Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The thread for petrolheads  (Read 18686 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 20:41:46 »

The current flashmobile is Leon FR....

170 brake in a car that size....is quick enough for me.

But feels like I've been kicked up the arse after a long journey...

Clems Army!
Talk Talk

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 23:03:16 »

Yes A mate had a Corrado VR6 and I just wanted to lick it. Gorgeous car, fantastic engine. Even more so back then.

My oldest boy has a K reg Corrado VR6. He loves it to bits and spends hours fixing the fucking thing. He has a supercharger in his garage waiting for attention.

I know this is direct contradiction to the 'petrol' part of the title but http://mashable.com/2015/01/27/tesla-insane-button/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

I love how a company puts 'Insane' as an option. I love how effortless and silent the acceleration is. I love everything about the Tesla S and want one desperately.

Tesla's are all the rage in Norway where I work (eco bullshit, yawn etc), I think that they sell more than than anywhere else in the world apart from the US. My boss is a real petrol head and has just bought one, the equivalent of £80k in NOKs  Eek . Sorry, but a family saloon is just not worth that even if it does 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds.

Also, it doesn't make any bloody noise unlike a real car. Like the Lotus Esprit 3.5 litre V8 350bhp twin turbo I just bought. It's way faster than a Tesla, 0 to 60 in 4.4 seconds and 175mph top end. In metallic British racing green with a tan leather interior too. Apart from taking a road sign out and smashing the front end to bits after hitting a patch of ice on Saturday evening after nine days of owning it, it's awesome  Crying
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 23:06:54 by Talk Talk » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 23:22:39 »

Last 4 cars.
Civic type r prem 200 horses. Superb engine and box
Focus ST 2.5 turbo 225 horses. Great 3rd gear  Eek
Leon fr 2.0 turbo. Ok, didn't like poor road surfaces.
Mini cooper s turbo, great fun. Least power in a few years but a great drive.
Civic is a tough car to beat as a driver's car.
Talk Talk

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 23:33:27 »

Nah. That's not a Mini, it's a BMW. This is what you need, an ERA. A proper car:

http://www.eraturbo.co.uk/
Barry Scott

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 23:36:16 »

My oldest boy has a K reg Corrado VR6. He loves it to bits and spends hours fixing the fucking thing. He has a supercharger in his garage waiting for attention.

Which reminds me of the, rAre as rocking horse shit, G60. Available in both Golf and Ccorrado variants, with the earlier golf even having flared intergrale style arches. That'll be a beaut if he gets it bolted on.

And the Esprit makes me feel old, because I still think of it as quite new, even though. It's surely now a classic. I still remember reading about it when it first came out in Performance Car and knocking one out over it finally getting a proper engine.
Talk Talk

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 23:41:27 »

And the Esprit makes me feel old, because I still think of it as quite new, even though. It's surely now a classic. I still remember reading about it when it first came out in Performance Car and knocking one out over it finally getting a proper engine.

I'm with you Barry. I have wanted one ever since they came out in 1976 when I was a 16 year old puppy. The last one, a V8, was made in 2004 so only 10 years ago. I saw this one on eBay and just had to have it, a lifelong ambition. Finally. So ok, it will get fixed on the insurance and I am never ever going to let go of it. You can feel people's eyes burning into your back at the petrol station, "flash cunt" but to be honest it was the same price to buy as my good lady's brand new Vauxhall.

The running costs however...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 23:42:17 »

Last 4 cars.
Civic type r prem 200 horses. Superb engine and box
Focus ST 2.5 turbo 225 horses. Great 3rd gear  Eek
Leon fr 2.0 turbo. Ok, didn't like poor road surfaces.
Civic is a tough car to beat as a driver's car.

Do you live oppo the bloke with two golden retrievers?

Clems Army!
Talk Talk

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 23:50:02 »

Which reminds me of the, rAre as rocking horse shit, G60. Available in both Golf and Ccorrado variants, with the earlier golf even having flared intergrale style arches. That'll be a beaut if he gets it bolted on.

There's a G60 Corrado running around in West Swindon that I have frequently seen around Bridgemead which my lad also knows about. I also saw a 16V in Calne a few months back. They really are specials now, although personally I would rather have a second generation GTX 16V Scirocco...  Smiley
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 23:55:21 »

Chap near me had an old Silver Scirocco for years, and had attached a big black plastic grill to the rear window so it looked like a DeLorean. Was brilliant.
Talk Talk

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 23:56:50 »

Chap near me had an old Silver Scirocco for years, and had attached a big black plastic grill to the rear window so it looked like a DeLorean. Was brilliant.

With compulsory flux capacitor under the tailgate window?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 00:00:36 »

How many of you on this are knocking one out whilst reading/typing?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 00:10:27 »

Do you live oppo the bloke with two golden retrievers?

Nope
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 00:13:38 »

Nah. That's not a Mini, it's a BMW. This is what you need, an ERA. A proper car:

http://www.eraturbo.co.uk/

Yeah, I know it's a beemer but I had the original mini (first car) and loved it 998cc about 42hp, great car. Seen some original mini conversions with type r engines. Wow.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 00:15:15 »

There's a G60 Corrado running around in West Swindon that I have frequently seen around Bridgemead which my lad also knows about. I also saw a 16V in Calne a few months back. They really are specials now, although personally I would rather have a second generation GTX 16V Scirocco...  Smiley

I believe the G60 was supercharged?
Talk Talk

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 00:30:10 »

I believe the G60 was supercharged?

Yes it was, the supercharged 1.8 litre G60 was 160 brake, whereas the naturally aspirated European VR6 version was 192bhp. Put a supercharger on that and lordy lordy...

The "bog standard" 16v model was 136bhp, although there were later variants, two litre etc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: