Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 61864 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #195 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 08:50:36 »

Right, that's it. If this team has turned Chalkies into an optimist, then I've got to see them.
I'm still cautious about what the winter may throw up and the depth of our squad, particularly at the back. At the moment though they are an absolute joy to watch. I'm looking for a cloud but not finding it.............but we are Swindon so I'm sure there are a few on the horizion.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 09:21:05 »

Going back to the announcer, when the players were walking off at half time he declared there had been some lovely skills in the first half and finished by saying it had been "Awesome". Hopefully I'm not the only one who found this cringeworthy and embarrassing?!

Cringeworthy and embarrassing is just the start of it, that fucking Rocking Robin dancing to a stadium that is only 5% full is a load of shit, and then lauded by that twat Stuart Morse!!  Back in the days the atmosphere in the ground would be building from about 2-30 pm, nowadays the ground is almost empty then, no singing before the game at all - that music and those announcers have a lot to answer for!!  Very quiet at the start today but at least the team gave us something to sing and cheer about, bloody good performance and how we cannot attract more fans with performances like that only the board knows, with the stupid pricing system!!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 09:28:48 »

Goal music is daft. I find myself trying not to clap in time to 'Glad All Over'.

I've started sitting down early when we score a goal. I refuse to encourage them with that bloody post-goal music.

As for the announcer, it's a football team, not a boxing match FFS - if he was there to announce teams and get people revved up for the kick off then that'd be fine, but we've just sat and watched the bloody match we don't need a summation of it thanks. The whole PA system needs turning down too.

Keep Rockin' Robin though, the confusion he draws on the faces of away fans is brilliant - although the whole thing could be a little shorter.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 09:45:19 »

Great stuff yesterday all has been pretty much mentioned.

Must say though I like the look of Smith and would not consider him scapegoat material at all. He is improvimng all the time. Also reassuring to see how decent Reeves is. Looked good in both his cameos last two games.

And agree wholeheartedly no need for the 'Glad all over' nonsense.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 09:51:03 »

From the 5 seconds or so I saw of B Smith on the FL Show highlights I thought he looked very good.

I've said it before, I'll say it again and I'll carry on saying it.....

GET FUCKING RID OF 'GLAD ALL OVER' Crash Crash Crash
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 10:03:25 »

I've started sitting down early when we score a goal. I refuse to encourage them with that bloody post-goal music.

I do that too, and all that got me yesterday was an octogenerian in the row in front wiggling her (large) backside in front of my face. Five times.

Things get better but they never get good
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 10:11:30 »

I do that too, and all that got me yesterday was an octogenerian in the row in front wiggling her (large) backside in front of my face. Five times.

There were a bunch of elderly buggers in front of me who started dancing yesterday. By the looks of it I don't think they've danced since 1945, but there they were, jiggling away.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 10:16:27 »

There were a bunch of elderly buggers in front of me who started dancing yesterday. By the looks of it I don't think they've danced since 1945, but there they were, jiggling away.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

Angry   ageism is as wrong as racism, sexism, and homophobia. THIS NEEDS TO STOP.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 10:25:29 »

Steve White's page/column in the match day programme...brilliant read.  I think this may have been mentioned before, but love the way he talks about 'us', 'we' and 'our'.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 10:28:18 »

Have to confess I did dance along to 'Glad all over' once or twice (or 5 times, maybe) yesterday, but did have the little ones with me.

Hooter/XTC would get my vote though, every time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 10:34:40 »

Steve White's page/column in the match day programme...brilliant read.  I think this may have been mentioned before, but love the way he talks about 'us', 'we' and 'our'.

Remember this?  Chalky scoring a winner for Hereford in the Skoda Hubcap, then peeling away to the DRS to celebrate with the Town fans  Smiley and getting a great reception.

McMahon really couldn't understand it
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 10:39:52 »

Angry   ageism is as wrong as racism, sexism, and homophobia. THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

Shut up grandpa, go listen to a gramophone and ask the operator to connect you to a telephone number or something.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 11:03:58 »

in the row in front wiggling her (large) backside in front of my face. Five times.
nothing wrong with a large ass wiggling in your face!!  soapy tit wank
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 11:09:11 »

From the 5 seconds or so I saw of B Smith on the FL Show highlights I thought he looked very good.

I've said it before, I'll say it again and I'll carry on saying it.....

GET FUCKING RID OF 'GLAD ALL OVER' Crash Crash Crash

Yes! I don't need bloody music to help me celebrate a goal. Reminds me of Duxford Airshow I went to once when they played music very loud just as Spitfires and a Lancaster were flying over. Talk about miss the point.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 11:34:15 »

when they played music very loud just as Spitfires and a Lancaster were flying over. Talk about miss the point.

Isn't that a hanging offence? If not why not.

Must have been lucky, 'cause every air show I've been to the words "I'll shut up and let you listen to the marvellous sounds of the merlin engine" are the last to come from the commentary until post display.

--------------
People in our bit of the DRS are singing to glad all over. Even my friends clap at the clappy bits.

They disgust me.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: