Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale FC vs Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44189 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 20:40:16 »

The Greer situation certainly highlights that Fitton's approach of every player we sign being an investment, who's value will increase more than the wages we pay out, can't always work. Sometimes you need to sink money in return for a footballer.

I think we need to remember that while Andrew Fitton is a very experienced and astute business man, as a football club chairman he is a rookie. He is on a steep learning curve and it may well be that he now thinks that selling Greer was a big mistake (or maybe he doesn't) and if a similar situation arose in the future he may handle it completely differently. However good you are as a business man in the 'real world', I would imagine that nothing can prepare you for the world of football. In that respect, Mr Fitton I would suggest is still finding his feet. He's only going to get better though and, considering he's not done a particularly shabby job so far, this is yet another reason to remain upbeat about the club's prospects. It may be that this is one of those seasons where thing do not quite go our way, although I'm not even close to giving up on this season.

This is not like past seasons under past regimes though. The current management is light years ahead of anything we've had in the past and my faith in them at this point is totally unwavering.

We're going to be fine. Trust me Cool
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #391 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 20:46:12 »

I think we need to remember that while Andrew Fitton is a very experienced and astute business man, as a football club chairman he is a rookie. He is on a steep learning curve and it may well be that he now thinks that selling Greer was a big mistake (or maybe he doesn't) and if a similar situation arose in the future he may handle it completely differently. However good you are as a business man in the 'real world', I would imagine that nothing can prepare you for the world of football. In that respect, Mr Fitton I would suggest is still finding his feet. He's only going to get better though and, considering he's not done a particularly shabby job so far, this is yet another reason to remain upbeat about the club's prospects. It may be that this is one of those seasons where thing do not quite go our way, although I'm not even close to giving up on this season.

This is not like past seasons under past regimes though. The current management is light years ahead of anything we've had in the past and my faith in them at this point is totally unwavering.

We're going to be fine. Trust me Cool
Great post - fully agree.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #392 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 20:59:23 »

We need to get over the fact we sold Greer. Yes it has affected us adversly but we need to let it go because living in the past will not do the fans nor the team any favours.

We should never have sold Jan Aage Fjortoft for so cheap.
maggers86

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:03:54 »

just got back, thought we were ok today, nothing special though.
interesting to see danny ward sat with our fans when bolton were also playing at home, clearly just a coming to watch though.
i thought the game itself was a cracker, end to end stuff although we created the clearer chances.
none of our goals were anything special mind, neither were theirs. i thought the only preventable one from our point of view was their third (which from where i was sat looked like a morrison own goal but we shall see a bit later on) as i think either ljf was trying to play their bloke offside or was caught out of position as he had acres of space on the edge of our box to cross it in......
prutton looked very good today with dougie playing a little better. ritchie was quiet appart from when our fans were singing wardy chances, you could tell he upped his game!
charlie was quality as ever although had very little to work with until the last 15 mins or so. should have done better with numerous headers. timms was good again and thought he deserved to stay on the pitch for the 90 mins. dossi was ok, couple of good touches but nothing to shout about. rose is getting better and better every game and his freekick was always going in! ball looked good when he came on and created a chance almost instantly. caddis did nothing special though..... re smithy i dont think he could have done much about any of the goals today but as someone said earlier his distribution needs to improve.
interesting to see scott on the bench, obviously we dont rate jesionkowski very highly??!!
all in all it was an average performance but entertaining to watch
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:05:01 »

I see we're back on the Greer subject again.  Emo

We weren't that bad and on reflection 3-3 was a good result. If you'd actually gone to the game you would realise we're not that shit. We're a decent CB away from being play-off contenders again. It's all well and good sat behind your keyboard making generalisations about players when you haven't actually seen them play or the mistakes they've supposedly made.

As for the game, Morrision looked off his game and missed a fair few headers by jumping under the ball. Cuthbert got turned inside out by Adams all afternoon and Charlie didn't look sharp after he took a knock on the ankle in the first half.

I'm blaming the defeat solely on the dicks who started the "2-1 and you fucked it" chant. Bunch of stupid cunts.

On a positive note, Steve got a fucking AWESOME parking space.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:07:00 »

We should never have sold Jan Aage Fjortoft for so cheap.

We should never have let Fraser Digby retire.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #396 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:07:18 »

interesting to see scott on the bench, obviously we dont rate jesionkowski very highly??!!
all in all it was an average performance but entertaining to watch

Jakub is out on loan at Poxford City.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
flammableBen

« Reply #397 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:08:15 »

think he's out on loan to a non-league side
maggers86

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:09:25 »

Jakub is out on loan at Poxford City.

that would explain it then!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:10:13 »

Because the offer Greer had was more than we were prepared to offer, so we took the £250k.

the offer he shouldnt have received until we'd agreed a fee?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:12:25 »

I agree with Sam. In fact I said it in the pub before the game. Why the fuck are people still harping on about Greer? Yes we know he went but get over it. Seriously. It's the same old shit rehashed week after week from some people on here.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:12:53 »

It's the same old shit rehashed week after week from some people on here.

i.e. Dave.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #402 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:16:17 »

We should never have let Fraser Digby retire.

Cheesy
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:17:38 »

Hell, we should never have let Don Rogers go to Crystal Palace.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, November 20, 2010, 21:19:39 »

i.e. Dave.

Yeah but its all still relevant isnt it. If we'd sorted the issues I pointed out in July then they wouldnt still be outstanding.

Its not rocket science - but I didnt go today so I'll sit in the corner and be happy with a 3-3 draw at Rochdale with the same obvious reoccurring problems we've had for 4 months.

The rate we are going we might even finish 10th this season Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: