Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fuck Coate Water  (Read 6830 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 19:55:13 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
I will wait for a talk talk rant

No, no rant.

The UoB was never about being interested in Swindon. Only in themselves and attracting a lot more overseas students.

There was fuck all in it for potential undergraduates from Swindon.

It was never about not wanting a university - only that the site was completely wrong.

I don't care what anybody says - Coate Water, the Jefferies landscape and the closeness to the Marlborough Downs are one of the few assets that Swindon has and that many many people love and enjoy. Too good to lose.

I see it as an opportunity to do what should have been (and was!) proposed in the first place. Which is to build a campus at North Star instead of yet more houses as the New Swindon Company intends. Either get Oxford Brookes uni in - they have always been waiting in the wings - or with the soon to be merged Swindon College and New College (NC already offer Foundation Degrees) to build our own university organically.

So, Bath University and Prof Glynnis Breakwell, Les Durrant of DPDS, Redrow & Persimmon Homes. I bet you have all spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on this.

FUCK OFF and take Mike Bastard Bawden and Councillor Barrie Thompson with you.

Amen to that.  Cheesy
flammableBen

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 20:24:53 »

I've changed my mind. They should build a theme park over it. That would be ace.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 21:29:50 »

Im in agreemnet with talk talk (dont faint) and Reg to some degree.  What teh town would be worth doing is building a university and halls of residents behind the court on teh old police station.  Re vamp the Wyvern and spend money on Coate and create a university that covers performing arts and wildlife stuff.  I expect we will have another 5000 2 bed flats (I should love that in my job but fuck me how to ruin a local property market - flood it with 2 bed flats due to teh inability to work out what building regs are needed at local planning level)

The problem is this town just doesnt think enough

flammableBen

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 22:32:58 »

Being the fickle person I am I agree with talk talk and reg a bit as well. But Swindon is in desperate need for something to inject a bit of variety/culture/life (whatever you want to call it) into it and a university could do that. I agree that plastering another lifeless suburb over Coate probably isn't the way to go about it though.

A City campus university would definitely be better.

I still think that Coate Water should be turned into a mental theme park though.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 22:55:05 »

It could do with a legalised brothel/spliff den IMHO
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 15:12:10 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "Give_us_an_S"
What ever happened to the pedalos and the mini train?

The mini-trains still there - runs weekends and school holidays. My lads love it! And, erm, I only go on to make sure they're safe obviously  Oops

Ace, im going down there at the weekend!! Choooo Choooo!
lebowski

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 18:04:12 »

that crazy golf course really needs a windmill hole
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 08:29:51 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
My old man used to take me to Coate Water and Lydiard Park every Sunday in the summer. It was ace, some of my fave childhood memories are there Cool

I feel nostalgic now you cunts.

Me and my sister used to go in the summer with my grandparents when we was nippers, great childhood memories of the place.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
land_of_bo

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 09:07:36 »

Used to go there when bunking off college doing my a-levels. Get the college bus to new college, walk to coate, play cards and footy, walk back to get college bus back home.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 04:25:40 »

I dont want Coate built on myself either but what gets my goat is when you get oiks like Jean Saunders from Friends of the Earth butting in on all things Swindon Planning when she lives in fuckin Farringdon. Aint she got bigger battles to fight which involve a large slice of the Thames Valley being flooded in her own back yard.?

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: