Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fuck Coate Water  (Read 6855 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 17:23:30 »

My old man used to take me to Coate Water and Lydiard Park every Sunday in the summer. It was ace, some of my fave childhood memories are there Cool

I feel nostalgic now you cunts.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 17:29:16 »

Coate water would just end up full of traffic cones if there was a University !

I think the ideal place for a Universtiy would be near j17 of the M4...
Spud

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 17:54:22 »

I can remember one summer a few mates i used to knock about with dived into the Lake at Coate & some swallowed that foamy shit, i still can't believe they survived.  :shock:

They should have bought the 'I SURVIVED THE COATE WATER FOAM' t-shirts.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 17:55:17 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Its still ther OST......its only closed because the water iis dangerous.

Absoulutely marvellous. It reassuring to know in these ever changing times, that some things will never, ever change Cool

If only that were true.....SBC a few years back in their infinite stupidity wanted to blow up the diving platfrom...there was a bit of public outrage, which pointed out to blow it up would cost money whereas leaving it would cost nothing.

I've never forgiven the cunts for knocking down the hot house in Queens Park.   Brilliant thing.....my kids as nippers were fascinated by the cacti with the mural of the desert behind it and the terrapins in the pond.....probably the sort of thing which prevented them becoming  solvent sniffing taggers.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 18:04:51 »

I think we should keep Coate water too. It needs to be refurbished a bit though. Cant beat a bit of pitch n putt and crazeeeeeeeee golf. What ever happened to the pedalos and the mini train?

However on the plus side for a university it does bring lots of nice young girlies who are up for any thing!!! I would like to take them to Coate water for some fun.

Soapy Tit Wank
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 18:10:34 »

It was never about the uni - it was a business park and 2000+ housing development with a uni tacked on to ram it thru planning. A lot like the Asda Walmart deal that was what lay behind MKFranchise. If we do need a uni, it should be a town centre campus.

<declares interest>The edge of the housing estate was going to be right outside my front window - in fact the last set of developer plans has a dual carriageway access road going through either my lounge or kitchen. But it was still a shit idea and I'm well chuffed it failed even if it means I don't get to cash in on a CPO!</declares interest>
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 18:21:48 »

Quote from: "Give_us_an_S"
What ever happened to the pedalos and the mini train?

The mini-trains still there - runs weekends and school holidays. My lads love it! And, erm, I only go on to make sure they're safe obviously  Oops
sonic youth

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 18:57:22 »

What's wrong with the water? Is it full of AIDS?
flammableBen

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 19:01:57 »

You're all wrong and I don't even care about the university any more, I just want coate water destroyed. Mwa ha ha ha ha.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 19:28:23 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
What's wrong with the water? Is it full of AIDS?

have you seen the colour of it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 19:38:26 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
You're all wrong and I don't even care about the university any more, I just want coate water destroyed. Mwa ha ha ha ha.

Are you sat there stroking a pussy?  Obviously of the feline variety, as you crazed megalomaniacs never get the birds.
sonic youth

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 19:38:34 »

Not been there for about ten years Sebbo, is it bright purple?
flammableBen

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 19:41:24 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "flammableBen"

Are you sat there stroking a pussy?  Obviously of the feline variety, as you crazed megalomaniacs never get the birds.

I'm allergic to cat's so I think my career as a crazed megalomaniac might be off to a bad start.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 19:45:31 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Not been there for about ten years Sebbo, is it bright purple?

I think we should hold an unofficial TEF barbeque sometime probably in the late spring at Coate Water.....FB can provide burgers, we could have a pitch and putt/crazy golf  tournament....bird watching for the interested and pedalo races.

Supplies could be easilty ferried from Chez Davis (not Che Guevara) and al fresco beerage taken from  The Sun....
TalkTalk

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 19:52:47 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
I will wait for a talk talk rant

No, no rant.

The UoB was never about being interested in Swindon. Only in themselves and attracting a lot more overseas students.

There was fuck all in it for potential undergraduates from Swindon.

It was never about not wanting a university - only that the site was completely wrong.

I don't care what anybody says - Coate Water, the Jefferies landscape and the closeness to the Marlborough Downs are one of the few assets that Swindon has and that many many people love and enjoy. Too good to lose.

I see it as an opportunity to do what should have been (and was!) proposed in the first place. Which is to build a campus at North Star instead of yet more houses as the New Swindon Company intends. Either get Oxford Brookes uni in - they have always been waiting in the wings - or with the soon to be merged Swindon College and New College (NC already offer Foundation Degrees) to build our own university organically.

So, Bath University and Prof Glynnis Breakwell, Les Durrant of DPDS, Redrow & Persimmon Homes. I bet you have all spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on this.

FUCK OFF and take Mike Bastard Bawden and Councillor Barrie Thompson with you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: