Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36155 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 22:16:34 »

I don't work in sport I know (swimming is boring) but I still work on that principal yeah.

Me: so do you feel psychologically strong right now?
Them: no not really
Me: you're doomed then gtfo

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
REDBUCK

« Reply #166 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 22:42:39 »

I know let's get the one the England Footy team used in the summer.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 22:47:53 »

TBF, those that go these days don't go expecting to see a win. If it happens then it's a bonus, more of a day out thing. My niece goes with her son, his cousin and the cousin's grand dad. They don't expect much, but enjoy the social side.
That's why I make the normal 8 hour round trips, football is shit but the social side makes up for it!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 22:48:24 »

I know let's get the one the England Footy team used in the summer.
"The one"! If you're talking about psychologists they're not interchangeable you know.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 22:49:55 by Ells » Logged

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 22:56:19 »

Eileen Drury did a job.  I wonder where she is now?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 23:13:21 »

Eileen Drury did a job.  I wonder where she is now?

It's obviously all bullshit but if she brought Hoddle with her I'd welcome her anywhere in football.

Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #171 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 23:36:07 »

watching the meltdown on the facebook group - did people really expect us to go to sheffield and pick up 3 points??

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 23:36:41 »

watching the meltdown on the facebook group - did people really expect us to go to sheffield and pick up 3 points??

The people on that group want us to pick up 4.

Flashheart

« Reply #173 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 23:41:58 »

Quite a few kicked off that we only got 1 point a Southend.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, December 10, 2016, 23:46:41 »

As a limited footballer I don't think Rodgers works hard enough. Perhaps I'm being overly harsh but he always seems to be more lacklustre than our other group of lacklustres.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 00:35:26 »

We desperately need a central midfielder who can shift! Rodgers, Thomas and Doughty has to be the slowest midfield 3 in the division, not made any quicker when Kasim comes in! Once a player goes past them there's absolutely no hope in Rodgers or Thomas putting in a recovery challenge - they can't catch up
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 08:43:11 »

As a limited footballer I don't think Rodgers works hard enough. Perhaps I'm being overly harsh but he always seems to be more lacklustre than our other group of lacklustres.
From a distant observation we seem to have assembled a group of young players who have little appetite and sound almost complacent with their places in the team. That's quite an achievement.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 09:11:41 »

Didn't he get in a strop on set having been beaten recently?

Also applicable to about 400 town fans yesterday.
But as Reg mentioned, these days it's all mainly about the day out.
The good times will come again, they always do, trouble is it could take years.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #178 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 10:49:07 »

For me an away game has always been about the day out and not the result.

Even when we are doing well I never EXPECT us to win.

That probably comes from watching them in the late 70s and early 80s when the County Ground was a stronghold but we rarely picked up 2/3 points away from home, right up to Macari anyway.

What I do want as a fan is effort from the players, to not have their heads drop when we concede a goal but keep fighting harder, if they give everything they have and we still lose then there will be few complaints. When players duck out of challenges for fear of injury, when they don't chase a seemingly lost cause of a pass and just give up, when they don't argue between themselves when we let a goal in...then theres a problem.

What most (FB twatgroup excluded) Town fans want is commitment and effort, ability is a bonus and few players have all of that of late it would appear.

Several of the players, it seems, hearts are not in it for a battle, they love the "youngest best passing side in the division" compliments they often get in the media like when Sky cover a game, but that doesn't make you a footballer.

A lot of that is indeed down to mental fragility, when we go a goal up we look like we could beat anyone in this division, when we go a goal down then we look the worst side in the league, never have I seen such a Jekyll & Hyde side at Swindon.

As for Rodgers, every time I have seen him play (only about 10 games so far) he has not put in a shift, yes he takes stunning free kicks at times, Premier League standard, but at times he looks lost and runs away from the ball or often not even bothering to run at all, he ducks out of headers totally and his tackling for a midfielder is very poor when he can be bothered to put in a tackle.

He could be an asset in a team for his free kicks alone if we could afford one passenger in the team, if the others around him pass, fight and tackle for him....wherein lies the problem...they don't!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 11:00:19 »

For me an away game has always been about the day out and not the result.

Even when we are doing well I never EXPECT us to win.

That probably comes from watching them in the late 70s and early 80s when the County Ground was a stronghold but we rarely picked up 2/3 points away from home, right up to Macari anyway.

What I do want as a fan is effort from the players, to not have their heads drop when we concede a goal but keep fighting harder, if they give everything they have and we still lose then there will be few complaints. When players duck out of challenges for fear of injury, when they don't chase a seemingly lost cause of a pass and just give up, when they don't argue between themselves when we let a goal in...then theres a problem.

What most (FB twatgroup excluded) Town fans want is commitment and effort, ability is a bonus and few players have all of that of late it would appear.

Several of the players, it seems, hearts are not in it for a battle, they love the "youngest best passing side in the division" compliments they often get in the media like when Sky cover a game, but that doesn't make you a footballer.

A lot of that is indeed down to mental fragility, when we go a goal up we look like we could beat anyone in this division, when we go a goal down then we look the worst side in the league, never have I seen such a Jekyll & Hyde side at Swindon.

As for Rodgers, every time I have seen him play (only about 10 games so far) he has not put in a shift, yes he takes stunning free kicks at times, Premier League standard, but at times he looks lost and runs away from the ball or often not even bothering to run at all, he ducks out of headers totally and his tackling for a midfielder is very poor when he can be bothered to put in a tackle.

He could be an asset in a team for his free kicks alone if we could afford one passenger in the team, if the others around him pass, fight and tackle for him....wherein lies the problem...they don't!

This!!  Sadly there has been so much bullshit written about how good our passing game was/is that the players tend to believe it . . . . obviously the super coach cannot get it through to the players there is another, more nasty, side of the game and they do not - apart from rare occasions - want to battle it out.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: