Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37430 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 11:22:23 »

I think all of you should write a letter of apology to Jed and co and ask for forgiveness for your appalling behaviour during per season.  You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
Doh Doh Crying Crying Clap Clap
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 12:38:13 »

Very little to add to what's been said - only to say, from the moment we went ahead, that was an absolute pleasure to watch. Kasim and Mason were fantastic. Mason's first touch is always into space - he will be vital this year.

I also think we look so much better with Jay McEveley at he back. He links well with the winger and always shows as an easy option for a short ball, but he also drags their players wide to leave space inside, which Pritchard exploited. A huge improvement on Byrne at full back. Byrne is far more effective in that front 3, and played well, but with N'guessan, Ajose and El Gabbas now on the books, I would be surprised if we see much more of him there.

Totally agree with this, although there was still an element of the crowd who were getting on his back when he made an error.  Completely unnecessary and unfair.  Byrne was more effective on the right, because he has no left foot whatsoever. 
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 13:12:18 »

Ranger just makes such a difference with his ability to bring the others into play. Going to be even more key later in the season against sides or on pitches where we can't play our passing game as easily.

Main immediate transfer target should be a top class lawyer...

Also couldn't agree more with Kasim praise, could watch his creation of the third goal all day long.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 13:48:37 »

I reckon ranger will be found guilty but won't get a prison sentence. There will then be a dilemma on if we keep him or not.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 13:55:20 »

I reckon ranger will be found guilty but won't get a prison sentence. There will then be a dilemma on if we keep him or not.

Guilty of rape and no prison sentence  Shut Up

Ask Ched

Lets hope he is innocent
Or come january he will be gone and Ajose loan ended so back to being light upfront
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 13:59:14 »

commence "debate" on the leniency of the justice system in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 14:00:49 »

Can you play football if you have a tag on? Serious question and what are the implications?

He's innocent until proven guilty.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #232 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 14:04:15 »

Can you play football if you have a tag on? Serious question and what are the implications?

They wouldn't tag him if he was found guilty of rape, straight to prison.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 14:04:53 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sport/football/604637.stm

Against us, as it happens.

Pennant more recently in 2005 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4405531.stm
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 14:05:29 »

Yeah you can play with a tag on - been done
Think the first was a good few years ago now

Implications are, doubt would be able to play evening games due to curfew restrictions
Possibly wouldnt be able to play away games where travel back would be after curfew either
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 15:43:27 »

And like the first cuckoo of spring, I'm sure I heard the murmurings of 'We are Cooper's Red and White Army' during the game yesterday!!

Praise indeed!
Town End sung it a few times second half. DRS didn't join in, but then DRS is getting more and more like God's Waiting Room (aka the Arkells) every week - difficult to hear any singing over the sound of disgruntled grumbling and the shuffling of tartan rugs.
Dozno9

« Reply #236 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 15:46:56 »

Town End sung it a few times second half. DRS didn't join in, but then DRS is getting more and more like God's Waiting Room (aka the Arkells) every week - difficult to hear any singing over the sound of disgruntled grumbling and the shuffling of tartan rugs.

The whole ground is quieter than it has been for years, better in 2nd half.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 15:57:57 »

The whole ground is quieter than it has been for years, better in 2nd half.
True dat.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 15:59:13 »

Can't add much more that what has been said. Only thing I'd say is that Ajose looked a handful, and I think he should (and will) replace Byrne as that right sided winger (Barthram dropping out of the matchday squad). McEveley should retain the LB spot for the foreseeable future.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, September 1, 2013, 16:00:51 »

I think that people will take time to develop an affinity with the new team. I think most have felt somewhere between mildly detached and utterly disillusioned at some point in the last few months. The more we watch this group of players, the more we will identify with them and the more vocal I think you'll see the crowd become.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: