Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Carlisle United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33019 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #285 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 10:02:05 »

Oh right thanks, didn't see that. The word got about today that an England representative was there watching Wes, anyone else hear this?
He was indeed.

Martin Thomas the goalkeeping coach for the England U21s the ex Rovers, Newcastle and Birmingham keeper ex Wales international.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 10:31:37 »

Yes....and Nick Watkins knows about it.

Based on a phone call I just received, I'd expect BBC Radio to be all over this on Monday morning, seems they have picked up on the tweet and want to push it.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 10:44:56 »

He was indeed.

Martin Thomas the goalkeeping coach for the England U21s the ex Rovers, Newcastle and Birmingham keeper ex Wales international.

would not go overboard too much? Carlise keeper is highly rated also.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 10:59:24 »

We still have to play 8 of the current top 10 away.

I'm wondering if that's more of a hindrance to them than to us. Bournemouth should be a good indicator.

Better for us because a home team cannot sit back and frustrate like when they come to the CG.

I really want to fuck B'mouth up ...really bad!

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #289 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 11:37:28 »

would not go overboard too much? Carlise keeper is highly rated also.
Nobody is going overboard it was a statement that the U21 keeper was at the game, nobody has read anything into it.

And anyway Wes has only let in 4 goals in 10 games....whereas the Carlisle keeper has conceded 21 in the same number of games.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 11:45:10 »

I noticed in the goals from yesterday the amount of red shirts we are getting into the box now. I remember games from earlier in the season where the wing backs/wingers were chucking the ball into the box and there was only 1 red shirt in the box. For Collins goal, there were 4 waiting for Ritchie's cross and the same for De Vita's goal. Martin was gutted when the ball fell to Rafa and not him!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 15:51:59 »

Based on a phone call I just received, I'd expect BBC Radio to be all over this on Monday morning, seems they have picked up on the tweet and want to push it.

Thanks for the heads up. They've been in touch even though I'm not available. Hopefully another Trust board member will be available.

By the way, if anyone want's to donate to the RAF, please find the details here :

http://www.truststfc.com/raf/contribute/

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 17:57:19 »

Just watched the highlights, and can see why the carlisle commentators were so impressed! Brilliant first goal from Williams, and the control on his second was great. We seem to be passing the ball about with real confidence and class, making space, and really working to make every opportunity count.

The main benefit of the last few games is that there's now much less pressure going into the Bournemouth game. Even if we lose, we're still in the play-off spots and in sight of the top two.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 18:07:02 »

Just watched the highlights, and can see why the carlisle commentators were so impressed! Brilliant first goal from Williams, and the control on his second was great. We seem to be passing the ball about with real confidence and class, making space, and really working to make every opportunity count.

The main benefit of the last few games is that there's now much less pressure going into the Bournemouth game. Even if we lose, we're still in the play-off spots and in sight of the top two.

Still haven't seen the goals. Are they available on iplayer or tinterweb anyway? Cheers.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 18:09:16 »

Still haven't seen the goals. Are they available on iplayer or tinterweb anyway? Cheers.

here you go. http://www1.skysports.com/footballleague/league-one
Flashheart

« Reply #295 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 18:17:05 »

Williams' 1st is sexy
Peter Venkman

« Reply #296 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 18:18:23 »

Williams' 1st is sexy
He did take it brilliantly, one of the best goals so far this season IMO.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 18:24:42 »

I could watch that again and again and again. Awesome.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
nochee

« Reply #298 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 18:27:08 »

I could watch that again and again and again. Awesome.

The slow and bored sounding commentator really adds to the excitement.  Roll Eyes
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 18:32:35 »

Gazzaesque
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: