'd kiss their arse if they were the ones that spotted him.
I didn't cheer when Ranger scored as I still think we should have stayed clear and it will be interesting to see how things pan out over the coming months. On the football front though he brings a lot to the party - possibly not the best expression.
I'm hoping this team gel sufficiently in the coming months as playing this style of football could be problematical if we have to play on the shitpits in winter that are Orient or Colchester. Will the younger players have the legs to go 90 minutes on bogs. Will we play a different style.
For now though the team have exceeded my expectations and Kasim alone is digging me out of a serious piss with the club.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 18:02:00 »

There must have been a village missing its idiot yesterday with the inane comments shouted from behind me all afternoon.

The comic genius with gems such as:

'Great haircut, linesman'

In the DRS ?
Heard that too
I was in row U and he was behind me somewhere
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 18:09:28 »

Ha, I heard some moron shout "Get a haircut, linesman!". I sit near the back of the DRS, Stratton Bank side.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 18:12:51 »

Good post Mr shorts.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 18:13:39 »

I think the fact there are a number of players with Spurs links at the club, whether it be current loanees from Spurs, former youngsters or those who have just joined us permanently from their ranks, has been beneficial insofar as they have all settled in quicker than if we'd had a bunch of kids from various clubs. Their impact has been immediate.

Dozno9

« Reply #253 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 18:34:40 »

Ha, I heard some moron shout "Get a haircut, linesman!". I sit near the back of the DRS, Stratton Bank side.

I heard that too. I bet he loves a bald ref just for that joke.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 20:33:29 »

no, a bald ref or linesman is called "curly", anything else is called "wanker" or "cunt" unless it's woman in which case it's called "clit frigger" or " oh yes, you do have a cunt, how nice"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: