Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 125239 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:16:50 »

Ells Power us bleeding us dry, you don't think he is?

Bleeding us dry of what???
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:20:55 »

I'm trying to work out who you are as GL5 is Stroud so I'm guessing you are on the Gloucester train which I'm on quite a lot. The vocal majority on that train that I speak to have no time for Cooper anymore which is understandable but I've not really heard much rhetoric aimed at Power and they are generally too pissed up to make much sense.
Unless of course you're discussing your views with the likes of Barry, Brian and Rose who will just agree with whatever you say as they don't have a clue what day of the week it is yet alone know anything about football. So your 'everyone on the train' argument isn't exactly proof of a 'majority'.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:36:24 »

On the train, yes.

Well, in that section of that carriage of that train.

We need a Venn diagram.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Barry Scott

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:37:23 »

Obviously he is. We used to make so much profit before his arrival and it's annoying how quickly people forget how wildly profitable football outside the premiership is.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:39:41 »

Questions to put forward:
1. How do you respond to those saying that you have sold all of our assets and replaced them with cheap, inferior players?

2. Can you clarify Mark Cooper's role? There are rumours that he is does your bidding and that you are more involved in managing the side than most chairmen. Is this true?

3. Does Mark Cooper have a rolling 12 month contract?

4. Would you consider replacing the manager if we are facing relegation?

5. Does your footballing model work no matter what division we are in?

6. Is there any truth in the rumour that you are keen to obtain only attacking players as that it where you can turn around a profit?

7. Are you worried about the performances and results this year?

8. With your recruitment policy you are likely to unearth successes as well as failures. What do you think is an acceptable ratio?

9. Do you think Brendan Rodgers departure will affect what players we have this season?

10. Can we have a bit more news/information coming from the club please!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:42:00 »

When things go wrong on the pitch it has to be somebody's fault - usually the manager.

As a lot of us actually have a bit of sympathy for Cooper, albeit having now come to the conclusion a change is needed, Power (or any old Chairman/owner will do) is next in line.

It's understandable. Nobody really has a clue as to how the club is being run behind the scene so, again, poor performance on the pitch is easily transferred to boardroom shenanigans.

I still maintain the players brought in are more than good enough for us to have a half decent season - given the right leadership and direction.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:43:59 »

Questions to put forward:
1. How do you respond to those saying that you have sold all of our assets and replaced them with cheap, inferior players?

2. Can you clarify Mark Cooper's role? There are rumours that he is does your bidding and that you are more involved in managing the side than most chairmen. Is this true?

3. Does Mark Cooper have a rolling 12 month contract?

4. Would you consider replacing the manager if we are facing relegation?

5. Does your footballing model work no matter what division we are in?

6. Is there any truth in the rumour that you are keen to obtain only attacking players as that it where you can turn around a profit?

7. Are you worried about the performances and results this year?

8. With your recruitment policy you are likely to unearth successes as well as failures. What do you think is an acceptable ratio?

9. Do you think Brendan Rodgers departure will affect what players we have this season?

10. Can we have a bit more news/information coming from the club please!
If I  get on I'll put forward a couple of them.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:47:16 »

The club right now is depressing, attendances will reflect this, but hey you guys carry on with those blinkers and look forward to the next singing from Melksham Town.

I recall when MBoro were locked out of Ayresome Park, playing at Hartlepool, so they signed Archie Stephens who'd started at Melksham....he and Bernie Slaven scored the goals that got the Smoggies promoted, a place above us in 86/87.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:48:19 »

If I  get on I'll put forward a couple of them.
Yes could be a que tonight, others have been abit slow, although I'm sure you'll get on!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:50:23 »

Yes could be a que tonight, others have been abit slow, although I'm sure you'll get on!

que?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:52:36 »

que?

Queue?
corner

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:53:06 »

que?
Yes queue
Flashheart

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 15:01:31 »

Qué?
Skinny Pete

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 15:03:35 »

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 15:13:56 »

PaulD, first and foremost i may be many things and may post heat of the moment that is because i care.  However you call me a keyboard warrior, may i suggest next home i am attend we meet up for a beer and a chat, you can come on here and describe me, i promise you keyboard warrior will not be the description.  Let me know where you would be convenient for you, geniune offer as well, i will even buy first round.
I've got a better idea - email your obviously very genuine concerns into the phone-in this evening and ask the man who can address them. Buying me a pint will achieve nothing, shaking Lee Power's tree might. It might set your mind at rest, or it might prove to the rest of us that you're right to be concerned.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: